Thread: Discussing romance kana x hatori vs tohru x kyo

A Page Flipper

Default kana x hatori vs tohru x kyo

I was thinking about the similarities in the romance of kana x hatori and tohru x kyo. i mean both of girls didnt know about the curse and when they found out they accepted it and fall in love and the guys put their part in it and could bring to love and make them fall in love with them but here is the question:

Why one relationship could happen and the other just dont?

what do you think that kana lack to make the relationship last forever? was she to weak? was hatori responsible?what does tohru had that she could triunf in love? the love between kyo x tohru was stronger ? the difference is in the characters of the persons involve? their personalities? was the time? the circunstances? the feelings between each other?

what do you think are the factors that make one love story succesfull and the other one doesnt?

diferenceS:

kana vs tohru?
    hatori vs kyo?
    curse vs tohru,kana,hatori,kyo
    relationship development kyoxtohru vs hatorixkana
    Last edited by matilda8; 10-04-2013 at 04:26 AM.

Well kanaxhatori and kyoxtohru are to different pairings with different personalities. Hatori wiped her memory to keep her from hurting and feeling pain, and to keep her from blaming herself for his injury. Hatori believed that was the best way to make her happy. I don't feel like answering the other questions, cuz, well, I'm lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by sasarahsept View Post
    Well kanaxhatori and kyoxtohru are to different pairings with different personalities. Hatori wiped her memory to keep her from hurting and feeling pain, and to keep her from blaming herself for his injury. Hatori believed that was the best way to make her happy. I don't feel like answering the other questions, cuz, well, I'm lazy.
    Part of the reason why Hatori erased her memory was because Akito told him to.

Starting the Path to Legendary Kurisuta1's Avatar

Well, I wrote a big long thing and accidentally lost it to the maw of the internet, so here is another version:

It's not the people involved in the relationships that made one successful and the other not - it's the outside factors, namely Akito and her motivations towards each woman, i.e. Kana and Tohru.

At the time Kana came into Hatori's life and developed a romantic tie, Akito was desperately against anything that could weaken the bond between her and her Zodiacs, so she simply got rid of Kana as soon as she could - half blinding Hatori and telling him to erase her memory.

However, when Tohru came into the Zodiacs' lives Akito let Tohru stick around, even though she could have easily demanded her memory be erased, as everyone expected would be what happened. Akito had a motivation for keeping Tohru around, she had a wager with her mother that even if someone from the outside got close to the Zodiac, it still wouldn't make a difference. The bond was so strong it wouldn't weaken and they would all come back to her side anyway.

So, Tohru was allowed to stay and get closer and closer to everyone, especially Kyo, without Akito interfering and spoiling the relationship as she had consistently done in the past, with Hatori and Kana, Haru and Rin, Hiro and Kisa, etc. Akito even finds out in Volume 11 that Kyo loves Tohru but rather than finish things right there, she manipulates Kyo and Tohru to the point that she believes, or hopes, that it still won't matter.

The problem is Akito let Tohru stick around long enough that shit ended up getting real and by the end Akito didn't even care about the wager she'd made with Ren anymore and accepted the curse breaking.

So, that's the key difference, as I see it.
    Last edited by Kurisuta1; 10-10-2013 at 01:19 AM.
    HEY LOVELY PEOPLE! Those of you that know me, I just wanted to say that I am planning to study abroad in South Korea this summer (2014) and if any of you could be willing to give some support to help me raise the remaining funds that would be lovely! Even just a small amount $5 or $10 would mean the world! You can go here and read more about the program and donate if you can! THANKS A TON

Please check out my art blog for more like the above, including great Doctor Who, FMA, Fruits Basket, Gilmore Girls fanart, fanvids and more! Also, original art and photography. Please like, reblog and follow!
    Quote Originally Posted by smileybird View Post
    Kurisuta you're like a Fruits Basket Wiki.
    greatest thing anyone has ever said to me

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisuta1 View Post
    Well, I wrote a big long thing and accidentally lost it to the maw of the internet, so here is another version:

It's not the people involved in the relationships that made one successful and the other not - it's the outside factors, namely Akito and her motivations towards each woman, i.e. Kana and Tohru.

At the time Kana came into Hatori's life and developed a romantic tie, Akito was desperately against anything that could weaken the bond between her and her Zodiacs, so she simply got rid of Kana as soon as she could - half blinding Hatori and telling him to erase her memory.

However, when Tohru came into the Zodiacs' lives Akito let Tohru stick around, even though she could have easily demanded her memory be erased, as everyone expected would be what happened. Akito had a motivation for keeping Tohru around, she had a wager with her mother that even if someone from the outside got close to the Zodiac, it still wouldn't make a difference. The bond was so strong it wouldn't weaken and they would all come back to her side anyway.

So, Tohru was allowed to stay and get closer and closer to everyone, especially Kyo, without Akito interfering and spoiling the relationship as she had consistently done in the past, with Hatori and Kana, Haru and Rin, Hiro and Kisa, etc. Akito even finds out in Volume 11 that Kyo loves Tohru but rather than finish things right there, she manipulates Kyo and Tohru to the point that she believes, or hopes, that it still won't matter.

The problem is Akito let Tohru stick around long enough that shit ended up getting real and by the end Akito didn't even care about the wager she'd made with Ren anymore and accepted the curse breaking.

So, that's the key difference, as I see it.
    That's a very good point