Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You'r thoughts about "Hwan Gol Tal Tae"

Default You'r thoughts about "Hwan Gol Tal Tae"

First of, this is my first thread, please be gentle to me
    Second I am not from a native English speaking country so, please keep that in mind when you see all my spelling mistakes.

There will be spoilers about the last 20-30 chapters, so if you have not read them, and you don't want to risk any spoiling, please don't read any further.

Now about the thread, I just (30 seconds ago) finished rereading the series for the fifth time (or is it more??), I have been reading the forum but I just couldn't see a thread that was specific about what changes Shioon was going though...

First off I like to start with the end of the "school arc", we hear that he(Shioon) risked losing his martial arts due to him shattering his ki-center again...
    I understand that, that he risked shattering it, due to it being fragile, what I don't understand is what elder Kwon and the doctor is talking about... if you remember the chapters, then it was something about his abnormal high power... (honestly I think I am missing something) from what I get out of reading it is, that his ki-center has healed, enough at that point, and they only had problems due to trying to get it to its past glory (top of the murim society).

Second, after being hit by the gale wind strike, Shioon is almost dead, and he gets healed / gets power transfers to him by the elder, what do you think this means to Shioon, and his ki-center?

I know there is no definitive answer, but I like to hear what you think about this...

Third, we hear in the last 10 or so chapters, that Shioon is getting awesome, and this is due to "Hwan Gol Tal Tae", or his body reconstructing itself... what I like to hear from you guys, is what you think this signify for his ki-center, why he suddenly got superhumen vision / hearing..

I am thorn about what to think, I like most people think it is amazing to finally get a kick ass Shioon back, but I don't know what to make of it. Is his ki-center shattered again? has he less ki now? and what dose the rebirth of his body means for him and the story...

I am sorry its been such a long opening post, I hope you survive it and my lacking writing skills.
    Good weekend everyone, and GO TEAM SHIOON!
    Last edited by Thorrium; 05-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.

About what "Hwan Gol Tal Tae" means for his ki-center...I think its doesnt mean anything...if was not restored after this...must be that his martial arts is not of this world so general rules or conceits mean nothing.

And after "Hwan Gol Tal Tae" I think Shioon finally got a body that can handle his fighting spirit, in the first part of the story his was a average boy with a huge quantity of Ki and only 9AD spirit level.

Now he has a body condition that fit a Murim person, is like his "chakras" gates were always interrupted so he couldnt sense the ki all over the world.....now that his ki can flow like a river....he got what u called superhuman vision/hearing. Before the best he could do was use his ability to sense the ki in the times to use a martial arts skill. Before his was like a magician using few tricks....now he is the magic.

And to be honest I am just happy that he can kick ass again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iroh View Post
    And to be honest I am just happy that he can kick ass again.
    I agree with you completely there, but I still want to be certain what it all means... it bugs me when I miss information due to languish barriers.
    Last edited by Thorrium; 05-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    Because I can.

Level One Otaku

I will be gentle, so I will tell you just that the word you are looking for is due (dou is latin and in english it means two), and as for the Overhaul Rebirth (Hwan Gol Tal Tae):

His body structure has been reconstructed to a body structure that is much stronger and more oriented for fighting. His senses are much sharper, and by the looks of it (when he first came into contact with Ju Sang-Shik), his abilites to perceive (understand) ki has been highened, as it was shown that he could figure out that Ju Sang-Shik was incredibly strong (other characters like the 5 SUC captains would like some idiots just think that he is just a old man, reminds you of elder Kwon and the female captain). Except that, his ki center is obviously FIXED (I just had to put it with big letters), seeing as how he could reflexively dodge many attacks (even one from Ju). it has been stated somewhere in this manhwa before that a ki center is needed to use martial arts properly and most importantly for better reflexes (it's most important for better reflexes at least in my opinion).

With a ki center he can posses superhuman reflexes while without one he can't. Just think back to his fight against Ryuji, he has copied his moves and all that, but he didn't posses any reflexes, instead, he took every attack without even blocking it. He did have a repaired ki center, but it was just at a level of a average martial artist, while now, he didn't get everything just repaired, he actually has everything evolved (which is much better). And so the disciple of a dragon has become a dragon itself, that's it for this comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Person X View Post
    I will be gentle, so I will tell you just that the word you are looking for is due (dou is latin and in english it means two),
    Right I knew that, stupid, stupid, stupid!

edited thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Person X View Post
    and as for the Overhaul Rebirth (Hwan Gol Tal Tae):

His body structure has been reconstructed to a body structure that is much stronger and more oriented for fighting. His senses are much sharper, and by the looks of it (when he first came into contact with Ju Sang-Shik), his abilites to perceive (understand) ki has been highened, as it was shown that he could figure out that Ju Sang-Shik was incredibly strong (other characters like the 5 SUC captains would like some idiots just think that he is just a old man, reminds you of elder Kwon and the female captain). Except that, his ki center is obviously FIXED (I just had to put it with big letters), seeing as how he could reflexively dodge many attacks (even one from Ju). it has been stated somewhere in this manhwa before that a ki center is needed to use martial arts properly and most importantly for better reflexes (it's most important for better reflexes at least in my opinion).

With a ki center he can posses superhuman reflexes while without one he can't. Just think back to his fight against Ryuji, he has copied his moves and all that, but he didn't posses any reflexes, instead, he took every attack without even blocking it. He did have a repaired ki center, but it was just at a level of a average martial artist, while now, he didn't get everything just repaired, he actually has everything evolved (which is much better). And so the disciple of a dragon has become a dragon itself, that's it for this comment.
    okay, thanks for that explanation, it was something along that line, i expected, but I still had doubts...

I just still got some nagging doubt about his ki-center, I will try and put it into words later (when I can), but until then, thanks
    Because I can.

Posting Phantom Paranoid for Life's Avatar

I wonder if he donated a kidney and part of his liver if they would grow back? And would the people he donated them to gain strength from them?
    Hmmm... Looks like I would be a creepy Doc if I was in this manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid for Life View Post
    I wonder if he donated a kidney and part of his liver if they would grow back? And would the people he donated them to gain strength from them?
    Hmmm... Looks like I would be a creepy Doc if I was in this manga.
    Lol so hard, but it is actually a fair question, think about his bloods power working on Shi-Ho Lee, so why would his organs not have some sort of power?
    but if he can regenerate them, damn that would be freaky.
    Because I can.

Level One Otaku

The main issue with his Ki center was that it was growing much larger than it should have, he passed the size of a normal persons already but instead of his Ki center stabilizing it was continuing to grow.

Unfortunately, with his Ki center still trying to grow it's still very fragile so if subjected so substantial Ki use it would be likely to shatter.

Kwon and the head of the Sun and Moon school were trying to figure out why his Ki center was continuing to grow (pretty sure this was due to the Ilwolshindan that he took back in Breaker). Kwon saw it as the potential and will his master left him to master the BH&E technique (he didn't know about the Ilwolshindan).

As far as the Hwan Gol Tal Tae is concerned, I don't think it has anything to do with his Ki center.

The way I see the Hwan Gol Tal Tae working, is that basically his body was so badly mangled after his fight with Dokhengrang that when his body went to repair itself it was able to start from scratch and modify his internal bone/muscle/organ structure to a superhuman level. Normally this wouldn't be possible because the patient would die, but because of Shioon's insanely high Ki reserves plus all of Elder Jang's Ki his body was able to heal itself to an extent that would normally be impossible (as in recovering entirely overnight).

The question about his Ki-center is how large it was when it stabilized. Normally it should have shattered, we don't know why it didn't yet but it's safe to assume that his Ki-center is much bigger than anyone expected it to be (having to accommodate Elder Jang's Ki as well as his own).

We'll probably get an explanation when Shioon returns to the Sunwoo clan and is looked over by the guy who was doing his Ki-center treatment.

I forget in what chapter it is but someone (maybe ju sang sik?) once state that the ki center 9AD destroyed is only it's shell and not his core so that's why his ki is recovering now... <- correct me please if I'm wrong. *the sentence was so long so I didn't read it fully. I only get some part of it, so if someone kows better please explain it to me...*

by the way, is there anyone else who knows shiwoon third yin type body and he was consuming il wool shin dan to 'fixed his health problem' other than shiho and 9AD?

I don't think anyone would know about Shioon's three yin blockage other than Shiho and 9AD. Afterall, the pill should have unblocked all ki-channels within Shioon's body and expanded them as well. So in the eyes of every doctors who have examined his body, they wouldn't know he was once a three yin body type.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast