Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rimyuel Elsies sister?

Has a Few Faves

Default Rimyuel Elsies sister?

In the beginning of the series, a sister of Elsie was mentioned on a few occasions. I think the last time she was mentioned was around the time they met haqua, so who was she?

She has a Scythe of Testament. Haqua was the first non-horned demon to be bestowed one, therefore Rimyuel is horned. Now we know Elsie isn't horned, so I doubt her sister is...

A Beautiful Cafe Maid

Many people think that Akari could be Elsee's sister (I think it's a good possibility, too.)

But (I just looked) and when she had her hat off and her hair out in Flag 111 and again in Flag 187, Akari did not have a horn. Even Fiore's horn showed clearly when she was infiltrating Maijima High in a regular uniform. (Flag 113, 114 and 115.)

I'm not sure how to reconcile this with Dokorou Skull's statements to Haqua in Flag 161 about her becoming first place despite not being of a horned family. Perhaps Akari had her horn surgically removed in order to pass as a human? Except nobody even seemed to notice Fiore's horn....

My other top candidate for Elsee's sister is Lune. It looks as if she has vestigial horns, but all the other horned demons appear to have only a single large horn, not two small ones. So perhaps they are prosthetic. Or perhaps they are just hair decorations, attached to a hairband under her long bangs (like the A10 nerve clips in Neon Genesis Evangelion, look them up.)

Lune is very competent, even if she is crazy. Maybe Elsee's family kept it from her, when she was little.

The final possibility is that Elsee was adopted. She wondered why she was so different from her sister. Keima saw it right away and (in Flag 2) compassionately chose not to say anything about it. Instead he refocused Elsee on the possibility of working hard and becoming successful and gaining recognition from her sister.

We haven't seen many horned devils... Nora and her goons, Fiore, Lune, that nameless Vintage member (whose name is Gira... who gets her ass kicked by Haqua when she tried to capture Ayumi and Chihiro) and that may be all. That last one has similar horns as Lune, so i don't think it's an accessory or a hair decoration.
    Concerning Rimyuel, she usually hides her hair and we have little knowledge about the horns. The first time Nora appears, her horn doesn't show. It's also possible they're hidden, just like Nikaido is usually hiding her robe. Since she has a scythe, I can only assume she is horned.

Perhaps Elsea is adopted, who knows... I also thought of that possibility but that would leave us with even more questions. Given how very little info we have, nothing concrete can be decided yet I think. Hey, maybe it's Dokurou since they're both Keima's "sisters"!

A Beautiful Cafe Maid

It's not 'Nora's goons'...! They have proper names! Camry and Cressida! (Even though it was spelled phonetically, as 'Cresta'.) Which makes them both 'Toyotas' and therefore eligible for Keima! (just kidding.)

I went back to Flag 175, and you were right about Gira having the two tiny horns... I overlooked that detail. I was too focused on her eye... eyes. It also reminds me that the goddess detectors were shown to have two horns, so that may be more common a trait than we realize. Okay, I withdraw my idea about them being hair decs. Elsee hasn't been shown to have horns, but if they're at small as Gira's they may just be concealed under her hair. And the same could be the case with Akari. Elsee may not make much mention of her family because they are ashamed of her.

Okay, new theory: why do some have two small horns and some have one large horn? (And don't say inbreeding.) It may be risky to draw inferences between different species, especially when one is a fictional capriform humanoid... but don't some goats and rams shed their horns periodically, or grow new ones if they are broken off, or shed the immature ones and grow permanent ones after they reach maturity? It could be that those shown to have the one large horn as just a little bit more physically mature than the others. (I don't know anything about farm animals, so please don't be mad at me! I'm just asking.)

Anyhow, one thing I noticed, which got me curious... In Flag 174, the top panel on page 13, where Lune just finished eating her takoyaki... is the f/x a belch?

I know about her names (when I've just read them) but when I say "Nora's goons", everyone knows who I'm talking about. So I went with that.

About the horns, I figured it was depending on your family. "Good" families may have horns like Nora's and Fiore's, while mid-ranked ones may have the 2 thorns. Low-ranked families don't have any. Perhaps there are even better families, or single big horn and twin thorns are reversed (with twin thorns being of higher rank). At the very least, that is how I envisionned it.
    Horns broken off, huh? I had thought of that possibility for Rimyuel actually, since her Scythe has one spike missing.

Speaking of horns... shouldn't Dokurou have one, too ? Or is she hornless ? I mean, if she is Skull's other self, she should ressemble her so I wondered...

PS : I don't think it's a belch xD Most probably Lune's just yawning or sighing. It's written "afu" by the way.

what about kaori (that 1st ranked girl in the school) ? well i know this might be outrageous but could it be she's Elsie's sister? well i know too that she have seen kaori so she should recognize her if she's her elder sister but... dunno just feeling

One of The Followers

I don't think Elsie's sster has made an entrance yet, in fact I think that the author planned to get her in, but then ideas of godness burried that one, which would make it unpredictable when she will show her face for the first time... Then again, that is jusst my opinion.

Um, Ninjaed, I'm not totally with you about Haqua being the first non-horned devil to receive the Scythe of Testament. Have a look back at this link. Dokurou only said she's the first one not from the good families who receives it. As a matter of fact, before that line, Dokurou mentioned 3 SEPARATE examples that define good family: horns, moneys & connections.

From what I'm seeing, Rimyuel doesn't have horns, which makes her indeed closer to Elsie. Anyhow, turning back to the question, there's other grounds that hold for her being Elsie's sister. (1) She seems to systematically make herself unknown to Elsie. (2) She has the Scythe of Testament (do note that devils from good families receiving it doesn't necessarily make them all useless - but I do wonder why Nora hasn't possessed one up to now, given that she's also from a good family and is indeed talented - perhaps Dokurou is jealous of her busty appearance?).

I tend to think that one broken spike of Rimyuel's Scythe Of Testament is used to create Elsie's broom. Do note that she's recognized officially in New Hell (commanding RSS during the closure of the goddess arc), therefore her being exiled/degraded perhaps is out of the question. But that makes me wonder, why she agrees to keep her scythe broken like that?

One theory I can think of is that Scythe of Testament actually belongs to Elsie's sister, who perhaps sacrificed herself for her friend Rimyeuel (as for the reason why they did so, perhaps she chose the wrong strategy and confront Vintage/Satyr directly).
    "An imperfect reality, a perfect game." - Keima Katsuragi

A Beautiful Cafe Maid

I have the impression that the Scythe is a specific award, for the valedictorian (top student of the graduating class) which is what Haqua was. Up until her success, it was given on the basis of good academic performance PLUS family connections.

(I gather that Dokorou Skull was frustrated with the inherent unfairness of that, and that is what she was referring to, as she was talking to Haqua.) If one had almost the same grades as an excellent student from a poor family, the one with the horn, money and connections won out.

But Haqua's scores were so excellent, the nepotism would have been obvious to all if she were not given the Scythe. Nobody could claim that they deserved it more than Haqua.

So: while Akari/Rimuel may not be horned, she is apparently of a high family (as Nikaidou-sensei alluded to, comparing her to the princess in Roman Holiday) and was valedictorian of her class (or almost) and was given a Scythe. Akari/Rimuel is obviously highly intellectual, as we can see from the nature of her philosophical discussions with Keima.

Abd Elsee can still be Akari's sister, whether natural or adopted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast