Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: nen abilities (hxh) vs jutsu (naruto)

N3wb

Default nen abilities (hxh) vs jutsu (naruto)

which one would you prefer?
    here is a little recap for both nen and jutsu

+ Diversity:
    - nen: a person can only have a few nen abilities (as far as i see, less than 5).
    - jutsu: a person can have a lot of jutsu up their sleeve (some ninjas even try to live forever to learn them all)

+ overpowering - balance:
    - nen: the stronger the abilities, the nastier the limitation or payback and/or much more comlicated trigger conditions
    - jutsu: very few jutsu that have a certain conditions and paybacks the users have to endure.

+ uniqueness:
    - nen: everyone create nen base on their personality and interest so everyone's abilities is different than the other, the chances of two person use the same nen abilities to battle each-other is very low
    - jutsu: every jutsu can be taught and learn depend on the difficulty (except for some)

+ strategic possibility - complexity:
    - nen: all of the best nen abilities in hxh world have either conditions to activate, rules have to be obeyed, tributes have to be paid, and/or weaknesses for the victim to counter ("i caught the bomber")
    - jutsu: it is just too easy to see a strong ninja go all "dragonball super saiyan 5 mode" on their enemies (madara, naruto, itachi and countless other....) with minimal drawback or cost. strategies using jutsu exist but not emphasized by kishi sensei.

+ how to learn:
    - hxh: you either have to be a hunter (a sensei will come to train you as a 2nd part of the exam) or you have to learn by other means (which is very hard)
    - jutsu: born in a ninja village and you will be taught ninja art (aka jutsu) there is a small chance you cannot learn ninjutsu however but this chance is slim.
    Last edited by nobuhiro; 08-20-2013 at 02:56 AM.

This seems extremely biased and at times inaccurate.

N3wb

this is my first time in the forum, go easy on me.

I wasn't trying to be mean, it's just, well...first of all they all seem like an opponent commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by nobuhiro View Post
    + Diversity:
    - nen: a person can only have a few nen abilities (as far as i see, less than 5).
    - jutsu: a person can have a lot of jutsu up their sleeve (some ninjas even try to live forever to learn them all)
    A person can technically have as many abilities as he can think of, the thing is that in HxH follows Jet Le's philosophy of fear not the man who practiced 1000 kicks once but the man who practiced one kick 1000 times. You also can't just learn all jutsu if you have enough time, you can't apparently have a limited number of elemental types you can achieve, with very few ninjas knowing more than one, and you also can't learn kekkei genkais.

+ overpowering - balance:
    - nen: the stronger the abilities, the nastier the limitation or payback and/or much more comlicated trigger conditions
    - jutsu: very few jutsu that have a certain conditions and paybacks the users have to endure.
    Actually no, limitations, conditions, restrictions, etc. are just ways you can make your abilities stronger in a quick away but not the only way to get a strong ability, Uvogin, Neferpitou, Netero, etc, have good abilities that don't require any conditions, etc. In the same way that there are jutsus that acheive a certain level through training, while others have conditions but give a big power (which is a complain people have with Sasuke just being given power), kekkei genkais require it be in your blood or a transplant in which case you wear yourself quickly, the cursed seal needs the genetically doctored enzymes of Jugo and level two require the whole pseudo death thing, the mangekyo sharingan requires the death of someone close and the EMS requires the MS and a transplant of the MS eyes of your brother, and even then you have to be special to get susano'o, resurrecting needs DNA and a sacrifice, etc. etc. and let's not get started on the rinnengan).

+ uniqueness:
    - nen: everyone create nen base on their personality and interest so everyone's abilities is different than the other, the chances of two person use the same nen abilities to battle each-other is very low
    - jutsu: every jutsu can be taught and learn depend on the difficulty (except for some)
    Like I said, you can only have one or two elements (the the rare exception of 3) and even then you can't mix them unless you have it in your blood, etc. when you say except for some after saying "every" it comes out as only a handful of jutsus are the exception.

+ strategic possibility - complexity:
    - nen: all of the best nen abilities in hxh world have either conditions to activate, rules have to be obeyed, tributes have to be paid, and/or weaknesses for the victim to counter ("i caught the bomber")
    - jutsu: it is just too easy to see a strong ninja go all "dragonball super saiyan 5 mode" on their enemies (madara, naruto, itachi and countless other....) with minimal drawback or cost. strategies using jutsu exist but not emphasized by kishi sensei.
    Let's brake it down

Madara: like I said above, the MS, EMS, and the rinnengan, they all have many escalating conditions, to get the rinnengan he had to suffer great emotional lost, transplant the eyes of and only his brother who also had to get the MS, then get Senju DNA transplanted on him, then wait/train for a long time until he could activate it (it was said he only gained it shortly before dying) and he was a really old man when he croaked, that's why technically there are only two sets in the whole series (the other being the sage's)

Naruto: Let's see he has to stand completely still for some time to enter senju mode, and most of his other big powers are because he has a demon sealed inside him, out of which there are only nine, he can't make two normal rasengan at the same time without a clone when he's completely plain

Itachi: same as Madara, also susano'o pains every cell in his body.

+ how to learn:
    - hxh: you either have to be a hunter (a sensei will come to train you as a 2nd part of the exam) or you have to learn by other means (which is very hard)
    - jutsu: born in a ninja village and you will be taught ninja art (aka jutsu) there is a small chance you cannot learn ninjutsu however but this chance is slim.
    I don't see how this is relevant. Also you know, you can just learn by someone who already knows nen.

This is not a nen is clearly superior to chakra or anything like that, just like I said, it was rather inaccurate and biased, this at least balances it somewhat.

A Hidden Hikikomori

I prefer Nen by a mile. Jutsu just seems overcomplicated and never-ending.

actually.. nen is the most interesting part of hxh(for me)... detailed from everything.. the basics, the advanced, the limitations.. perfect!

Banned

fk naruto .. it ripped off hxh i cba commenting about a comparison

A Page Flipper

Nen is more interesting because of its uniqueness in every character, unlike justus that can be taught and learn except for kkg. Nen is more like df powers in one piece

first of all nen is REAL, togashi is writing nen from real life to a story, but he added the magical object stuff, and i mean for example neteor buddha, slots machine and pitous monsters, thos kind of this, isn't real, but nen is real we just cant see it but we can feel the heat.

plus naruto is nothing compared to hxh, hxh is much more intresting and its the same generation as DBZ and one piece, they started almost at the same time, they are legends but one piece is the only legend on going at this generation.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast