Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 3 'The Goddess Arc'?

Honestly, I don't give a fvck anymore... mangakid95's Avatar

Default Season 3 'The Goddess Arc'?

Is Season 3 really going straight to the goddess arc?
    I mean he still has quite a few conquests before the actual goddess arc starts.

Tsukiyo, Minami, Rieko, Sumire, Nanaka, Yui, Hinoki, Akari. <== These are the remaining conquest targets for the anime.

Also, two of them are are goddess hosts, so how can the goddess arc start before their respective arcs?
    The only way I can see this happening is, if the anime is a two cour(24-26 eps) then everything can work out:

-The remaining girls can be conquered.
    -The goddess hosts can be confirmed.
    -leave a cliffhanger for the future arc.

If this is a one cour(12 eps), then all I can see is:

-Him doing about 4-5 conquests, just like seasons 1 & 2.

So what do you all think?
    .....Your thoughts.....

Has a Few Faves

That's why I don't think they will start at the goddess arc. There's no way they can skip some of his captures since a few are very important to the goddess arc. Unless they want to royally mess things up. In my opinion I also think it'll be two cours. The first cour will be about him capturing the remaining girls, and the second cour will deal with the goddesses.

I bet people are misinterpreting what it says about season 3. If I remember correctly something said they'll delve into it and finish the whole arc, (which they probably could do in 12 episodes) not start with it.

N3wb

I'm under the impression that they are skipping. I mean they can skip and still make the story work as long as they introduce Tsyukio, and Yui.

Open with Tsyukio, 2 episodes

Go with a "filler" combining "Magic Flute, and Intrusion in Pajamas". This gets Nora involved and can tell the story of the goddess.

Then Yui 2 episodes, Including the mysterious person catching the level 4 at the end.(and maybe investigating Mio)

Then into the midterm tests! and the goddess hunt.

Its not what I or any other manga fan wants, but from that point it it could run parallel with the manga.unless they go a running anime like the big 3 I don't see the other conquests happening. Good news is it airs in the AM so it might not be to heavily censored.

i don't think the goddess arch will start at season 3 too. maybe cliffhanger at the end. i want season 4!!
    I love Kuroko Tetsuya

Quote Originally Posted by Roguehavikk View Post
    I'm under the impression that they are skipping. I mean they can skip and still make the story work as long as they introduce Tsyukio, and Yui.

Open with Tsyukio, 2 episodes

Go with a "filler" combining "Magic Flute, and Intrusion in Pajamas". This gets Nora involved and can tell the story of the goddess.

Then Yui 2 episodes, Including the mysterious person catching the level 4 at the end.(and maybe investigating Mio)

Then into the midterm tests! and the goddess hunt.

Its not what I or any other manga fan wants, but from that point it it could run parallel with the manga.unless they go a running anime like the big 3 I don't see the other conquests happening. Good news is it airs in the AM so it might not be to heavily censored.
    Same here. The last 2 ss, if I remember correctly, didn't do well in term of selling DVDs, so I can see anime producers trying to get fans with this climax arc. It's just like you said or maybe 1ep for "summary", probably.

Honestly, I don't give a fvck anymore... mangakid95's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Hama View Post
    i don't think the goddess arch will start at season 3 too. maybe cliffhanger at the end. i want season 4!!
    I hope they don't skip all the remaining conquests, because I really wanna see Yui's & Akari's arcs animated.

Well if they wanna attempt doing the goddess arc, then they will have to do a two cour.
    Otherwise it's impossible to fit all that content into 12 eps.

Season 4 ftw!!...

mm, my guess is they'd do an introduction, saying how after keima conquered nagase, they also conquered the rest of the conquest girls, including Tsukiyo, and Yui. That way, they'd be able to jump right into the goddess arc.

N3wb

Season 3 has already been named the goddess arc and based on the cast list that has been released for it they are going to skip over every conquest except Tsukiyo and Yui. Oh, and Lune has a seiyuu too and she didn`t really appear before the goddess arc (if I remember correctly).

Personally I would really like to see all the conquests. I really hate it when the anime makers screw around with the manga, but I guess there`s too much "un-interesting" material in this manga. Just hope they are not gonna make too many changes to the anime to make it suck.

Well anyways just check AnimeNewsNetwork. There`s a lot more information about Season 3 there

Has a Few Faves

I'm well aware that season 3 is called the goddess arc. However I don't really see how that means that it'll be only the goddess arc. They can do some more of the captures before the goddess arc. As long as they have the goddess arc the season can still be called The Goddess Arc. You don't need to cut out a bunch of stuff to make the title work.

A Beautiful Cafe Maid

I'm trying to look at this from the point of view of the writer, the publishing company and editor and the anime producers, so please don't get upset at me -- this is not what I would like, but it's what I think they would do.

Wakaki Tamiki may be under pressure from his editor/publisher to wrap up TWGOK. I doubt he'd want to do that; I'm sure he's having too much fun.

I'm guessing that a commitment to the third anime season was made at the peak of the manga's popularity during the goddess arc. Then sales dropped off as many people (wrongly) thought the series would end with the goddess arc. People didn't get the time travel arc at first and found it confusing or boring. Sales probably dropped off. (Remember, it may not make much of a difference to us as readers, but it is their livelihood.)

So I think Wakaki Tamiki left his options open by saying that the next season would be the goddess arc, but I think the third season will only BEGIN the goddess arc, while the time-travel arc (in the manga) will become so exciting that sales will take off like a rocket and there will be so much popularity that the anime producers will see how profitable it will be to have a fourth season.

So the fourth season will be the true end of the goddess arc (in the anime) and maybe they will wrap TWGOK up with that, unless a stellar spin-off can be done, or unless Keima somehow decides that he doesn't really want to be freed of his contract. But I don't see that happening. There might be a (very comical) clean up arc after the time travel arc is done, but I think it will be a short one.

Bottom line: as long as TWGOK is popular (= 'profitable') it will continue. If it loses popularity, it will be brought to an end.

Sad but true. That's the way it is in the Real (publishing) world.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast