Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Skip Beat Information Thread

東方神起 JaeJoong Supporter Eternal Lover's Avatar
    Always Keeping The Faith while following DBSK!

Default Skip Beat Information Thread

CHAPTER 215
    COMES OUT ON THE
    SEPT 5TH 2014

please give translators a few days after the release day to release the English translation/scanlations

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Always read the rules & check the stickies on any forum before posting to avoid getting banned

[Useful Threads]
    Read these threads to familiarize yourself with the forums

Available Manga Series Forum Rules
    Skip Beat Information Thread
    Threads that need to be Deleted/Closed

[Official Discussion Threads]
    CHECK if a topic already has a thread for it. DO NOT create duplicates. Report here if one is found.

Latest Chapter Discussion
    Skip Beat! Scenarios Wish List
    Spoiler Thread
    Official Kyoko's "parents" Thread
    Official Ren/Kuon Discussion Thread
    Official Kyoko Character Thread
    Official Sho Character Thread
    Official Skip Beat Drama Discussion Thread

[Skip Beat! Official Websites]
    Here are some official websites you can indulge yourself into

Hana to Yume Skip Beat Website
    Viz Media Skip Beat! Volumes (English mangas)
    Anime News Network: Skip Beat~ Manga
    Anime News Network: Skip Beat~ Anime
    Crunchyroll: Watch Skip Beat! Anime for Free (and legally) w/ English Sub
    Dating Slim Game Website
    Skip Beat Drama CD
    Extravagant Challenge GTV website
    Extravagant Challenge FTV website
    Official Extravagant Challenge FACEBOOK page

[Skip Beat! Merchandises]
    Remember to support the author and purchase the manga when it comes to your country!

Skip Beat! Anime on Itunes
    Amazon Canada
    Amazon Japan
    Amazon America
    RightStuf.com [manga]
    Ebay [All Merchandises]
    Barns and Noble [America]
    Indigo Chapters [Canada]
    Books a Million!
    CD Japan [Japanese]]
    Book Depositaory

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Frequently Asked Questions

Any other websites I read Skip Beat on?
    Please use Google. The members on this forum are not allowed to link to other manga-hosting sites.

What is the date of _____?
    Skip Beat TimeLine thread

Can you give me some Information on Skip Beat! Scans?
    Public/Scan/Circulation

Scanlations Groups that are working on the Manga?
    The most active one is S2scans. For other groups that have worked on the manga in the past please see here

Can you please recommend similar mangas like Skip Beat?
    Go here to ask/search and find suggestions: Manga Recommendations

Why is the anime stop/Why is it so short? Is there going to be a second season?
    Yes the anime is only 26 episodes long. Animes these days are short, especially for shoujo. There is not going to be another season for the anime as of right now. Any further discussions or questions about the anime should be asked here: Anime Talk

There is a Skip Beat Drama?
    "Extravagant-Challenge" is the Taiwanese live-action drama adaptation of Skip Beat! staring Ivy Chen as Kyoko (Gong Xi), Choi Siwon as Ren (Dun He Lian), and Lee Donghae as Sho (Bu Puo Shang). It is 15 episodes long, and there are English Subtitles for it on the web (google it). For more information please check out: Official Skip Beat Drama Discussion Thread

How many volumes does Skip Beat! have?
    In America, Viz Media has released 31 volumes. In Japan, there is a total of 32 (soon to be 33) tankoubon released.

What is Hana To Yume?
    It's a magazine where Skip Beat! chapters get released in Japan.

Can someone please update the manga PLEASE?!
    There are multiple of scanlation groups that tries their best to release the English translation for english speaking fans. Please be patient as it takes a lot of work.

Where (or in what chapter) [insert event here] happens?
    DO NOT make a new thread asking this question. Please post here and someone will gladly help you

Where should I start reading if I just finished the anime/drama?
    B-E-G-I-N-N-I-N-G. The first chapter. The reason for this is because mangas and anime are NOT ALWAYS the same. Sure it might have the same character or main idea or setting, but you might have missed out on some information. If you want to be stubborn then go here: Volume 11 chapter 64 It's better if you start here and get use to the manga.

Is there really a game for Skip Beat! ?
    Yes there is. It's for PS2 and in Japanese. No it's not out in English. Go to this tread for more information: Skip Beat! video game website!

Is there a site where I can have a summary of Skip Beat PS2 storyline?
    You're in luck. Go here: Mechgouki Summaries. Make sure to leave a comment for him if your planning to read the summaries.

Why Is Skip Beat Rate so low?
    There's new mangas coming to MangaFox everyday. People can get different interest and stop reading Skip Beat!

Why is Skip Beat! so popular?
    Because people like it.

Should I read Skip Beat?
    A lot of people like Skip beat but some don't. But i do recommend it. It's not a all girly romance manga like normal Shojo. If you do end up hating it, please do not post a tread here saying you do. Just forget about skip beat and move on with your life.

Why can't i post or make new treads in skip beat forum?
    You probably have been banned or in some special cases, the forum as a whole got shut down due to horrible behaviour

Why do forums get close down?
    Forums can be close down for different reasons. People are spamming or not following the rules are mostly the case. In case you're wondering, yes the Skip Beat! community did get closed down a few times before, so make sure to read the rules!

Where can I buy the English Version of the Skip Beat!
    The distributor of the English Version is Viz Media. You can find the series at your local book shelf if you live in North America. You could also request for it if you can't find it. Please look above for links to buy them online.

Why are there two English version of the Manga?
    There is only one version. However, there are two editions you can get them in. Normal manga size or Omibus Version. Here is me trying to explain the difference in a video. I compare the two. I'll make a more efficient video later on.

*Eternal Lover Note* I am NOT active on this forum anymore. If there are changes that needs to be made, please either PM me or contact me on my youtube.
    Last edited by Eternal Lover; 08-08-2014 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Updated release date for chapter 215

Personal Tumblr :: Fandom Youtube :: Personal Youtube :: Last.FM :: Manga List

☆ INACTIVE MEMBER ☆ // Please contact me via external sites

One of The Followers MissInformed's Avatar

This is good. We now need a sticky for "can you tell me where (or in what chapter) [insert story arc / event here] happens?" There are a lot of those as well. Also "where should I start reading if I just finished the anime?" That could all go in one sticky, but just a suggestion. ^^;;

The only thing I sorrrrrta question (mods, feel free to delete this with your modliness, or I will if you like)...I haven't posted anything like this, but I do understand asking if there's other manga like Skip Beat in the Skip Beat forums because that's where you're sure to find the other Skip Beat fans. I hardly ever venture out of the individual manga forums, and I think there are a lot of people like me. It would seem that a thread asking for recommendations like that (not just general recommendations) might not get the desired views (and therefore get fewer quality replies) elsewhere. But then again, that might just be my lack of experience talking.
    Last edited by MissInformed; 06-22-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MissInformed View Post
    The only thing I sorrrrrta question (mods, feel free to delete this with your modliness, or I will if you like)...I haven't posted anything like this, but I do understand asking if there's other manga like Skip Beat in the Skip Beat forums because that's where you're sure to find the other Skip Beat fans. I hardly ever venture out of the individual manga forums, and I think there are a lot of people like me. It would seem that a thread asking for recommendations like that (not just general recommendations) might not get the desired views (and therefore get fewer quality replies) elsewhere. But then again, that might just be my lack of experience talking.
    I understand what you're saying, even though I'm not a Mod, i'll answer your question. You see, in a series "forum", that's where you talk about one series. You don't talk about other series that are "like" *insert series*. I find the tread really useful, a lot of people are active there too. So i bet you'll get a lot of suggestion. This is what i believe.
    Last edited by Eternal Lover; 06-24-2013 at 01:35 AM.

Uhmm. im sorry, Thanks for your previous help and linking me to this page
    But i still do not understand how to find specific scenes or events;
    I went to the Wiki Site a fore mentioned but that still did not help because the title description does not exactly correlate with the scene that i was searching for.

Sorry for being dumb.

-Help! I need this event/act page! what chapter did this happen?!?!-
    Ok, I work my butt off, doing this for you guys and re-reading SB!
    so you better use it instead of creating mean less treads.

Volume One:

Volume 2
    :

Volume Three:

Volume 14:
    Last edited by Eternal Lover; 07-05-2009 at 04:26 PM.

ok....no coment .Uh whats this thread for?

The Lovely Dreamer SweetxSecret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PRINCENOCTIS View Post
    ok....no coment .Uh whats this thread for?

Not to sound rude, but didn't you read?
    To sum it up, It's a FAQ to prevent useless threads, like the ones listed above.
    Answering the same questions over and over again, gets annoying,
    so I think that's one of the reasons this thread is even here.

Doesn't it annoy you, when there are 15 threads saying the same thing?

Ex: "Skip Beat! rank #2!", "Skip Beat! Rank Low?" "Why Rank SO LOWW?" "What happened to rank?"

Thank goodness, this thread was made, otherwise, I would lost my temper EVERY day!
    Last edited by SweetxSecret; 12-29-2009 at 02:01 AM.

Default Skip Beat Drama Updated July 4th 2011

* The drama is currently airing. You can find the show subbed online*

Information

• Title: 華麗的挑戰 / Hua Li De Tiao Zhan
    • English title: Skip-Beat!
    • Also known as: Extravagant Challenge
    • Genre: Romance, comedy
    • Broadcast network: FTV, GTV
    • Broadcast period: 18-Dec-2011 / 24-Dec-2011
    • Air time: Sunday 22:00-23:30
    • Opening theme song: S.O.L.O (華麗的獨秀) by Super Junior-M
    • Ending theme song: Zhe Shi Ai (這是愛) by Lee Dong Hae
    Ariel Lin (林依晨) as Mogami Kyoko
    Jerry Yan (言承旭) as Tsuruga Ren

New Cast ;;Actor name - Manga Name -
    Ivy Chen - Mogami Kyoko -
    Choi Si Won - Tsuruga Ren -
    Lee Dong Hae - Fuwa Shoutaro
    Bianca Bai - Kotonami Kanae

TRAILER RELEASED! ENGLISH SUBBED

Quote Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Manga Synopsis - Sixteen year old Mogami Kyoko sacrificed her life to support her boyfriend, Sho, so he could become a successful singer. One day, Sho suddenly breaks up with Kyoko, leaving her with nothing, and Kyoko vows revenge. She decides to delve into the entertainment world and become even more successful than Sho to get back at him. Kyoko therein meets Ren, another actor in her agency, who helps motivate her to become a top entertainer.
    Information Sorce Link:: Extravagant Challenge

Notes:
    Updates for Jan 1st 2012
    - The drama is currently airing
    - You can find the drama sub all around the web, just searched in google - "Skip Beat Drama episode 1 ENG SUB"
    - Yes, some of Ren and Sho parts are dubbed over. The reason for this is because the main are not twainess. They are instead korean. They know very little of the language and you might even hear korean here and there

Attached Images
    Last edited by Eternal Lover; 01-01-2012 at 09:38 PM.

Has a Few Faves

hey thanks for the info i really appriciate the hard work your doing making sure everyone is informed about certain things because alot of people don't sometimes or very clearly . But even though Skip beat has low ratings for being such a long and slow series it dosn't mean anything to me. i like this pace becuse it makes you think and question yourself on oh what would i do if i were in her/ his position or maybe this will happen etc. There arn't a hole lot of mangas like that you know and yah I'm kind of old schoolish type but hey It's good and you don't feel like your being rushed because if it really was i think i would lose entrest in Skip beat

Thank you so much for this thread, this should be very useful. Is it all alright if we add the drama information on here? It's really trying every week looking at new post about the drama/moovie...

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast