Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magellan's Strength

Default Magellan's Strength

Magellan is the vice warden of Impel Down. He was formerly the chief warden, but after his failure to stop the jail's one and only mass-breakout, he was replaced by Hannyabal and demoted to vice warden. He was the main antagonist during the Impel Down Arc.

He's usually not one to be included in top 10 strongest characters list, but in my opinion he's probably one of the strongest in one piece.

Pros
    -He looks like a scary devil
    -Intelligence
    (Magellan, despite being occupied by intense diarrhea for 10 hours per day and sleeping for another 8, is still capable of easily co-ordinating the defense squads of Impel Down in case of a potential break-in or break-out, as well as being fully aware of all the mechanics of the prison's traps.)
    -Super Human Strength
    (Even without his Devil Fruit powers Magellan is far stronger than normal humans, as he easily blocked a wax-covered Gomu Gomu no Stamp with one arm, as well as pillars of stone hurled at him by Inazuma with both of his forearms. He pinned down Ace with just one arm.)
    -Resilience
    (He is also incredibly resilient, as he took many of Monkey D. Luffy's Gear Second attacks straight on (an impressive feat as Luffy's Gear Second attacks are capable of breaking through the strongest defenses quite easily) and managed to stand back up to continue fighting with no lasting injuries, as well as receiving multiple shots of cannon fire without any resulting injuries.)
    -Devil Fruit( Doku Doku no Mi)
    (One of the nastiest powers in One Piece.Even if manage to beat him you'll probably still die of poisoning.)
    -Hydra(Obliterated Blackbeard's crew in one move, probably the fastest battle in whole One Peace)
    According to Oda it happened because they underestimated his power, but to me it still one of the most impressive feats.
    -Venom Demon: Hell's Judgment
    (Was used and dissolved the wax armor Luffy was wearing. Venom Demon: Hell's Judgment appears as a gigantic, skeletal-looking demonic beast, and Magellan has stated that the poison used is powerful enough to "destroy Impel Down itself". Not only is the poison more lethal and caustic than Hydra, but it also spreads out from any surface it touches, literally "infecting" everything, including stone. It is unknown whether there is any antidote for this poison, but seeing that it instantly kills the afflicted once the infection completely covers the victim, no such antidote may exist.)
    -Poison Immunity

Cons
    -Has diarrhea because he likes eating poisoned food(Which is not really a problem if he stops eating poison)
    -Standard devil fruit weakness

So what are your thoughts about this scary guy?
    How strong is he in your opinion?

The Nine Tails Mangafox NarutoSage's Avatar

I think he'd be a proper VA. For instance, I view him as stronger than Smoker. But not sure how right I am. Though he's really powerful as far as offense goes, he seemed to be a bit bothered by pre TS G2 Luffy's punches. He lacks Haki feats as well ... but that's the case for a lot of characters shown pre TS. One might argue that Crocodile (along with Jinbe and Ivankov) had to flee from him, but then again one might say it's because his DF is kind of a liquid.

Anyway, we can say for certain that Magellan > Jinbe, Ivankov and Crocodile. He even trashed pre Gura Gura no Mi BB who defeated Ace. So I put Magellan in the lower top tier section.
    Epic set by .Eins. - Render by яανєи

Posting Phantom

I think Magellan is probably above any VA. I think in order to beat Magellan you would need one of these:

-Long Range Attacks: Pre TS Admirals

-Hax Devil Fruit: Boa (Petrify) or Law (Cut to pieces with Room)

-Super Speed + Haki (Garp)

-------

I would place between Admiral and VA. Due to his abilities, he is a terrible matchup for many opponents. Even if you get close and cover your weapon/fist in Haki, the rest of your body can still be poisoned. I think he has a good chance of beating a Jozu/Vista/Burgess, etc types

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSage View Post
    I think he'd be a proper VA. For instance, I view him as stronger than Smoker.
    as strong, or stronger? lol
    I'd agree with both anyway, I think he didn't train his body quite enough because he haven't fought someone as reckless as Luffy ever, sorta too depend on his DF power IMO.

Level One Otaku Bohemian Rhapsody's Avatar

High Vice Admiral like Bastille and Onigumo. He is strong as hell but seems to lack Haki.

Probably a high tier VA imo. With haki mastery though I'd say he can be the top VA. Being the (past) warden it should be safe to assume he can take on prisoners who actually manage to escape, which includes level 6 prisoners (not talking about massive mass breakouts from the lower levels ofc). He's been shown to be able to fight up to level 5 prisoners low diff (Ivankov, Luffy). Like Blackmale said, he relies a bit too much on his DF.

Keeewlness Crusade Grand Master / Mayonnaise King Tooobs's Avatar

Around Admiral level ( maybe a little bit under)
    He is/was guarding people like Jinbe, Ace and co.
    Level 6 prisoner who give almost every VA a hard time or are stronger than them and even clash with Admirals.

He stomped everything and everyone in Impel down. Defeated Luffy, Blackbeard Crew, Ivankov etc.
    He only got beaten because Shiliew gave the BB Crew an antidote against Magellans poison and the BB crew already had the level 6 prisoners freed. The huge amount of strong people uniting against him was just too much.
    (It is an impressive feat, that he survived btw)
    I am pretty sure all of the admirals would have had a hard time too if they were in his position.

All the pros you listed show that he is a strong guy.

The "lack of Haki" is something i do not like as a statement about him. The thing is that Haki became popular right after Impel down. In the war a lot of characters showed it and suddenly it was nothing special anymore.
    Magellan being as strong as he is sure has Haki. It just did not fit plotwise to use it, which I find a little bit sad.

A lot of people speculated he could be one of the new Admirals Post-TS.
    But because of his diarrhea this would be impossible.

I also think someone like Sakazuki would not hire him as an admiral after the Impel Down events. (Degrading him and sure portraying him as a loser).

Quote Originally Posted by Tooobs View Post
    He stomped everything and everyone in Impel down. Defeated Luffy, Blackbeard Crew, Ivankov etc.
    Yes he won against the BBP, but that was because they were careless, thus it shouldn't be considered as a feat since they did not fight for real. But then yes, I believe he has a chance to beat BB 1 on 1 in a fight. And here i just realized.. BB can't absorb the poison? Or was he just in too much pain for that. Either way that sounds like Magellan can take him.
    A lot of people speculated he could be one of the new Admirals Post-TS.
    But because of his diarrhea this would be impossible.
    Why does diarrhea make that impossible? All he has to do is stop eating poison.
    Anyway he has already be shown to be the new Vice Warden of ID so yeah.
    --
    I agree with all your other points, including being near-Admiral level with haki. Good points.

I think weapon users Vice admirals could take him down(range type could it quickly). Also if Luffy knows how to use a spear or sword their is a 50% chance.

Also I notice about him, he doesn't dodge much, he always use his DF as a shield.

I also think that he has one of the most powerful devil fruit, but thats it. I don't see other amazing feat other than his DF. his poison is so gooey making Luffy's hit less damage and shock proof towards canons. It all about his DF.

Lastly, I don't think he's immune to poison that not created by his own body. Getting diarrhea by eating poisoned food, then he is not immune to it. Maybe high resistance, but not totally immune.
    Let's all complain together and change nothing! But guest what?! It's fun to read.

My One Piece Fave Characters:

My Fave Mangas:

Keeewlness Crusade Grand Master / Mayonnaise King Tooobs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unreidarkerz View Post
    Why does diarrhea make that impossible? All he has to do is stop eating poison.
    Pretty sure he wont stop. He is addicted or something like that =D

Admirals have a lot more duties than VA for example.
    One thing that comes instantly to my mind is, that an admiral has to show up if a World Noble calls for one (if being attacked).
    But with his toilet camping this would not be possible.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast