Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would PRIME Isaac Netero Beat Meryeum

Banned

Default Would PRIME Isaac Netero Beat Meryeum

honestly netero is a 120 year old human.. while meryeum was a freshly born alien who fed on 2000 nen users i think thats not fair at all

While isaac netero during his prime years was labeled the number one user of nen , he beat maha zoldyck and zeno , he beat ging and all the zoldiacs and gathered and pimped them making them into a group and sparred with them occasionally

so my question is .. prime netero 60 year old ( i think his prime years were in the start of the sixties cuz thats when he accomplished all his known feats )

vs

meryuem the 2-3day born ? .. who would win
    Last edited by alferjani; 10-27-2013 at 07:13 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alferjani View Post
    honestly netero is a 120 year old human.. while meryeum was a freshly born alien who fed on 2000 nen users i think thats not fair at all

While isaac netero during his prime years was labeled the number one user of nen , he beat maha zoldyck and zeno , he beat ging and all the zoldiacs and gathered and pimped them making them into a group and sparred with them occasionally

so my question is .. prime netero 60 year old ( i think his prime years were in the start of the sixties cuz thats when he accomplished all his known feats )

vs

Meryem.

Although Meryem was undoubtedly stronger by the time Netero fought him as opposed to when he was first born because of his synthesis ability. I wouldn't really say he was THAT much stronger.

I mean who did he really eat that made him 5x stronger before he fought netero?

We saw him eat a couple of normal humans when he was first born, and like 1 nen user.

After that he sat in his castle all day playing games, and when he met Komgui, spent the rest of his 40 day life obsessing over trying to beat her in gungi.

He wasn't much of a glutton, so I wouldn't really say that his ability made a significant differnce in his strength before he fought netero.

Let's say netero was 2x as strong in his prime, then he is now.

After exchanging hundred's upon thousands of blows with the king, the current netero managed to cause him a dull pain. A dull pain is the kind of pain you get when you jam your finger into you're ribcage.

So what's the double of that? A sharp pain. Meaning it would have hurt enough for the king to actually notice, but that's about it. Not that much damage inflicted really.

What did the current Netero's zero hand do to Meryem? Give him some light bruises and cuts.

So if we double that, it'd do what exactly? Maybe give him some deeper cuts and a lot more bruises, but nothing he couldn't recover from.

Also add to the fact that meryem wasn't even trying to kill him and it makes current Netero look even better. You do realize that the arm, and leg Meryem took from netero could have easily been his head right? He just didn't kill him because he wanted to know his name.

Netero would maybe last twice as long against Meryem if he was in his prime, but he'd still lose, because during their entire fight he caused virtually zero damge. If you double that you get what? Zero.

People don't give Meryem enough credit. He was a lot stronger then netero.

Prime Netero still loses imo,tho thats just my speculation since we dont know the extents of his powers in his prime.

That's the problem with this question, the majority of time we see a character not on his prime, we don't see what that prime was or get a good source of reference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MarcellX View Post
    That's the problem with this question, the majority of time we see a character not on his prime, we don't see what that prime was or get a good source of reference.
    But it doesn't really matter that much in this case.

If the fight was relatively close with Isaac not being in his prime then we could say he would have had a chance or even won if he was in his prime.

Meryem vs Netero was not a close fight. It was completely one-sided.

Even if Netero was twice as strong, he'd still lose for sure.

Nope, I think Netero would've won.
    I think that Gon in beast form would beat Meruem, then Netero (number one uses or nen) in his prime would be able to beat Meruem. I don't think we even saw half of Netero's full strength and people slightly overestimate Meruem's full strength.
    Also Meruem's problem is that he's too arrogant/ or naive, to fight full strength right off the bat, so that would aid in Netero's win.
    So I would give this to Netero with extreme high difficulty.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ibtenity View Post
    Nope, I think Netero would've won.
    I think that Gon in beast form would beat Meruem, then Netero (number one uses or nen) in his prime would be able to beat Meruem. I don't think we even saw half of Netero's full strength and people slightly overestimate Meruem's full strength.
    Also Meruem's problem is that he's too arrogant/ or naive, to fight full strength right off the bat, so that would aid in Netero's win.
    So I would give this to Netero with extreme high difficulty.
    And you would definitely be wrong.

You're one of the many people that overestimate netero and underestimate Meryem.

So what if Hyyakushiki no Kanon was twice as fast or strong?

It's a attack that caused virtually no damage to meryem.

All it means is that it would take Meryem that much longer to figure out his pattern and defeat him.

And you realize that comment about him not even being half as strong as he was in his prime was made BEFORE he went to the mountains to meditate, and regain some of his old strength, if not majority a of it.

And you say Meryem is too arrogant to fight at full strength, but why would he have?

Netero was much weaker then him, and posed no threat, he also wished to make him admit defeat(not kill him)so he could learn his name. There was no reason to go all out.

And you do realize that Meryem fodderized netero, while not even going all out right.

Meryem is clearly much stronger then netero whether prime or not. And if netero would have been a match for him in his prime you can be sure someone who takes as much pride in his strength as netero would have mentioned it.

Also pre-nuke meryem vs gon is debatable as to who would win.

Post-nuke meryem would stomp adult gon without a shadow of a doubt.

People don't realize that comment that pitou made about gon being on the same level as the king was made without pitou knowing about his huge power-up, so he was comparing gon to pre-nuke meryem. If gon was on par before the power-up, he would get crushed after meryem got it.

Quote Originally Posted by alferjani View Post

vs

In different circumstances I think each have the ability and the latent strength to defeat each other.
    • Netero (on his prime )would battle the Meryem there is the possibility that he could take down the Ant King but with great difficulty and sacrifice.
    • Netero (current age) facing a newborn Meryem (haven't eaten any Nen users and playing gungi with komugi), The odds will favor Netero since Meryem would be on his weakest state
    • Meryem is the Ant King and basically have the potential to be the strongest nen user and combatant as his age progresses. He would definitely owned Netero(prime or not) if he is given time to achieve his full potential as an ant king.

And actually Netero did NOT defeat Maha Zoldyck, as stated by Zeno, Netero was the only one who survive a battle with the old Zoldyck assassin, there was no mention that netero was superior to Maha or defeat Zeno either.
    Last edited by Pudgeeboy; 11-04-2013 at 03:10 AM.

A Web Comic Artist mybestkiller's Avatar

Anyone know if there is a new version of hunter x hunter? With better graphic and if its really if the manga is really finished.
    Manga I read actually

Chairman of the Hunters Association Pariston Hill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mybestkiller View Post
    Anyone know if there is a new version of hunter x hunter? With better graphic and if its really if the manga is really finished.
    There is Hunter x Hunter 2011

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast