Page 227 of 562 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 5618

Thread: Latest Chapter Discussion!

One of The Followers

I guess it extreme hurts when someone just come and told you that your hardworking was for nothing. If i was him i would be in trauma and swear never touch basketball again :O

A Loyalist To Ranks kamuinoyume's Avatar

I have to say, it is down right refreshing to see emotions from Kuroko! He was by far the Manga's blandest character as far as emotions go (and it didn't help matter much that we were never shown his smile, only the character's reaction to it, like it would be a crime for us to see his face emote anything other than that bland look he mostly has on). And it looks like I was right, Akashi basically came as a god-sent back then to help him become what he is today (yet, for some reason in the novels he's a shit tone more grateful to Aomine than Akashi for getting where he got... so I'm gonna be taking that as confirmation for Kuroko's man crush on Aomine).

Frankly, I'm still dreading the next chapter... I'm still thinking that any second the Author will decide to turn Akashi evil like *snap* and all that we've seen up until now will be swept under the rug (but it's nice to see him act normal and get development - by the way, have you noticed that Akashi's parents and by extension home life is the only one we've touched upon in the show aside from Kagami? And Kagami isn't even remotely comparable, since the author decided to entirely ditch his parents and the ensuing problems by having them decide to stay on another F*king continent while their under-aged son lives alone and unsupervised in another country!)

And honestly, Kuroko's friend, is just written for disaster (and it's starting to irk me)! You know when a show suddenly decides to throw a character so in your face that you basically predict he'll be dead by the end of the episode? Well, at least then you can still fool yourself into thinking he won't die (unlike here where it's basically confirmed that the guy quit playing)! Here, I'm just tired of hearing about this dude who's face I don't even know and who I know is gonna get stomped at one point in time repeatedly thrown in my face just so that I can sympathize with him when he does appear! (It's not gonna happen!) And the only reason I can conclude for the author not showing us his face yet is because, maybe the fans did get it right, and he IS the 5th member of Rakuzan (and since we know that guy's face, we'd recognize him instantly!)!

And guys! We got some new female character! (or, well, one... BUT, hey! It's better than nothing!)

One of The Followers Incessant_Darkness's Avatar

Hrm maybe Kuroko is the reason that his friend quit, or maybe he's the reason that Akashi loses it eventually, and then Akashi in turn takes it out on Kuroko's friend to teach him a lesson, and so all of it is Kuroko's fault. At this point I would welcome it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Incessant_Darkness View Post
    Hrm maybe Kuroko is the reason that his friend quit, or maybe he's the reason that Akashi loses it eventually, and then Akashi in turn takes it out on Kuroko's friend to teach him a lesson, and so all of it is Kuroko's fault. At this point I would welcome it.
    It may be that Kuroko couldn't or didn't play seriously against his friend, and as a result of that Akashi "punishes" his friend.

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but this chapter basically validates what I've been telling people for a few good months now: Akashi didn't sabotage any of his team mates! He (or better said, the team) just needed a wing man that could step in an alter the flow of the game -> http://mangafox.me/manga/kuroko_no_b...D/c205/12.html . They didn't need any more fire power, so Kuroko didn't need to learn how to shoot. And given just how bad he is when Akashi stumbles upon him (somewhere around the bottom 5 of a school that boosts over 100 members.... that's a new definition of low), and how fast he was promoted to a regular (it's supposed to be the second semester of first year, by the time of Kise's entrance - beginning of second year- he's already a regular), I say Akashi didn't actually have time (or decided to not waste time) to teach him something the team had no use for.

<3

i have to agree w/ some here.. Kuroko should really be grateful to Akashi.. He was about to quit basketball but because Akashi saw him that day and take interest in him,, he was able to continue.. i mean it was basically Akashi who made him The Sixth Man.. It was he who saw that he may had the potential, not even the coach or trainer or Aomine saw it.. His current technique was basically Akashi's idea.. I am guessing it was also probably Akashi who taught and trained him and put him in the first string to be their sixth man..

But what got me is that the Akashi in middle school was so different from the Akashi we first saw.. I mean his aura his different.. In middle school he look so kind and friendly especially when he was talking to the girls who was w/ Momoi.. Like look at him he was no where near the deadly looking Akashi who we were first introduce to.. What could have possibly change him so much?!?!

<3

Quote Originally Posted by kamuinoyume View Post
    I don't know if anyone's noticed, but this chapter basically validates what I've been telling people for a few good months now: Akashi didn't sabotage any of his team mates! He (or better said, the team) just needed a wing man that could step in an alter the flow of the game -> http://mangafox.me/manga/kuroko_no_b...D/c205/12.html . They didn't need any more fire power, so Kuroko didn't need to learn how to shoot. And given just how bad he is when Akashi stumbles upon him (somewhere around the bottom 5 of a school that boosts over 100 members.... that's a new definition of low), and how fast he was promoted to a regular (it's supposed to be the second semester of first year, by the time of Kise's entrance - beginning of second year- he's already a regular), I say Akashi didn't actually have time (or decided to not waste time) to teach him something the team had no use for.

yeah i agree since he only need a sixth man who could step in anytime to change the flow of the game so he just decided to teach Kuroko a technique that could be his own and of use to the team since he felt that that is were he could excel and be atleast useful to the team.. I mean what's the sense of training him to shoot or any offense and defense move if he know that Kuroko won't probably excel in them.. He's been training half a year in those area and his still in the 3rd string and on the bottom 5 at that.. Plus he already have Midorima who is an expert in shooting then there's Aomine who is like a monster when it comes to offense and the top point getter.. Not to mention Kuroko says Murasakibara was originally more on offense and there is even a time where he scores a hundred point in a single game and he only started specializing in defense half way through middle school (so that would mean during their 2nd year).. I am also thinking that it maybe Akashi's idea that Murasakibara focuses on defending alone since first his lazy and second because they got Kise during second year which give them more power on the offense so therefore he needed to strengthen their defense thus he made Murasakibara in charge of the defense to avoid their opponent from scoring and that even though they made a surprise attack and was able to surpass their defense he would still have Murasakibara under the goal post to block the opponent shoot while Mirodima, Aomine & Kise go and get points..

Quote Originally Posted by kamuinoyume View Post
    I have to say, it is down right refreshing to see emotions from Kuroko! He was by far the Manga's blandest character as far as emotions go
    He's not blunt, he's a stoic. He feels but he chooses not to externalize it. He's kind of the polar opposite of Kagami regarding that.

What I really like in the story is that Kuroko wasn't just the kind of person who worked hard towards what he wanted but he also needed networking. It's actually... Realistic, in that sense. Something that is required in many professions. Sure, he's also lucky for meeting Aomine but Kuroko's a good guy, as Aomine emphasizes. And being good to others takes you a long way.

Well, that's my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Joypad; 03-17-2013 at 11:28 PM.

^ That's exactly what I was complaining about, that we don't get to see them much, and I for one get a better feel for characters when I can actually see them display visually some emotions every once in a while.

And internalization really isn't a good cooping mechanism.

Oh Gosh!! I wanted to hug Kuroko when he cried!! I can't wait to see what Akashi will say to Kuroko!!! Apparently I'm not a big thinker like everyone else who goes deep into the story to try to figure it out....so...I will just wait to read it instead of speculating what might happen or what might not happen.

Kamui Gakupo!!

"You and me Rendezvous? Rendezvous?"

Page 227 of 562 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237277327 ... LastLast