Thread: Ran's birthday + major role?

Smile Ran's birthday + major role?

800+ chapters and i think it's about time for Ran to play a major role. Well, I'm a RAN fan and i wish she will have a major role in the story (not just shinichi's love interest). She's strong, brave and a character you can really rely on.

It makes me sad to read comments about how useless she is. I can see the point at that one and so i quote this one from another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by azn_juliet View Post
    ........ the only reason she appears so useless is because she so kept out of the circle for her own "safety" i just say it's a bad placing of the characters. I'm hoping she'll earn some recognition from other Conan fans thought it's sad to see her this way, she's plenty cool compared to you average side female lead. ....
    So I'm looking forward to Ran's birthday since Aoyama sensei said he prepared something that will happen on that day. I really hope this episode/arc will somehow make her character develop.

[cite: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/f...6#entry245256]

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN ON HER BIRTHDAY?

//no bashing please. purely comments and imaginations//

it will be interesting is she shrunk as well. )))
    Last edited by zai-kun; 06-24-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Banned

Well... Aoyama probably noticed how characters exactly like Ran are suddenly popping up in almost every ecchi series with black hair and tight ass now and gave up

But knowing how good he is at giving characters actual personality im sure Ran will have more "importance" again... Honestly though I dont care much I just want to see Heiji and Kazuha cases instead
    Well then again it all comes down to how interesting the cases are at the time so I cant really say...

The birthday is most likely related to 5563 Ko Go Ro San

Like how Shinichi explained to Ran about the car plates and how they can translate to different names

4869 - Gins Porche, Conans pin, APTX, Shi Ra Yo Ku, "Sherlock Holmes"

Rans birthday shouldnt be preplanned thing since after all it´s a birthday so who knows why it´s so important?

Well it also depends on what you call useless because at the moment she acts pretty normal, I guess most people want drama or something (I don´t)
    Last edited by TheOnlyDebater; 06-24-2013 at 11:02 AM.

Since he always wins he's always right

Well the interview was from a year ago and I honestly believe whatever development ran will have it will be a ShinRan thing since he said a kiss is to be expected xD.. And yes the last time ran had anything relevant to the case was during the London arc and I really wanna see her do something again.

Quote Originally Posted by zai-kun View Post
    800+ chapters and i think it's about time for Ran to play a major role. Well, I'm a RAN fan and i wish she will have a major role in the story (not just shinichi's love interest). She's strong, brave and a character you can really rely on.

It makes me sad to read comments about how useless she is. I can see the point at that one and so i quote this one from another thread:

So I'm looking forward to Ran's birthday since Aoyama sensei said he prepared something that will happen on that day. I really hope this episode/arc will somehow make her character develop.

[cite: http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/f...6#entry245256]

WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN ON HER BIRTHDAY?

//no bashing please. purely comments and imaginations//

it will be interesting is she shrunk as well. )))
    I totally agree !! I think Ran can be very cool if she is given the opportunity to shine ! She is so different from the typical weak heroine and people who say she is a weakling probably didn't read the whole manga because Ran is only portrayed as a weakling in movies and ovas but in the series , she can be brave and a BADASS ( rescuing Haibara from vermouth,beating bad guys when conan is in their hold or when they are fleeing, for exemple in the valentine case when she beat the two armed guys with makoto , or in the purse snatcher case when she beat the bad guy , or when she fought Sera in the bus when she first met her because she thought she was a 'he' and a pervert, or in the handkerchief case with sonoko when she tried to beat a whole gang of bad guys, oh or when she rescued Sonok from the moving car while smashing the window with a very spectacular move... She can be so cool!) ehem I don't mean beating bad guys is the onlly thing that makes her good because other than being strong , she is brave and I think Conan should trust her more than this and tell her the truth already! I am very annoyed by the fact that he can't tell her the truth 'to keep her safe' when even Eisuke knows !! Anyway Ran should know about the Black Org already and she shouldn't be kept in the shadows because it's too unfair to her when I think she can be of great help to Conan! And I don't really see a reason for hating her !
    Last edited by kyoko_Rangel; 06-28-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Oh and I hope that Ran will know about the black org in her birthday( it's unlikely though...) ! I hope it's gonna be a great case..

I stopped reading/watching detective conan 2 years ago, but even till then there were at least 3 valentine's days in the storyl which would mean ran must have had at least 2 birthdays :|... I personally think that the chronology of this manga sucks. the winter vacations and christmasses and what not are just thrown randomly into the plot but time never passes.... it hasn't even been a year in detective conan universe since shinichi has disappeared....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilied1 View Post
    I stopped reading/watching detective conan 2 years ago, but even till then there were at least 3 valentine's days in the storyl which would mean ran must have had at least 2 birthdays :|... I personally think that the chronology of this manga sucks. the winter vacations and christmasses and what not are just thrown randomly into the plot but time never passes.... it hasn't even been a year in detective conan universe since shinichi has disappeared....
    Actually the seasons go by what season we have in the real world.
    It's not that hard to understand.

A Page Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by lilied1 View Post
    1 of those was white day and the other was filler. only makoto 1 was canon, it bothered me too so i checked back over it. but ur right about passage of time, seasons change and there were 3 soccer world cups but still less than a year.

I think Ran is seen as weak because shes basically the same general stereotype character as Sakura(naruto) that appears in all shounen manga, next to the hero like they matter but never doing anything, except she actually has depth. Even if shes useful anyone whos read or watched other shounen will automatically dump her into the useless heroine category

Since that interview I wonder what will happen. Lately all the cases we've got (exept for the train arc) were pretty much only filler so I hope we do get onto the right path again and get some plot related things that, hopefully, also involve Ran. I don't know why Gosho decided to make her a strong character (emotionally and physically), when she's pretty much only standing next to Conan and Kogoro. Even the DB gets more action than she does.

Wow when you put it like that then it feels like there really might be something odd happening on her birthday...O.0 But I'm guessing that it will have something to do with a murder for sure and Shinichi will have to solve it....and all that voice changing bowtie stuff....but I think that Shinichi might appear in his true form. And Ran will find out...wow i could imagine the drama all over again. of course he might change back and also i think that it will involve the black organization...so let's look at my basic idea....
    1. there will be a murder in some kind of hotel/luxury place of some sort....
    2. conan will have solve...yada yada yada...
    3. he changes into shinichi because he consumed something with the baigar alcohol again...-_- probably a birthday cake or something.
    4. before he changes back....he hears a phone call with someone and a black organization member at the villa....something about money......trade or something along those lines....
    5. that dude on the phone got on their bad side so they went to get the money themselves and just well black organization style - killing the guy.
    6. conan doesn't know when he changes back but it will be an inconvenience...Ran still plays the factor of making shinichi spend the day with her on her birthday after he solves the case.......(technically sonoko dragging him to her...i dunno)
    7. but by being forced outside somehow...the black organization recognize him!!!!! dramatic effect.....DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!
    8. no said shinichi's name but they still notice that it's him. so heiji is also there by coincidence...( that happens usually ) and conan uses him to distract Ran...obviously still in danger...
    9. Shinichi still tries to catch them...and they don't realize how they could still be alive...they make him tell but their in public so killing him there on the post would make everything at a disavantage for them. So they kidnapped Ran in order to make him reveal everything.
    10. somehow they got away because the blakc organization was surrounded by security and everyone else.... having them call the police obviously....(easy card to pull but okay...)
    11. the black organization had actually placed a bug on conan in his shinichi form.....conan was aware of that and asked harley(what harley??? oh sorry....at the park i was the reading an english version where the names were changed...) to help him act out a scenario and those people would overhear.....so shinichi(heiji) was talking to ran(conan) "shinichi" was saying that he tricked her and he was sorry because he wasn't shinichi but actually heiji in disguise to make ran happy. obviously the real ran didn't hear that.....so in ran's voice conan reacted.....
    12. about a few minutes later heiji says that there's this weird bug on "ran's shoulder so he tries to push it off and that was the chance to destroy the bug that the black organization planted......
    11. well now to the real Ran. conan still didn't change back and ran was looking for him. when she got a hold of him... shinichi wasn't feeling too good. he was about to change back....Ran thought that she should go and get someone to help him... but instead shinichi stopped her and he gave her a confession and a kiss on her birthday.....she froze in shock and he ran for it....he then changed back........
    13. ran was still in a state where someone she liked kissed her and ran away....(i know this is just my own thinking but...talk about horrible) it was that kind of confused lovestruck sad moment....so conan took out the shinichi trick and called her back.....he says that he's fine but that he was late for a plain ....so he had to go but htat he'll see her again and that if she gets tired of it she would still have to wait for him......

well there you have it my horrible way of putting something together like this......i dunno if it's even good and some parts might resemble other scenes in previous ones....i was just thinking of them as i was writing my ideas.....
    ~DeathAngelxdk
    XXXX Later!!

the classic confession...