Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost a year and a half since the last progression in the storyline.

Question Almost a year and a half since the last progression in the storyline.

Its been more than 65 chapters since the last progress in the story. As i see it the last chapter that had a significant impact on the main story was chapter 170 which was on feb 2012. Other than that most of the later chapters were fillers, not saying all of them....

Some spoilers upto chapter 235 coming up... also alittle bit of Suzuka's ending...

... they did wrap up most of the supporting characters stories like: Akari getting married, kiyomi and takashi having a child, Nanami getting over haruto and started dating and Miu Studying abroad. However all of these were covered in 1 to 2 chapters each and the rest were all fillers. All thats left in the story is Eba and haruto getting married, where they're going to live in the future, whats haruto's career going to be and will he have his restaurants name on kazama's helmet. Although i think some will be left open (most likely the last one) seeing what seo did with suzukas ending not giving a clear answer to wether yamato was going to progress to professional track or not, even after 2 years or more of the ending.
    Last edited by ChqMate; 07-27-2013 at 06:59 PM.

A Page Flipper

Yeah I think the same. Long ago I rooted for HarutoxYuzuki but their story gotten so boring that I don't even care their relationship. Haruto should just go for Rin. If the chapter doesn't include Rin is just boring, at least for me.

Has a Few Faves

I'd say the story now is shitty as **** but I like it just to kill some time yeah

Level One Otaku

The supporting characters are actually more interesting than the main characters. To name a few that I liked: Asuka, Akari, Takashi, and Rin. Well, Asuka until she was ignored to oblivion and became a very minor character, like Nanami. But I still like her though.

Right now, the story is really debatable. You can say it's fillers but you can also say this is the story: the life of Haruto and Yuzuki. It starts from when Haruto met Yuzuki as a kid, then struggle to be together, then their daily lives going up to marriage and so forth. Another way of thinking about it is that when Haruto and Yuzuki moved together and got acceptance from Yuzuki's father, the story ended and we entered epilogue.

Anyways, I don't hate it and I enjoy reading it. It's a nice time killer. There are also nice funny moments as well as memorable moments like when Akari married and how Takashi and Haruto was really sad. It's not bad. But it's unnecessarily long.

Edit: I don't know if another year as occurred in between as I don't remember but Yuzuki celebrated Haruto's birthday in Chapter 171, so at Chapter 237 (I assume), Haruto will have another birthday.
    Last edited by Limilicious; 07-14-2013 at 09:30 PM.

well, yeah
    It's getting boring and boring
    just wondering though, hope the ending is great

Seo Kouji needs to pick up some pass in his manga in order to get some progress. The story is rigid at the point of guy-got-girl-and-now-what(?). There has to be a twist in the story, like Eba getting pregnand, or they get married, or whatever. Now the story is just like stale bread, not tasty at all.
    Last edited by Ilmarinen; 07-18-2013 at 04:56 PM.

Ikr, it really needs to end soon. Hurry up and finish the main stuff we readers want done and finish it. Dont want it to drag otherwise it'll be crap ==

Has a Few Faves

b-but the fillers taste good too now that the main course is over, it's like little desserts...

but seriously something needs to happen

Quote Originally Posted by Ilmarinen View Post
    Seo Kouji needs to pick up some pass in his manga in order to get some progress. The story is rigid at the point of guy-got-girl-and-now-what(?). There has to be a twist in the story, like Eba getting pregnand, or they get married, or whatever. Now the story is just like stale bread, not tasty at all.
    This story is about Eba, Haruto and their life you know....

So it´s normal that it will focus on their private life and the situations they meet, their worries and their choices. It´s not one of those stupid romances where they jump from a problem to another without anything between.

This Manga focus on their lives, not their problems.

And they marrying and pregnancy will most likely happen at the end of the Manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenyangtama View Post
    Ikr, it really needs to end soon. Hurry up and finish the main stuff we readers want done and finish it. Dont want it to drag otherwise it'll be crap ==
    "We readers"??

Do you really believe that any Mangaka care about people who reads illegal scans on a website? The only readers that matters for a magazine and the Mangaka who works for them is those who buy it and answer the questionnaires.

And as long as they are happy and don´t complain this will continue. Probably even more now that it also have an Anime.
    Last edited by Anyien; 07-21-2013 at 05:49 PM.

@Anyien : No need to pick a fight. Sure we all read scanlated works, maybe because most of us don't know how to read Japanese in the first place and we are forced to rely on these scanlation but if a lot of the readers here are feeling a certain way then it's nor really inconceivable that the ones in Japan have similar sentiments.

It's pretty much a fact that the manga hasn't really been progressing much for quite a while and it gives off the impression that they are "beating a dead horse" so I don't blame people for feeling frustrated with the progress.

set by Mink©

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast