Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Main character wimpy?

Default Main character wimpy?

People I'd like some help with this series, I've been meaning to read it for a while but it kinda scares me that the main character just like in any other story like this is a wimpy bitch that won't stop crying or complaining or that simply ain't much help at all, so I would really appreciate if you could tell me what the main character is like please !!

He is nothing like anything you said, he is skillfull and depentable in most scenario, in fact he is usually the one who handle everything. It just that he is too kind to girl and most chacracters of this manga is girl, so you might sometime think he weak, but this guy show no mercy to robot and other guys .

Quote Originally Posted by lbsapphire View Post
    He is nothing like anything you said, he is skillfull and depentable in most scenario, in fact he is usually the one who handle everything. It just that he is too kind to girl and most chacracters of this manga is girl, so you might sometime think he weak, but this guy show no mercy to robot and other guys .
    awesome !!! then I'm gonna start this manga then would you recommend the manga or the anime more? and also just another question there's romance in this anime right? does it ever go anywhere or is it does type of harems where nothing ever happens?

the Voice of Reason Hidden Detective's Avatar

Nope, he is not. Unlike many useless harem main characters who keep stumbling onto girls for no reason, Hayate is quite strong, capable, and dependable whenever it counts. While sometimes he gets picked on by girls and his bad luck for comedy, he has endured more hardship than anyone else in the series and has always managed to pull through, and has certainly never just sat there and cried/complained about anything (someone else does that a whole lot in the series though); which is why Hayate's one of my favorite male leads in mangas...
    Last edited by Hidden Detective; 05-07-2013 at 04:12 AM.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    Look into a mirror before judging others.
    There is always motivations behind harming and killing, but no reason is needed to save or help another.
    You need to give before you receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Detective View Post
    Nope, he is not. Unlike many useless harem main characters who keep stumbling onto girls for no reason, Hayate is quite strong, capable, and dependable whenever it counts. While sometimes he gets picked on by girls and his bad luck for comedy, he has endured more hardship than anyone else in the series and has always managed to pull through, and has certainly never just sat there and cried/complained about anything (someone else does that a whole lot in the series though); which is why Hayate's one of my favorite male leads in mangas...
    Thx !!! lol happy to see I was wrong since alot of people have been recommending this to me but I really can't take another useless generic wimpy character, why do they even make those wimpy characters? lol but again thank you and could you answer that 1 other question please, does he get anywhere with one of the girls in this series? or does it at least look like something will happen? I don't mind it an open harem ending but reading so many chapters for that kinda thing seems kinda hard to just be disappointed with nothing happening.

I haven't watch the S1 and S2 of the anime but i heard that S1 gone off track from the manga, S2 follow the manga closely, S3 is said to be canon and S4 is airing but seem to be filler; so i would recommend the manga.
    His harem is pretty balance right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch545 View Post
    Thx !!! lol happy to see I was wrong since alot of people have been recommending this to me but I really can't take another useless generic wimpy character, why do they even make those wimpy characters? lol but again thank you and could you answer that 1 other question please, does he get anywhere with one of the girls in this series? or does it at least look like something will happen? I don't mind it an open harem ending but reading so many chapters for that kinda thing seems kinda hard to just be disappointed with nothing happening.
    Well, Hayate is rather dense emotionally most of the time (most harem male leads has to be, to keep harem balance), and so his harem is pretty balanced. But his relationships with two of the girls are more special, in different ways. I don't want to spoil it for you, so go ahead and read through all the chapters and you'll understand... And to point out, Hata (the author) is doing a pretty good job in keeping the ending unclear, keeping all the top few female leads possible endings so far, which is also one of the attracting points of the series, since you can't tell the ending from a mile away...
    There is always motivations behind harming and killing, but no reason is needed to save or help another.

Default Thx

thx for the replies guys !!! got me really interested in the girls and I'll go ahead and start on this manga even though it's fairly long !!! but it seems pretty cool read the first 10 chapters and I can already see that the MC is a way better character then alot of other main characters I have seen from harem series

Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch545 View Post
    thx for the replies guys !!! got me really interested in the girls and I'll go ahead and start on this manga even though it's fairly long !!! but it seems pretty cool read the first 10 chapters and I can already see that the MC is a way better character then alot of other main characters I have seen from harem series
    No problem, glad you're enjoying it... Keep in mind that it has a slow start, but just keep going, and you'll definitely find more than you bargained for in this series... (slight preview: no one thought that a dense guy like Hayate had a past like that, until we read those chapters...)

Have a fun time reading and hope to see you again soon .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast