Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will ryuuki end up marrying Jyūsan-hime Ran?

Default Will ryuuki end up marrying Jyūsan-hime Ran?

I wonder if ryuuki will end up in marrying Jyūsan-hime Ran...i cann't wait for the third season of this anime...Shuurei seems to be rejecting ryuuki's proposal time and time again so i wonder if ryuuki will marry Jyūsan-hime Ran if he ends up losing to shuurei in the contest proposed by him....Ryuki has told Shurei that he can't wait forever for her, because as the emperor, he has a duty to get married. I wonder if he'll do that if he does loses...cause i'm having this premonition that ryuuki will really marry Jyūsan-hime Ran..............
    Last edited by ruchi; 08-12-2009 at 03:44 PM.

A Page Flipper

Default Warning! Spoiler ahead!

WARNING!!!!!!!! SPOILER AHEAD FROM THE LATEST NOVEL!!!!!!!!

It's up to volume 14 for some time now. Shuurei agrees to resign and marry Ryuuki, on the condition that he removes the one wife condition and marries Jyuusan-hime. Reason: She cannot conceive (OMG!OMG!OMG! NOOOO!); something that Yo-sensei told her a long time ago, therefore, she cannot help him fulfill his duty as emperor to produce heirs to the throne.

Anyway, it would not end with volume 14, there's still a major cliffhanger to the end of the volume, where Shuurei disappears with Riou. So I'm still holding out the hope that Shuurei will miraculously be cured and thus, not be barren. It was so freaking touching when Ryuuki hugged her and accepted her conditions with tears running down his cheeks and lamenting that he was not able to promise her that he will be true only to her and had to be the one to take away her life's greatest dream of being an official. I hope that cliffhanger means that the Hyuo family tries to take Shuurei back, but their plan backfires and somehow, because they have magic, Shuurei becomes cured of her barrenness. Or maybe, she will negotiate something so they cure her. OMG! I want to see Shuurei and Ryuuki's children. I don't want her to be barren. I don't want Ryuuki to have to marry Jyuusan-hime. In my perfect ending, Jyuusan would end up with her lover Shun and Ryuuki only has one empress Shuurei.

OMG! A veritable essay (littered with OMGs) written by ShuureiXRyuuki fan.

OK, I'm also adding a link for the translation to this section that I mention.
    http://yuzutea.net/log/2008/12/ryuuk...urei-converse/
    Last edited by gevicra; 05-06-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added the link

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gevicra View Post
    WARNING!!!!!!!! SPOILER AHEAD FROM THE LATEST NOVEL!!!!!!!!

It's up to volume 14 for some time now. Shuurei agrees to resign and marry Ryuuki, on the condition that he removes the one wife condition and marries Jyuusan-hime. Reason: She cannot conceive (OMG!OMG!OMG! NOOOO!); something that Yo-sensei told her a long time ago, therefore, she cannot help him fulfill his duty as emperor to produce heirs to the throne.

Anyway, it would not end with volume 14, there's still a major cliffhanger to the end of the volume, where Shuurei disappears with Riou. So I'm still holding out the hope that Shuurei will miraculously be cured and thus, not be barren. It was so freaking touching when Ryuuki hugged her and accepted her conditions with tears running down his cheeks and lamenting that he was not able to promise her that he will be true only to her and had to be the one to take away her life's greatest dream of being an official. I hope that cliffhanger means that the Hyuo family tries to take Shuurei back, but their plan backfires and somehow, because they have magic, Shuurei becomes cured of her barrenness. Or maybe, she will negotiate something so they cure her. OMG! I want to see Shuurei and Ryuuki's children. I don't want her to be barren. I don't want Ryuuki to have to marry Jyuusan-hime. In my perfect ending, Jyuusan would end up with her lover Shun and Ryuuki only has one empress Shuurei.

OMG! A veritable essay (littered with OMGs) written by ShuureiXRyuuki fan.

OK, I'm also adding a link for the translation to this section that I mention.
    http://yuzutea.net/log/2008/12/ryuuk...urei-converse/
    thanks for this
    more more

Has a Few Faves

OMG, I feel so sorry for Ryuuki and Shuurei. But as long as they end up together, it's good enough for me. I wonder if Shuurei dose love Ryuuki though. I always feel Ryuuki loves her more than she loves him :((

Alistair = Adorkable <3 Kou Shuurei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeony810 View Post
    . I wonder if Shuurei dose love Ryuuki though. I always feel Ryuuki loves her more than she loves him :((
    I do not wonder about it, i know she loves him I dunno why so many people have problems to recognize it but at times its pretty much obvious....just like this time where she sits on the sakura tree Ryuuki has gifted her:

These are actually Shuureis face expressions from eps.33 (second season) as she said: Im glad Ryuuki can now express his feelings to Jyuusan-hime. Even without me hes not alone anymore. Im glad, really glad." (in short) (yeah right girl, you look like the happiest person in the world while saying this >__>)

As I have now seen it again, I was first blown away cuz she never showed it that obvious before, she always only hinted it and it was only noticable to the viever who pays attention to her (like me)

If someone may ask WHY doesnt she want to be with Ryuuki when she loves him I can tell Shuurei is a complicated person, when it comes to love or her personally.
    My answer on another topic (heeeellloooo Ruchi xD) may help you to understand better why Shuurei act the way she does: (pretty lengthy but worth reading)

Quote Originally Posted by Kou Shuurei
    "
    she doesn't seems to care about seiran and ryuuki's feelings at all and doesn't handle the situation about guys too.
    Before Im stating my in-deep thought about it I frankly explain: SaiMono is different from other shojo/ Josei series. Its not (all) about Romance. Sure there is romance in it, but its just a small part of the whole SM-universum, basically its about a girl realizing her dream, the politicial plot and storys in achient (fantasy) china ...oh and most importantly about the characters in it. The romance part is also a wonderful part of it but unlike in other series its universe DOESNT RESOLVE about it. The way the romance is portrayed is also different. Saimono isnt a lovey dovey rush fest (yay), the heroine doesnt jump into her love interests arms after 2 frikkin chapters/episodes. (Fushigi Yuugi anyone?) The process Ryuuki/Shuurei make or not make however (which is sometimes frustrating but that is what it also makes it interesting- at least for me -_-) is veeery veeeery slow....but steady. (Damn I realize here one more time HOW MUCH Skip Beat and Saiunkoku are alike O_O)

So that brings me to the point where Im thinking you dont get Shuureis character. AT ALL. About she disregarding Ryuukis feelings (Seiran comes later) I dont think so. The advances came all from Ryuukis side remember? She clearly said to him that she doesnt sit in for the exams to become his wife and that he should give his feelings to someone else.

Loookey lookey I even got video reference material prepared. Uih. This scene alone says a LOT.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6qIohoUV9g

Its not that I dont feel sorry for Ryuuki, (he fell hopelessly in love with such a complicated woman after all ?) I mean he made her dream possible after all, but hes the one who doesnt want(ed) to give up - even after she said all this ("Im stobbern too like Shuurei" etc) ...oh and I guess Shuureis reaction while he kissed her here proofed him right to do so, lol. Yeah way to go, Ryuuki. You left quite an impression on your beloved one xD

Well yeah maybe she should be even more clearly (especially later on- with the gamble the both made ...which was rather...stupid), but why isnt she completely dumping him? duh its obvious (for trained eyes ) that she likes him...and I guess even more. Shes only not aware of it. So why isnt Shuurei then more lovey dovey when she likes him? Well why isnt Skip Beats Kyoko? Both for the same reason: they dont wanna be in love. They are afraid of falling in love. Both are strong independent, smart character but both have their insecurities when it comes to theirselfs. Especially in Shuureis case no matter how much confidence she may have with the things she does or with her job - when it comes to herself ...to her personally...she is just a 16(-19 xD) years old insecure young lady who covers it up with toughness. Me thinks also she does think she isnt good enough/beautiful enough for Ryuuki and maybe even use the fact hes the emperor as an excuse. But thats just my theory.

On the other hand if Ryuuki werent teh big king it all were far less complicated for them and Im sure Shuurei wouldnt hesitate so much. She didnt have to give up the dream she so dearly clings to for being with him and they could go all lovey dovey very easy....yawn. But well life is a bitch even in Saiunkoku and thats why the things doesnt go this way. Ryuuiki IS the emperor and being an empress sitting only smiling and good looking on her hubbys side isnt much appealing to Shuurei. Fact. Hey dont we all love that its more complicated for both, though? I mean how beautiful is it then to see a happy end after all and so long- (you know the love conquers it all part, yadda yadda. Im a sucker for such stories, gomen) Not that I dont wish for any process, cuz currently their "relationship" overall stocked and complicated. Ugh. Actually the more I think about their situation they currently are in (speak LN vol. 14) the more it gives me a headache. I truly hope the author will solve this good AND clever. Same goes for all the other obstacles she obsessively has piled in front of her characters o_O As for me I wish me an ending where both can be together, though BOTH should be happy about it. Enough sacrifices already -_-
    Hope that clear up things ^^

Has a Few Faves

Kou Shuurei gives some really good points about Shuurei and I think you understand her character well. However, I personally like female characters who have deep and strong feelings for their loved ones. Of course the whole story is not about romance, but even then, I think Shuurei's feelings towards Ryuuki are not as passionate as I hope they are. Of course, she does care about him and wishes him happiness, but I think if she really loves him, no matter how sacrificing her personality is, she would want him for herself and deep inside, would not be happy at the fact that Ryuuki might marrry Jyuusan-hime. If she's really struggling with her insecurities, she must express some kind of regrets or extreme sadness when she's alone. Ryuuki has given her plenty of time, but it seems that she hasn't come to any clear conclusion about her own feelings, and hasn't replied his feelings in a proper way. If it's because he's a emperor, then I would be even more disappointed, because a strong and smart woman like her should not be afraid to be who she is nor to love who she loves.
    I think Shuurei is a wonderful character but she's not really my type. I like, for example Misaki in KAICHOU WA MAID-SAMA more; she's strong, smart but also very passionate in her feelings :X.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpeony810 View Post
    Kou Shuurei gives some really good points about Shuurei and I think you understand her character well. However, I personally like female characters who have deep and strong feelings for their loved ones.
    Thank you, Im very devoted to the series and thats why I can grasp its characters and motives quite perfectly. I personally like twisted characters whose motives arent that easy to understand -because its boring otherwise- that is also why I love Shuurei, Kyoko Mogami (and Ren Tsuraga) so much. Thats also why I have something to say to your post as well. So bear with me xD
    Of course the whole story is not about romance, but even then, I think Shuurei's feelings towards Ryuuki are not as passionate as I hope they are. .
    As I said Shuurei is a very complicated person and not easy to understand, I on the other hand could write an essay on her character and her motives, so let me help to understand ^^
    Passionate is maybe not the right word but she is devoted already all her life in a way to him. Its something that Hyou Jr. notice to Ryuuki and I think he right with it.. She is working as a subordinate/official for supporting her country and help its people of course but there is another reason for it. She also wants to support Ryuuki at all its cost and (in the novel Kouki mention to Ryuuki it was a stupid to call her in to marry her because in this way hell lose his one and maybe only 100% loyal offical) im pretty much sure when it comes to Ryuuki Shuurei would try EVERYTHING to help him, if things would get rough for him.She loves him, but knows she cant be with him for various reasons Ill explain later, thats why she satisfies herself with being in his near and support him as much as she can as his subordinate.

Of course, she does care about him and wishes him happiness, but I think if she really loves him, no matter how sacrificing her personality is, she would want him for herself and deep inside, would not be happy at the fact that Ryuuki might marrry Jyuusan-hime.
    There we come to the reasons why she cant be with him or she thinks so... Main reason is of course is her job, I think she might be hiding behind it also a bit because she stated once to lipstickman xD that shes afraid of falling in love (and didnt noticed she already is) Thats also the main dilemma here, because Ryuuki is the only man in whole Saiunkoku for whom she had to give up her job to be with him, if she had fallen for another guy she still could continue living her dream and working as official. But in Ryuukis case being the emperor it is of course impossible. Thats why she keeps denying her feelings for him, also she keeps her distance to him because (in the novel) she knows early that she is barren and cant get children. An emperor however has to get children to save the royal line, a heir. And just because Ryuuki swore to live monogamous, she knew she cant be the woman on his side...aside from all other things..her insecurities on the other hand are another topic (later).

As I said Shuureis twisted, totally. She wants him to be happy but deep down she dont want him to see married with another woman, because she loves him. She isnt happy at all about the fact he intent to marry Jyuusan-hime as last resort and if you have watched her reactions closely youd know that. Just like in my post before where she lied to herself that shes happy for Ryuuki having Jyuusan-hime, to reassure her feelings ...but watch her face expressions while she is saying this, shes deep down devastated. So thats why she is also totally that taken aback about what Ryuuki told her in the end, that he cant wait forever for her. She always thought Ryuuki would wait forever for her, so that she has time to live her dream and being an official for quite a few years before giving in to him (which is a most unfair thinking btw, but I think this is what she relied on) , though now he set her an ultimatum till she had to decide what she wants. Shes sure she can win this gamble easily and of course shes too proud to reject his suggestion thats why she "games" with him. Still it was a stupid idea after all.

Ryuuki has given her plenty of time, but it seems that she hasn't come to any clear conclusion about her own feelings, and hasn't replied his feelings in a proper way.
    No because its just not possible for her, shes caught in between. In a way she always enjoys to be with him, to spent time with and support him, but on the other hand because hes the emperor she know cant be with him, for reasons I already explained. I think its unfair to Ryuuki too, I mean that guy had done a lot for her, and although he knows she loves him too but this kind of love is not enough for him (devotion)... oh well he really has chosen such a complicated woman to be his one and only true love. *pats Ryuuki on the head*

Will continue this post in another one due to character limits, still have something to say ...hey why does everyone looks at me like Im a weirdo? O___O lol

If she's really struggling with her insecurities, she must express some kind of regrets or extreme sadness when she's alone.
    I dunno for the novel (me not understand japanese, meh) buuut as for the anime and the manga she actually does express those feelings clearly. I didnt understand first not why as well but now I know.
    In the manga (which is closer to the novel afaik) she thinks :

Just looking on that sleeping face...he (Ryuuki) is the perfect gentleman...*looks closely to him* .the young king of Saiunkoku is just an ignorant pampered boy [] had he been a wise king I would not been able to stay with him like this.

There are people on this earth who are favorited by gods after all (means clearly Ryuuki with it) *thinks* Even if Im clad in riches, perfectly mannered,Ill never be a real lady. *Says* But that wont be me anymore.

Just like this hands of mine....

If only I were a little prettier...beautiful enough to fit in this palace....

I suppose this day isnt far from now [] where I will return to the life Im used to with Seiran and father. Once I returned home, there will be many ladies from other noble families shuffling into the palace. ONLY A BEAUTIFUL WELL BROUGHT UP LADY IS SUITED FOR SUCH A HANDSOME KING. Though Ill be a little lonely.*pats his head* (obviously likes him already at this point)

If that says not enough about Shuureis insecurities I dunno what should. Cuz with this she made obvious clear, that she thinks shes not good enough for him, that she never be that noble lady Ryuuki deserves on his side. Although the crux is she doesnt see that Ryuuki loves/falls for her BECAUSE of she is the way she is...for not being such a boring noble woman he surely met enough already in his life. A pity that shes not aware of it, though Ryuuki also doesnt know about her insecurities either, otherwise he would surely show her what he thinks of such a nonsense

In the anime its a short scene in episode 11, where she looks sadly on his pieces of fabrics in her hand (with which he cleaned her face from fever sweat) and says If only someone beautiful and gentle would become your consort (wife)...even if you care for me with undivided attention ...I . *change to Shuureis mother*, who says (in short) Do you ever think Id call you husband? Dont be foolish,Shouka, Ill never love you. *another cut* .now we see her happy with Shuurei on her arms saying: Im so happy Shouka. Im blessed to have such a cute daughter, Seiran and wonderful husband, I love you Shouka.

Anyone noticed how similar the stories of her parents and her own with Ryuuki is? Its just wow. Lets hope they will also end like Shouka and Shoukun in the end (minus the dying of course)
    If it's because he's a emperor, then I would be even more disappointed, because a strong and smart woman like her should not be afraid to be who she is nor to love who she loves. I think Shuurei is a wonderful character but she's not really my type.
    Ive already explained that point, earlier, just look up to find it. ^^

BTW Anyone interested in Ryuukis in deep characteristics? Just as me xD Oh and if you are interested in reading my theories packed in a good story watch out for Ignorance is bliss, my RyuukiXShuurei FF on FF.net (link) There will be 9 Chapters in total and Id put a lot of this stuff in it (minus the bara-hime arc or better say the barren thingie) Unfortunately my beta reader is such a lame ass that she even havent finished to beta read chapter 2 of it -_- *needs another one*

I really inspired to kou Shuurei-san for making the post so lively.. Im inspired to right an opinion because of her..

On the other hand if Ryuuki werent teh big king it all were far less complicated for them and Im sure Shuurei wouldnt hesitate so much. She didnt have to give up the dream she so dearly clings to for being with him and they could go all lovey dovey very easy....yawn. But well life is a bitch even in Saiunkoku and thats why the things doesnt go this way. Ryuuiki IS the emperor and being an empress sitting only smiling and good looking on her hubbys side isnt much appealing to Shuurei. Fact. Hey dont we all love that its more complicated for both, though? I mean how beautiful is it then to see a happy end after all and so long- (you know the love conquers it all part, yadda yadda. Im a sucker for such stories, gomen) Not that I dont wish for any process, cuz currently their "relationship" overall stocked and complicated. Ugh. Actually the more I think about their situation they currently are in (speak LN vol. 14) the more it gives me a headache. I truly hope the author will solve this good AND clever. Same goes for all the other obstacles she obsessively has piled in front of her characters o_O As for me I wish me an ending where both can be together, though BOTH should be happy about it. Enough sacrifices already -_-
    i agree to this line.. i also think that we readers don't comprehend to what the writer wants to her /his creation but in my opinion she's just trying to be realistic in some other ways because we all know that anime is not real but it reflects ones characters, dreams, ambition etc.. but i admire shuurei for his strong charcter.. its not easy to be like that is painful inside while ryuuki also hurt with shuurei decision but then love conquers all and ryuuuki is still waiting for shuurei to her decision to marry him... ihope.... because even a strong like a rock person can be soft as cotton ... i hope i still can wait for the latest novel i praise the writer for that also teveryone here whos always soporting SaiMono....

i really love this story but i can't believe shuurei is barren how did that happen .. i dont want to see ryuuki with anyone else even if he has some feelings for jyuusan ....man it sucks being emperor cause they have to have more than one wife so they can have heir's and wouldn' tbe happy if the person i love marries another woman ........well i guess it's harder for guys if they only love one girl or not if they love anyone...........man i really hope ryuuki marry only shuurei -_- even if i know he has to marry others lke his father did ....bbbbbbbbbboooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooo oooo -_-

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast