View Poll Results: So, is the 9AD a bad guy now?

Voters
264. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he has gone to the dark side

62 23.48%
  • No, it's all a lie by the S.U.C.

27 10.23%
  • He has something to do with the S.U.C, but it's exaggerated by the 5 captains

131 49.62%
  • I'm not sure...

23 8.71%
  • Option I didn't mention

21 7.95%
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 9ad's true purpose

Listen to more Bob Marley. Artemis_Entreri's Avatar

Question How many of you guys think the 9AD is a bad guy now?

Does anyone who reads The Breaker New Wave actually think that the Nine Arts Dragon is really tied in with the S.U.C.? He used to be my favorite until Elder Kwon showed up so I'm still holding out that he has nothing to do with the will of the S.U.C....

Maybe he does though, why else hasn't he showed up and taken care of those guys who are throwing his name in the dirt? Another thought is that the hot blond captain of the S.U.C. can change into any form she wants, right? She could be appearing before the S.U.C. minions disguised as the 9AD.

Has a Few Faves

I never thought that 9AD was ever directly connected to the SUC. If anything, they're just followers/wannabes.

He could care less about them, but if they help him achieve his goal (destroying what the Murim holds dear) then he won't go out of his way to stop them.

9ad has been a bad guy since part 1, he only had a small soft spot for Shiwoon because Shiwoon was a bully victum just like he was when he was a kid. Shiwoon also reminded him of his own master many times so 9ad was friendly around Shiwoon, but he has always been a bad guy, at least as long as he has been working for BDF.

He told the S.U.C that if they want to meet him, they need to give him Seoul, and if they fail they are dead, sounds like a bad guy to me.

One of The Followers Ryujin_chad's Avatar

and what's more, i think that it's leading to a fight between shioon and 9AD and shioon will win because he'll manage to tame the BOT with the help of the inside training.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinpoche View Post
    He told the S.U.C that if they want to meet him, they need to give him Seoul, and if they fail they are dead, sounds like a bad guy to me.
    Or it could have been the hot blond captain.
    And he has not always been a bad guy! :( :( He ran to rescue Shiho whenever she needed/asked for it. He also didn't kill anyone when Shioon told him not to. He wished to avenge his master which was totally justified, he even got out of his anger mode thanks to Shioon... He's a total sweetheart ;D

Quote Originally Posted by maryberry View Post
    He could care less about them, but if they help him achieve his goal (destroying what the Murim holds dear) then he won't go out of his way to stop them.
    Agreed...but it seems out of his character to allow innocents to be killed

Quote Originally Posted by Ryujin_chad View Post
    and what's more, i think that it's leading to a fight between shioon and 9AD and shioon will win because he'll manage to tame the BOT with the help of the inside training.
    Yeah I agree that I think the writer is leading up to a duel between them... would be awesome to see!
    Last edited by Inverz; 06-10-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Level One Otaku

9AD isn't really "bad" or "good", he's an anti-hero, and is fairly extreme at times.

Has a Few Faves

an anti hero is someone who sometimes does the right things, even if for the wrong reasons. Everyone who has read the breaker and the breaker new waves is a bit biased towards him so its hard for any of us to classify him. However if someone who is not biased by watching his interactions with shioon were to fairly judge him, he would be classified as a definite bad guy. even in the breaker, he was never actually out to save anyone or do any kind of good. he has a special place in his heart for shiwoon and shiho but other than that, he will kill anyone who gets in his way for anything. so no he isnt really any kind of hero.

he has a tragic past, yes, but that doesnt mean what he does can be justified. in simplest terms, he is actually just a murderer regardless of his reasons. looking at him through shiwoons eyes, he never seemed like such a bad guy, but in new waves, looking at it through a neutral perspective, he is a villain. which is not to say he isnt badass or an extremely awesome character. He just isnt one of the good guys, period.

Level One Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by deathmetal2010 View Post
    an anti hero is someone who sometimes does the right things, even if for the wrong reasons. Everyone who has read the breaker and the breaker new waves is a bit biased towards him so its hard for any of us to classify him. However if someone who is not biased by watching his interactions with shioon were to fairly judge him, he would be classified as a definite bad guy. even in the breaker, he was never actually out to save anyone or do any kind of good. he has a special place in his heart for shiwoon and shiho but other than that, he will kill anyone who gets in his way for anything. so no he isnt really any kind of hero.

he has a tragic past, yes, but that doesnt mean what he does can be justified. in simplest terms, he is actually just a murderer regardless of his reasons. looking at him through shiwoons eyes, he never seemed like such a bad guy, but in new waves, looking at it through a neutral perspective, he is a villain. which is not to say he isnt badass or an extremely awesome character. He just isnt one of the good guys, period.

Destruction of murim can be seen as a good thing for the society. Just saying. Murim ultimately are just a bunch of people who always get break laws of the world.

The Murim during 9AD's time were definitely just trash. He was simply trying to have revenge for the death of his master. When batman set out for revenge because his dad got killed, does that make him a bad guy? Not saying that 9AD is as good as him, since batman isn't categorized as anti-hero really. 9AD wants to break down a rotten organization, it doesn't matter if he is being extreme or have very bad motives, I can only see the end of murim good for humanity.
    Last edited by GradationAir; 03-07-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Has a Few Faves

I can understand what you're saying, but the fact remains that you're talking through purely nine arts dragon's point of view, in the breaker. In new waves, thanks to the suc's actions against the general public, its quite clear that existence of the murim is necessary because when the two worlds clash, the chaos drags innocent people into danger as well. The murim isnt good either, but its a necessary evil so that martial artists with inhuman abilities only fight against each other and do not drag normal people into their conflicts. The martial arts alliance is essentially a regulatory body.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but there is technically no black and white in the world of the the breaker. mostly greys. ninearts is a grey character and so is the martial arts alliance as a whole. but nine arts gives even less of a **** about the greater good(the general public) than the martial arts elders do.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast