Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayate no Gotoku going off road?

Default Hayate no Gotoku going off road?

Hayate no Gotoku has had 400+ chapters so far,which means its a success.But the theme has changed from living in a mansion to a just a house,nagi changing from a spoilt brat to an amateur mangaka,and introduction of many unwanted female characters and the worst of all,sudden stopping of ongoing story lines,like Hayate-Hinagiku relationship,Hayate going to school,and others.I love this manga,its one of my favourites,but its getting stale and monotonous.It's going off road.Any discussions?
    Last edited by strager; 05-07-2013 at 06:11 AM.
    STRAGER

They changed it now it sucks... Sorry, I don't want to be mean or saying that you're wrong but that's simply your reasoning. You are not alone, a lot of people don't like to see a series they like evolve cause we tend to think "it was already so good, if something change it can only be worse."

Sometimes it proves true, the series tries to make a genre shift and fails miserably or forget some of its charming points to focus on some unnecessary or boring ones. But usually the readers don't take the time to make sure of it and simply come with my first statement at the first change. So I think you should take a little time to re-read the last chapters, forget the previous ones and wonder "do I enjoy reading this?". If the answer is yes then continue reading, if not, then too bad, just give up on HgK or continue reading hoping that a better story will finally come up. Whatever you think or do you are not wrong but beware of a biased opinion.

I don't think that there is such a thing as "going off-track" for a manga, series, characters, stories, even the art tend to change. That's natural and if a series was "on track" it would mean that you already know where it goes, without any freedom, it would be pretty boring, right? So of course like I said some changes are bad but in HgK's case I don't think so, the changes are brutal (from Athens' arc) but pretty good, you are surprised but not feeling that everything is pulled out from the ass -of course this is only a personal opinion that might or not be shared but that's to collect these opinions that you opened a thread, right?

So indeed Hinagiku was put on a bus for the time being but that was the case of a lot of characters previously and doesn't mean that she will disappear, same thing for Nagi going to school, she is on holiday so it's normal that the matter didn't come up recently (and looking at this manga's timeline she won't before a while.

So I repeat, you might not like the recent changes in the plot, characters and seriousness of the series, personaly I don't think that the quality dropped but if the manga doesn't please you now it can't be helped and nobody can judge that you have bad taste, just make sure that your opinion is not biased.
    Last edited by Censored; 05-07-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Agreed,but I can't stop reading it,I still love this manga.
    STRAGER

You think this is going off road? Try reading Medaka Box.

Well, that said, it is quite different than how it was in the past. There used to be a battle scene every other chapter, and looking at Hayate being miserable is kinda fun. Now when he's being miserable, he's being miserable for real

too many fillers, art is worse (for me), comedy is worse (for me). I keep reading because i'm hoping for it to be better.
    yeah it's going off road now

N3wb

Sadly I agree. The main problem for me is that for a comedy manga it feels like it has been a while since I last found it funny. The plot isn't gripping but for light hearted comedies that is quite common, I also think that the art is worse, but neither of these problems for me are that significant as long as the characters are entertaining but recently they haven't been (for me). This is slowly turning into a manga that I read because I have for a long time rather than one that I genuinely look forward to reading, which is a shame becuase large parts of it are good and I hope that it will find its way back to those standards
    Last edited by Kaithar; 05-21-2013 at 10:14 PM.

idk a name /// id kaname /// clueless person idkaname's Avatar

To me it just seems like they are improving because I think 400+ chapters of them staying in the same place with the same attitude would be boring so I don't mind that they are doing some different things.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

earth,hell or heaven but not together with devil

Of course this manga full by filler. However to think we still read this manga because we wait for main plot. I mean before end of the world manga is filler right and after that is also filler. But even you want that you must wait for many chapter ( more than 50 maybe?)

The sly eagle doesn't kill at whim King Zidane's Avatar

Well yes, ofc it's changed. The first 100 chapters or so were great. The next 70 lackluster, the next 100 or so brilliant and quite frankly the savior of this manga, and finally we go back to a lot of wasteful chapters.

Hina being "Put on a bus" while another character comes and develop romantically above her, is ridiculous, really. What this whole apartment setup implied was that she'd get more time with Hayate. Instead, we have some out of the blue transfer come in and take over the romantic plot with little to no buildup, in a manga that takes forever to buildup. I know she's supposed to "shake things up" but nobody is taking actions against her, except for Nagi so even that is a joke; isn't it?

Hina was the first girl to have serious romantic development with Hayate. You have every right to say this manga's gone off the road, since long time developments have been stalled for ages and when you think they're going to move, they're stalled again for more nonsense. The hamster has been made a joke out of. She hasn't gotten even so much as a date from Hayate and she was one of the first true candidates of his affections.

I would be in Kaithar's situation if I didn't like Athena and the potential all these characters have so much. Currently, I'm reading this manga out of habit and because Athena is around (though tiny). I could drop it for years like I did before and probably come back and find something of substance to read.

Quote Originally Posted by King Zidane View Post
    I would be in Kaithar's situation if I didn't like Athena and the potential all these characters have so much. Currently, I'm reading this manga out of habit and because Athena is around (though tiny). I could drop it for years like I did before and probably come back and find something of substance to read.
    yeah yeah i want more athena!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast