Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: the seventh Shichibukai and the future of the shichibukai ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eustass Kid View Post
    The pirate who killed his family is not the same one who cut off his his arm, one year ago, the pirate who severed Zephyr's arm became a Shichibukai making Zephyr quit the marines.
    where does it state this because i'm quite interested in it

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat11 View Post
    where does it state this because i'm quite interested in it
    One piece wiki http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Zephyr

Quote Originally Posted by Eustass Kid View Post
    Thanks. but it also states this
    "One year ago, the same pirate who severed Zephyr's arm became a Shichibukai, prompting the instructor and former Admiral to renounce the Marines in order to create his own group, the Neo Marines. With his new group they plotted to destroy all pirates.
    doesn't that mean one year ago prior to the start of the series ?

Quote Originally Posted by CrispyMan View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble there buddy but Zephyr isn't a canon character, and Film Z is entirely non-canon.
    Here's the Wiki article listing him as a non-canon Former Marine: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Marines
    And here's Film Z's wiki page confirming that Oda did not infact direct it and was only an overseer. In the trivia section is confirms that he stated the movie non-canon: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/One_Piece_Film:_Z
    I think xonepiece gave the answer for me.

The movie probably wasn't canon but Z himself is a canon character and Volume Z is as well meaning the Shichibukai that cut Z's arm is canon as well so my opinion still stays the same that the new Shichibukai is the one who cut Z's arm who is possibly a new character.
    Last edited by Mihawk1222; 04-08-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    http://forums.mangafox.me/store/signaturepics/sigpic921677_3.gif

My One Piece Prediction List

A sanji's and Law's fan jlmutabazi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkdesigns View Post
    1. I would like to think the mystery shichibukai would be Rob Lucci (but expect it won't be), I just think the guys feats are some of the best around and a CP 9 team circa New World would be welcomed by yours truly. I really think the shichibukai will be the gladiator Kyros mentioned in the previous chapter. It seems likely to me that the blind guy is the admiral, the other three guessing games Oda played was with the shichibukai and kyros the mysterious gladiator. Seems to me for all the mystery built up around the guy and his legendary status he seems a good candidate.

Thing is Kyros might end up being a previously seen character.

2. Putting aside my IwantCP9 agenda for just a tick, I think it would be interesting to see Luffy actually get the spot.... It is a long shot and a half but if they need to be famous/strong what better thing to do than get the guy who beat three shichibukai already (yes counting buggy....) Though given the navy killed Luffy's brother I don't expect that to be an easy sell. I think it might be a previously featured character, who will take DD's spot but it could be nearly anyone... Former shichibukai returned (?), Aokiji, some guy you completely forgot about like Gin...

3. Law will probably get to keep his position IMO if he is seen attacking DD's & perhaps more importantly Kaido's interests he will get to keep his position and probably his alliance. I don't know how much latitude 'do what you want but don't conflict with world government interests' someone really gets with the title shichibukai but I doubt it would be a tonne.

4. I honestly think the shichibukai might come to an end under the current naval regime, it would not surprise me n the least to learn that the navy is preparing not only for the four emperors, revolutionary army and new world roookies, but also to do away with the shichibukai. From a naval perspective I completely understand the concern, where the title of shichubukai is supposed to reign in and create free agent allies from powerful former enemies the title itself is to unstable.

BB, Crocodile & DD... (significant public betrayal)

Jinbe might have left quietly but they were probably enraged when they found out they couldn't count on his power for the war.

Boa Hancock was a pain the ass for the navy during the war of the best

Kuma an obedient revolutionary (....?!) he is the one I would worry about the most.

In the end you get Buggy and Mihawk.... If they don't get rid of the shichibukai they should at least redress membership selection.
    You think so because his fight was epic but even though one vice admiral praised you are aware that his feets' were by far not comparable to the top tiers. Either way i see him as underworld undergroud broker from the image we saw of a guy just as him with a bird at his shoulder...

Luffy will never get the spot given the fact he is Dragon's son, it's too late for him to get the spot and i highly doubt Akainu would let him become shishibukai and btw i was shocked by the fact Akainu/WG let Law be shishibukai given the fact he was considered as an ally to Luffy ( during war of the best ) + he was implied in the teenryuubito incident ...

I think Law is actually gonna loose his title if Fujitora is the new admiral, i expect him to encounter Law and DD even if both manage to escape he will report to Akainu thus both being removed their shishibukai title ( DD still seems to be apparently considered as a shishibukai ... )

If they loose shishibukais they will loose the major forces which are Mihawk ( whose loss would be compared to Aokiji's/garp's/Sengoku's loss ) , Hancock and DD ( well he's already out but ... )

as Garp said if those 3 powers don't exist the world could drastically change
    Mihawk>=Doflamingo=7th shishibukai>=Updtated Px-0=Hancock>>Law>>>>>>>Baggy(might be cool to see Baggy at least at pre TS Luffy's level)

So with Chapter 738 here's what I've got to say:

-I hope Oda has prepared a good plot twist cause honestly right now Mugiwaras are doome, here's my prediction of fights (Mugiwaras will need huge back up) :

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat11 View Post
    Thanks. but it also states this
    "One year ago, the same pirate who severed Zephyr's arm became a Shichibukai, prompting the instructor and former Admiral to renounce the Marines in order to create his own group, the Neo Marines. With his new group they plotted to destroy all pirates.
    doesn't that mean one year ago prior to the start of the series ?

The Film is set after Fishman Island and before the Punk Hazard Arc, so I see it as one year before the film took place.

Im sure the SN's will take the place of the Shichibukai's and *maybe* schibukai's title will stop to exist.

N3wb

Well, I think Law will not be able to keep his position as a Shichibukai as he has teamed up with the SH and the SHs have huge grudge against the marines and the world government. I seriously think that there will be two new characters to fill the post of shichibukai. The blind man is probably Kyros. and lastly, I do think that the shichibukai will continue to exist as they help to keep the balance in the new world.

Maybe the new character Oda introduced?
    Chameleon, if I'm not mistaken..

Quote Originally Posted by Mihawk1222 View Post
    I think xonepiece gave the answer for me.

The movie probably wasn't canon but Z himself is a canon character and Volume Z is as well meaning the Shichibukai that cut Z's arm is canon as well so my opinion still stays the same that the new Shichibukai is the one who cut Z's arm who is possibly a new character.
    Yeah xonepiece was wrong, Z isn't a canon character.
    Why would Oda create an entirely new character then put him in an entirely non-canon story with entirely non-canon plot lines and backstories, with other non-canon characters who have a deep history with him, only to have that character die at the end?
    Z isn't canon, Oda said he wasn't canon, I provided a link that reported Oda stating the entire movie to be non-canon, so this isn't an arguable point.

Volume Z was to provide character info for the movie, it fulfilled that function but nowhere does it say that it was canon.
    It was all non-canon, if it seems like I'm labouring the point it's because that's exactly what I'm doing.
    One of The Immortal 4

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring, I'd like to think I've walked that line everyday of my life.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast