Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indra and Ashura

One of The Followers Kool Badass's Avatar

Default Indra and Ashura

I just want to discuss their names. Their names have been taken from the Hindu (Indian) Mythology. Ashura should actually be pronounced as Asura which is a common noun for any Monster. Indra is a little perverted God. He is the good of Weather and rain. So Indra is a proper noun. I kinda like the irony where Ashura is the bad name given to the good guy and Indra is the good name given to a bad guy. Just wanted to share the information.

We dont know if indra was bad, we just know he was opposed to his brother as their father's successor
    Our new hokage

Taijutsu at its finest

Friend Code 4270-1267-6664

Meh, I expected this plot twist

At least there are something new in Naruto, at last

Quote Originally Posted by Kool Badass View Post
    Ashura should actually be pronounced as Asura
    well they are japanese, they pronounce Asura as Ashura.... hahaha
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DklciiZQnQ#t=00m39s

having an affair with Hinata Samphel's Avatar

I just want to discuss their names. Their names have been taken from the Hindu (Indian) Mythology. Ashura should actually be pronounced as Asura which is a common noun for any Monster. Indra is a little perverted God. He is the good of Weather and rain. So Indra is a proper noun. I kinda like the irony where Ashura is the bad name given to the good guy and Indra is the good name given to a bad guy. Just wanted to share the information.

maybe Kishi did a research but mixed it up, good with bad and bad with good

One of The Followers narukyuubi's Avatar

Indra is kinda like sasuke went bad because of someone elses wrong decision

Level One Otaku

The dictionary on my laptop says that Indra was the warrior-king of the heavens, and the god of war and storms. Wikipedia also says he was the leader of the Deva. Asura are a class of (malevolent in Hinduism, benevolent in Zoroastrianism) divine beings opposed to the Deva. Also, Ashura started out the good-for-nothing brother and Indra was viewed as a hero, and it wasn't until after the Sage was inspired by Ashura's struggles and named him his successor that Indra turned evil.

One of The Followers Kool Badass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevAsura View Post
    The dictionary on my laptop says that Indra was the warrior-king of the heavens, and the god of war and storms. Wikipedia also says he was the leader of the Deva. Asura are a class of (malevolent in Hinduism, benevolent in Zoroastrianism) divine beings opposed to the Deva. Also, Ashura started out the good-for-nothing brother and Indra was viewed as a hero, and it wasn't until after the Sage was inspired by Ashura's struggles and named him his successor that Indra turned evil.
    Not exactly true. Because I was born a Hindu and my grandparents told me hundreds of stories about the thousands of Gods and devas of Hindu mythology. They were very interesting untill I became an atheist at the age of 8.

Level One Otaku

i think he should have given the other name , Deva instead of Indra, since Deva is the polar opposite of Asura

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast