which one would you prefer?
here is a little recap for both nen and jutsu
- nen: a person can only have a few nen abilities (as far as i see, less than 5).
- jutsu: a person can have a lot of jutsu up their sleeve (some ninjas even try to live forever to learn them all)
+ overpowering - balance:
- nen: the stronger the abilities, the nastier the limitation or payback and/or much more comlicated trigger conditions
- jutsu: very few jutsu that have a certain conditions and paybacks the users have to endure.
- nen: everyone create nen base on their personality and interest so everyone's abilities is different than the other, the chances of two person use the same nen abilities to battle each-other is very low
- jutsu: every jutsu can be taught and learn depend on the difficulty (except for some)
+ strategic possibility - complexity:
- nen: all of the best nen abilities in hxh world have either conditions to activate, rules have to be obeyed, tributes have to be paid, and/or weaknesses for the victim to counter ("i caught the bomber")
- jutsu: it is just too easy to see a strong ninja go all "dragonball super saiyan 5 mode" on their enemies (madara, naruto, itachi and countless other....) with minimal drawback or cost. strategies using jutsu exist but not emphasized by kishi sensei.
+ how to learn:
- hxh: you either have to be a hunter (a sensei will come to train you as a 2nd part of the exam) or you have to learn by other means (which is very hard)
- jutsu: born in a ninja village and you will be taught ninja art (aka jutsu) there is a small chance you cannot learn ninjutsu however but this chance is slim.