View Poll Results: Will Ichigo's dual sword transform to a bow or 1 big sword in the future?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bow

15 11.45%
  • Great sword

65 49.62%
  • nothing, dual swords

51 38.93%
Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Zangetsu/Ichigo's Powers Discussion Thread

shinagami mage

Thumbs up ichigo bankai

if zangetsu wasnt realy zangetsu and hollow ichigo was really zangetsu isnt it possible that his bankai and shikai was half baked (not at full compasity). if this is the case isnt it possible that his bankai would get a huge boost for instants his bankai only increases his speed if they make the real zangetsu the main inner charecter couldnt he learn how to use his real bankai that would also increase his strength and give getsuga tenshou a huge boost.

also if he has the fake zangetsu that can give him quincie powers does that mean he can also increase his defence and also give himself another boost to his getsuga tenshou. one last thing do you think there gonna make a technique wich uses all aspects of his powers. like he shoots an arrow which is construced from a getsuga tenshou and having a cero wrapped round it.

please tell me what you think becuase this is ****ing annoying me so much. i know theres a lot to talk about but its all connected together.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixHeart View Post
    a zanpaktou is a part of a shinigami's soul and that hollow is a part of ichigo's soul, thus a hollow can be a zanpaktou
    Nope, a hollow is a hollow. Nimaiya explained that "White" merged wif his Zanpakuto soul and with that, that's y it look like a hollow.

Level One Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by mr.completly right View Post
    in what chapter is his rietsu yellow.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v19/c162/7.html through to http://mangafox.me/manga/bleach/v19/c162/12.html

N3wb

I have a feeling Kubo is now making things as he goes on, I mean seriously, during the story wen all the zanpaktous went against the shinigami, m sure some of the Shinigamis have seen Zangetsu in his real form, so m wondering those shinigamis older than 1000 didnt they recognize him as Bach?

There is going to be a huge issue with his new zanpakuto. Before Quincies couldn't steal his bankai, because he was using a kind of quincie power. However now that he is going to use a true shinigami power, they might be able to steal his bankai ...

Quote Originally Posted by SSJGoku View Post
    I was going to make a thread, but this one is close enough, so I'll just post everything I was going to write here instead. Hope you don't mind =P

With the recent reveal that Old Man Zangetsu was actually the 1000 year old Juha Bach, there's been more than a little confusion with regards to Ichigo's zanpkato and bankai. I myself am slightly confused on the matter, so I hope we can use this thread as a common place to try and sort through all the correct and incorrect details we've been dealt so far.

Old Man Zangetsu was introduced waaaaaay back, and until now, was always shown helping Ichigo. Without him, Ichigo would have lose to Zaraki, as he was the one to stop his bleeding. We see him shortly after while he's training for bankai using Urahara's invention, and nothing seems out of place. Afterwards, we didn't see much of him, until we saw him much later on in Bankai form, where he changed to be much younger.

So here's where something odd happens With the reveal that He wasn't Ichigo's Shinigami power, but instead quincy power, one would logically assume that this is the reason his bankai "shrinks" and "compresses" itself, unlike other bankais. This has been pointed out by other fans before, and it does make sense, as this is how quincies fight. So it seems that although Ichigo never used his Quincy powers until now, on a subconscious level, his quincy powers have always been affecting his powers.

During the precipice world, the now young "zangetsu" fused with Ichigo's hollow to become one being. Since Ichigo's Hollow is actually his Zanpakto, should we assume that his bankai used against Aizen's penultimate and ultimate forms were, in fact, his true bankai's form? After all, it was the first time that Ichigo's zanpakto had partial control since he had fused with the old (now young) man who until that point had always been in control. Or should we assume that this form was Ichigo's "quincy bankai" to the furthest extent of its power by having absorbed the power granted from Ichigo's zanpakto, his hollow?

If the latter, it would make sense as to a certain extent, although it does bring up the question of how drastically Ichigo's shikai and bankai will now change.

On a related note, Ichigo's bankai was unstealable by the quincies. If this is because the old zangetsu was in control, then it relates to the fact that Kirge was unable to seal other quincies. Thus, if Ichigo's zanptako obtains control, couldn't it be possible that his bankai is now at risk of being stolen like the other shinigamis?

As for what I personally think happened, the old zangetsu took control of Ichigo's shinigami powers. As Ichigo's quincy powers were dormant after his Shinigami powers awakened, he took possession of the power, and modeled it after the quincy fighting style (gather reshi onto the user). This explains why his Bankai would shrink so much from his shikai. Since the quincy half was technically in control, this explains why it was materialized during the Bankai training, and also why Kirge and the other quincy army members were unable to steal his bankai. They cannot steal or seal other quincies.

The only question this leaves is why Tensa Zangetsu told ichigo "What you want to protect is not what I want to protect" and "What I want to protect, Ichigo, is you." However, if we think about it differently, the old man zangetsu (in reality Juha) may have been saying he didn't want to help the shinigamis. For the second statement, it could relate to what Hollow Ichigo told Ichigo, that is that if he ****ed up again (and died), he'd take over, just like he did against Ulquiorra. To a further extent, since they both relied on ichigo's life to live, even the old man wanted to help and protect ichigo to continue surviving.

So yes, Ichigo WILL be stronger now, at least in the shinigami power department. Still, that old man will probably continue running freely now that his quincy powers have, even partially, reawakened.

EDIT: It also makes the statement that Hollow ichigo said at one point. "I AM ZANGETSU," it could have been that he was trying to tell him that the other guy was a fake. That aside, Old Man Juha still looks badass >.> I'd rather have Juha look like that than his current look XD
    That is one hell of an explanation, I would also like to add in some other point.

They (hollow Ichigo and Old-man "Zangetsu") did say that they were one in being so what i think is that, up till now the quincy "body" is the dominant 1 (That old man that looked like Juha Bach), due to the reishi string that suppress the inner hollow within of Ichigo, and of course him being "old-man Zangetsu" in as the dominant inner soul.

Secondly. They are one in being because of Ichigo was born a human/shinigami/hollow/quincy. That was the other reason for them to merge together

Quote Originally Posted by BeeH View Post
    I have a feeling Kubo is now making things as he goes on, I mean seriously, during the story wen all the zanpaktous went against the shinigami, m sure some of the Shinigamis have seen Zangetsu in his real form, so m wondering those shinigamis older than 1000 didnt they recognize him as Bach?
    Well, on Bakuman is said that that is how most Shounen Mangas are written so...

Anyway, it has some plot holes that may or may not be addressed but it was a nice twist.

LOL. His reiatsu was blue all the while. and also black when he uses bankai..

that yellow thing, is jus dust on the ground

Wow, ugh, hmm. Ichigo seems to have pretty much every single superpower available in him: quincy, shinigami, and hollow. 0.0
    All time fav: Saiyuki series (<3 Nataku, my avatar), FMA, Bleach, One Piece, Death Notes, Noblesse, Tower of God, Beelzebub, Senki Senki Momotama, Girls of the Wild's, and Gakuen Babysitter.
    Slightly more adult/romance : Shinkuu Yuusetsu, Honto Yajuu, and Tenkiyohou no Koibito.

what I've understood is that Ichigo's hollow was made of a shinigami's soul which ended being a similar thing to the asauchi but then Ichigo was born a being with Shinigami powers, Quincy powers and Hollow powers, when he absorved Rukia's reiatsu his Shinigami's powers got a boost so that he became a Shinigami, his Hollow's powers and Quincy power's combined together and made Zangetsu a thing that was not an asauchi but "was like a zanpakutou" thus being able to have powers "like a shikai and like a bankai" and took a form similar to Bach 1000 ago since his blood was passed to Ichigo, since Shinigami and Quincy a oposites Ichigo's Quincy powers had gone asleep since his Shinigami's powers were in high, but when Ichigo was in the jail and his body felt the Quincy reiatsu, his Quincy's power began to awaken.

Page 6 of 112 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast