Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athena/Alice?

Default Athena/Alice?

OK I'm not sure if anyone started a forum like this, sorry if this is an extra! but Iv'e been waiting for an explanation for Athena becoming Alice. Ever since chapter 300 where Athena suddenly asks where his brother is, all that pops into my mind is "WHAT WHAT'S HAPPENING?" then in the next couple chapters, you find out about Alice who is a chibi version of Athena.(My guess is she's restoring her power?) Then you see Aika show this weird bar thing? and it's apparently not enough to explain the situation. Then alas after a long wait the mystery room chapters make a reference to chapter 300, where Hayate remembers how Athena told him not to talk about the Royal Garden. now here I am, chapter 405, and nothing has been done since then. I'm just so anxious, Athena is the girl I want him to end up with, but so far I'm not even sure if she's there! of course in a later chapter 383 you see what seems to be Athena's spirit looking pretty angry at Hayate. The point of this is, the manga has been giving small clues on this whole Athena Alice thing, but I'm just so curious! ANY IDEAS???

the Voice of Reason Hidden Detective's Avatar

Nope, Hata hasn't revealed the reason or cause of her shrinkage in the story yet. But his reason for doing this in the real world is painfully obvious, he wants balance in character popularity. After Athens arc, Athena's popularity skyrocketed, becoming the first second-place to score more than half of Hina's votes in the third official manga poll. And since she's also heavily involved in the main plot concerning the king's jewels and royal power, Hata want to halt her development for a while and focus on other characters, as well as making the series last longer. But he can't just put her out of the picture completely because of how popular she already is with the readers, so he shrank her and took away her memories to halt her development completely, while still letting her appear once a while as little Alice. Besides, Athena will also break the harem balance if everyone met her and know about her and Hayate, that's why Hata had to turn her into Alice so she can live with them without breaking the balance and forcing the manga to end soon. If you noticed, pretty much no one besides Nagi and Ruka had any development at all over the last 100 chapters or so... If you recall ch 306 (the only chapter focusing on Alice), Hayate even asked her how to help her restore to her old self, and she brushed that matter aside to help the dog find its owner first. Hata will likely to keep her on hold and drag the story on for quite another while, until he feels like he has earned enough income or want to finish off the series soon...
    Last edited by Hidden Detective; 04-17-2013 at 03:49 AM.
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    Look into a mirror before judging others.
    There is always motivations behind harming and killing, but no reason is needed to save or help another.
    You need to give before you receive.

maybe...
    Athena Tennousu = Hecate
    Alice = Konoe Fumina
    Last edited by ElleMelMata; 04-16-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Oh that makes sense, thank for the answer! I can't wait to see more of the manga unfold! XD

Quote Originally Posted by ElleMelMata View Post
    maybe...
    Athena Tennousu = Hecate
    Alice = Konoe Fumina
    Awesome reference XD it might be possible...

the Voice of Reason Hidden Detective's Avatar

No problem... Of course we all want to see how the end and the main plot turns out, but keep in mind that Hata is a master of trolling and dragging the story on and on (recall the recent chapter where Hayate met Alice with Mikado, then got interrupted by Saki all chapter and accomplished nothing, and Hata noted in a box that that's how this series is), so it's best to not expect much development anytime soon... -_-
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    Look into a mirror before judging others.
    There is always motivations behind harming and killing, but no reason is needed to save or help another.
    You need to give before you receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Detective View Post
    No problem... Of course we all want to see how the end and the main plot turns out, but keep in mind that Hata is a master of trolling and dragging the story on and on (recall the recent chapter where Hayate met Alice with Mikado, then got interrupted by Saki all chapter and accomplished nothing, and Hata noted in a box that that's how this series is), so it's best to not expect much development anytime soon... -_-
    That's true, the times where I swear my heart would skip a beat while reading have always ended up with something like "And the butler survived..." Like the time in the anime he got hit by a car... -_-

The sly eagle doesn't kill at whim King Zidane's Avatar

Hi guys, been awhile. I was just celebrating my birthday yesterday and now that I'm all tuckered out I felt like foruming.

Now while we might know why Athena shrunk in story, we can make an educated guess or two.

To ascertain that villains are indeed more badass than Athena as antagonists, having Athena go into hiding in fear of them manipulating and taking advantage of her, would make sense. We know she has a ton of info on the RG, and she has asked Hayate to not mention it all so she may not be detected? Possibly the shiro zakura wiped out her memories, and that would explain the 1 year sleep? Possibly she needs to regain those memories, and has thus shrunk to hide herself until she does? Possibly, this is a race for whoever can obtain that crucial information?

This scenario would be good to tie things together. If she is still confused of the information herself, that would explain why we readers didn't gain too much info on the RG, and it could be another explanation for how Midas was able to control her, using her confusion of events to her advantage. We do know that Athena had NO idea what happened to Ikusa before she slept and Midas used that guilt to control her.

Then, she had Mikado and Aika give her "protection" for that information, which would explain why they're in on it. She of course wouldn't trust them completely and enlisted the help of Hayate. Yozora didn't recognize her in chibi form until Isumi mentioned her, so she was indeed able to cloak herself. We also know that because Yozora did not recognize her, it is likely that these new antagonist haven't had any dealings directly with her in the past, probably because she was trapped in the castle.

Well that's just a bit of theorizing. I personally like the second alternative of the "race" and they're somehow going to use Ruka to advance ahead of them, preferably on a different route.

You know because if they use the same route Mikado did by bonding Hayate and Athena to get the power, then that would really suck. I have been thinking for a while now, ever since Yozora or whoever said that Athena and Hayate cannot open the path anymore. What if the bond Ruka has with Hayate, (that Hata is forcibly rushing to create) will be used to open the path? I'd hate for that to happen, personally. It would just be asspull, because then why not Nagi and Hayate? Then again if she's used on her own, and in a sacrificial manner... well that would be quite favorable, wouldn't it?

Then there is the reason Detective stated. >__> Hata created such a great character yet decides to halt her characterization like this. She better have big involvement in the plot or I will be a sour puss indeed. I feel like Ruka is filling in her for to push the romantic plot (albeit not well) and to keep the RG plot relevant.
    Though time only moves one way, we can still relive "those days" in our mind

First, happy birthday (am i too late, it already 21st at my place).

Second, since you threw in your theory, i gonna throw in my. As we know, Yozora appear to be stronger than Isumi, that would make she equal or stronger than Athena. My guess is after meeting with Aika in Greek, Athena got in a fight with Yozora, lost and managed to run away (well 2 again 4 is not fair anyway). That would explain Machina/Makina's disappearance (whatever his name is). Then she ran to Aika, ask for her help and go to Japan, the rest as we know.
    I also agree with Detective's opinion, Hata also want to troll us at the same time .
    Last edited by lbsapphire; 04-21-2013 at 02:51 AM.

The sly eagle doesn't kill at whim King Zidane's Avatar

It was on the 19th, but that's fine. Thank you.

As for your theory, if Yozora could overwhelm Athena on her own and cause her to go into hiding; that would really suck. I don't want to see Athena only good for removing fodder later on. If they're of somewhat equal strength, and Athena was ambushed and escaped... now that would be better. Athena could have sent Machina for a jewel; who knows. His "secret skill" was taken from him so since he may be more or less fodder now; possibly she's let him go for his own safety?

Anyways, we can't assume Aika is completely innocent here. She's purposely left herself out of events until now. Something is obviously in it for her this time round. We can't just assume she's helped Athena out of good will, ya know? ._. Cause she was nowhere to be found during Midas' takeover.
    Though time only moves one way, we can still relive "those days" in our mind

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast