Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another look: Obito Uchiha

The Guy you would never suspect to read Manga. False Enigma's Avatar

Default Another look: Obito Uchiha

Well we found that Obito grew up like Naruto. He didn't know his parents, which really kind of threw me for a loop when you consider he still has an entire clan to bond with. Also his relationship with Rin was shown to be much deeper then some one-sided crush, with Rin never really knowing that he existed because she was into Kakashi, which is what I thought it was, similiar to Naruto and Sakura. So I will ask...

- To what extent has your opinion changed of Obito now that we have recieved more information about his background and his realtionship with Rin?

- All the bad story telling issues aside, in what ways does it make more sense to you that he turned to the darkside when you consider his life, relationships, dreams, and the close knit bond he had with Rin, If your opinion of him changed at all?

- Whether you feel the same or you find yourself shifting, give some legitament reasons why.

As for my opinion. IF he really did grow up like Naruto, which is still hard to believe for me, then I would compare his relationship with Rin to the one Naruto had with Iruka. It was intitally the only bond he had, and it meant a lot to him. I would also push and say that it contained a small essance of Naruto's relationship with Sasuke in it, solely because of the strength of the twos' understanding of one another. Not to mention that it makes a lot more sense considering that Rin is a girl and Sasuke is a boy.

With that said, when she died, I can see why he snapped in a way. The only bond he had at the time vanished, and to add insult to injury, he saw it happen with Kakashi, arguably the only other person he was JUST truly putting his trust into, being the one to kill her. Sure, given time, I think Obito would have come to terms with it all. However, with Madara whispering into his ear during such a vulnerable and traumatized state, I'm not suprised that the boy was pushed over the edge.

Oh I can not stress this enough, avoid lowly bashing and simple-minded namecalling. We are all intelligent people here.

Banned

My opinion of him has not changed for this simple fact...

He threw away all that he knew to be true and continued to run from reality despite knowing full well what he was doing was wrong.

How can you have sympathy for someone who continues to do wrong and is aware for their wrong doings?

His M.O still comes down to Rin as IF he cared about "the world" he would of not caused a WW or attacked villages and involved innocent bystanders.

Quote Originally Posted by D1982 View Post
    My opinion of him has not changed for this simple fact...

He threw away all that he knew to be true and continued to run from reality despite knowing full well what he was doing was wrong.

How can you have sympathy for someone who continues to do wrong and is aware for their wrong doings?

His M.O still comes down to Rin as IF he cared about "the world" he would of not caused a WW or attacked villages and involved innocent bystanders.
    I second this.

Also there is one thing. Imagine what would happen to Naruto if Sakura would get killed - No. Sasuke would get killed by A. What do you think he'd do. Ofc. he can't recive help from badass like Madara to show him a different way to "fix" world. I think he would be full of sh!t like Obito is right now. He would end up like Nagato.
    Serenissima Res Publica Coronae Regni Poloniae Magnique Ducatus Lithuaniae

A Page Flipper

how harder does author try to say he is not emo that harder we or should i say, i, believe that he is just an emo. Anyway either he will get tnj or die like danjo chasing after his dream (which is better than getting tnj-ed)

He had no reason to do any of the things he did he just got swayed by Madara. Which is why he can be talk no jutsued.

OP prediction list W:3 L:1- Dressrosa only

-evrything else

After everything we've learned about him I see him as a weak man. He knew Rin, the girl he loved, sacrificed herself to protect Konoha yet he decided to destroy the village and proceeded to do all the things he did later on though he knew what he was doing was wrong. He threw away his ideal, his promise to Rin, his dreams and his own true self and instead adopted someone else's dream, ideals and identity. It was as if he was in denial of Rin's sacrifice and was just focusing on Madara's words.

Obito's the coolest guy I know! kitheka's Avatar

Brilliant post, mate.

I love how you have tried to make sense of what has been poor story-telling on kishi's part.

My opinion of obito hasn't changed but for the sake of keeping this thread civil, I will keep my opinion to myself.

What has changed with this recent chapter, is my opinion of rin. She clearly knew how obito felt about her, yet she just stringed him along. She was a tease. She is partly responsible for obito's mental collapse.

This doesn't justify obito's weak resolve or easily manipulated personality but these are my opinions.

In regards to the naruto comparisons, I find them flimsy and laughable. The comparison feels fake and forced.

I may not be a sakura fan but atleast she doesn't lead our hero on the way rin did obito.
    set by megori
    Mokuryū in CGI

Quote Originally Posted by kitheka View Post
    What has changed with this recent chapter, is my opinion of rin. She clearly knew how obito felt about her, yet she just stringed him along. She was a tease. She is partly responsible for obito's mental collapse.

This doesn't justify obito's weak resolve or easily manipulated personality but these are my opinions.
    no she's not. what obito does is his own business.

Obito is a poorly written forced character and a mistake in the manga.

Pretty standard opinion, not subject to change.

Obito's the coolest guy I know! kitheka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ukelele View Post
    no she's not. what obito does is his own business.
    Yes she is, she lead him on yet she was in love with his best friend. Obito should have NTR'd that shit.
    set by megori
    Mokuryū in CGI

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast