Thread: Madara's Infinite Tsukuyomi?

Default Madara's Infinite Tsukuyomi?

Hey fellow Naruto readers.

I was thinking about something recently... it is said that Madara wanted to become the Ten-Tails Jinchuriki to cast the infinite Tsukuyomi on the moon ("Eye of the moon plan"). And he needs the Jyuubi's power for that.
    So, after being revived with the Edo Tensei, with grants him an unlimited amount of chakra, unlimited stamina and effectively immortality, why doesn't he use it now? Does he have to be alive to cast Mugen Tsukuyomi?
    I don't believe in that, since Madara can use and did use all other Sharingan/Mangekyo Sharingan techniques he knows after being revived.

What do you think about that?

If there is any mistake in my thoughts or knowledge of those jutsus, feel free to correct me.

Self-made screenshot from Halo 4 (message me for my gamertag)

The TYPE-MOON Fanboy is back TomPen94's Avatar

Maybe the Infinite Tsukuyomi is not just a Tsukuyomi that lasts forever, but an entirely new genjutsu that only the Juubi can cast.

That's the only sense I can take out of the thing right now.
    Le upcoming UBW anime (coming this October)

The Champions of Europe VS The Libertadores de América (Coming this December... hopefully)

here an easy example :

edo madara may got 100,000 chakra that regenerate instantly after each jutsu he cast. but casting IT, a worldwide scale genjutsu require maybe 100,000,000,000 chakra... that why he need tu be juubi jinchuuriki, in order to get a hand of super gigantic amount of chakra.

Nothing beat Obito's Logic

Obito vs Kakashi? meh..

An Honor To Awesome Manga That Just Ended Recently

The MMO Game I'm Playin Right Now

If everyone who was revived by the Edo Tensei would have an unlimited amount of chakra, there wouldn't be any difference between the revived Shinobi except for certain Jutsus and any Edo Tensei Fodder could cast the Tsukuyomi, if he had a Rinnegan(which seems to be really easy to get).

God of the New World MaximLight's Avatar

At some point Madara mentions to Obito the need to revive him in order for him to become the Juubi's jinchuriki. So I'm guessing you need to be alive to become a jinchuriki.

Obito mentioned that casting mugen tsukuyomi needs time so it will only be done if somehow the war ends and no one will be there to stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse Gear View Post
    here an easy example :

edo madara may got 100,000 chakra that regenerate instantly after each jutsu he cast. but casting IT, a worldwide scale genjutsu require maybe 100,000,000,000 chakra... that why he need tu be juubi jinchuuriki, in order to get a hand of super gigantic amount of chakra.

I think, this makes the most sense, to me... this would also explain why the Hokages could cast only a few bunshins while having that huge barrier activated. You could say that the barrier needs a constant support of 99.950 Chakra, and while Chakra is used, it can't regenerate. So there's only 50 Chakra left for the bunshins. And Mugen Tsukuyomi can't be casted because it needs a bigger number of Chakra, like you explained. Thank you
    Last edited by Seraphim Crypto; 07-12-2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Dat typo

Self-made screenshot from Halo 4 (message me for my gamertag)