Thread: New Detective Conan Re-editing Project!!

N3wb

Lightbulb New Detective Conan Re-editing Project!!

How's it going everyone?

Recently, I started a new project to re-edit Detective Conan Cases that either are badly scanned/translated.

The main website
    -------------------------------------
    http://detectiveconanscans.wordpress.com/
    -------------------------------------

I have released a couple of cases already in High Quality and I'm already looking to re-edit more cases.
    Give your feedback on what you think about this project.
    Also, I work alone and I'm looking for real DC fans who would be interested to contribute to this project.

----------------------------------------

If you are looking to join our team and improve the quality of Detective Conan manga, then you are more than welcome to apply for any of these following applications.

Cleaners – Cleaning speech bubbles only!

Typesetters - Inserting translations in the correct positions with pleasing formatting.

Translation Extractors - Extract translations from translated files.

If you are interested, then email us: detectiveconanscansproject@gmail.com

We are also working on our new website! Hence, we are looking for new dedicated DC fan to expand the project in re-editing DC manga and release multiple of files in a fast paced environment!

Check our demo website: http://detectiveconanscans.blogspot.ca/
    Last edited by odesho; 05-04-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Has a Few Faves

great job! A lot of the older chapters are really poor in terms of quality!

I've always wondered where people get good scans I got alot of the volumes but even if I scan them it's not going to look so... Clear

One of The Followers Darkangelz_0's Avatar

Odesho, I know this may be a little off topic... but when you're done can you translate Major? Or try to? Even if it's just a few chapters? It's a great series that barely gets any attention- and there are such large gaps for the english version that you can't even read the beginning smoothly. There are such big jumps, and sometimes even within the few consistent chapters that are scanlated there sometimes are small skips. In all honesty I would have preferred instead of 5 chapters here, skip 100, 5 chapters there, skip another 100, 5 chapters here... for it to be 15 chapters consecutively. If possible, can you at least translate a few of the beginning? Even if it's just 2 or 3? I, and probably all other Major fans, would greatly appreciate it! There should be raws up online somewhere... :P
    (Edit: Also, if you try to read the series, the numbers get switched around. Like for example, chapter 12 is actually chapter 4...chapter 11 is chapter 3...etc. o.0 messed up.)

--
    If not, I understand. Detective Conan, though I don't read it, is an awesome anime series. I've only watched 181 episodes but it's definitely worth watching- though at times a little difficult to watch. I might now read the series if there are better scans out there, so thanks for that!
    Last edited by Darkangelz_0; 04-13-2013 at 03:49 PM.

N3wb

Thanks for your feedback.

Darkangelz_0, the problem is I'm not a translator; only an editor. If someone can provide me with the translations, I will try my best to help since the drawings of this series are very well done. However, I don't think someone is willing to translate a series of 78 volumes though.

Also, don't watch all Conan episodes, the fillers ruin the storyline. Use this guide and skip the TV Originals, http://www.detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/anime
    Last edited by odesho; 04-14-2013 at 02:18 AM.

One of The Followers Darkangelz_0's Avatar

Thanks for at least looking through it. I know it's a lot- that's why I wouldn't mind if it's just reviewing the first few chapters. If you can't you can't.

I've actually known about the DC guide since episode 1. I just know myself well enough to know that if I start skipping now- I'll probably skip everything lmao. Filler and Canon are similar in progression and plot- so If I skip 1 episode, I'm probably going to give up and skip all the way to the end. Plot moves so slowly too that skipping hundreds of episodes wouldn't make too much of a difference. The guide though, is extremely helpful nonetheless. I can pace myself more easily- I can plan my time so I can watch 2 or 3 episode cases without stopping in the middle due to time restraints. I also can push myself to watch more in a short time cause some characters I wanna watch already. I know Shinichi will make an appearance soon so It's a motivation to marathon these stupid fillers- cause I really want tosee his return! Spoilers really do help push me along

N3wb

Alright, but try not to look for names of characters on this website. I have done it on accident and it ruined the "Art of Surprise" the plot was supposed to give me. Basically, just stick with the guide as much as possible without clicking anything lool.