Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter 2011 worth watching?

N3wb

Default Hunter x Hunter 2011 worth watching?

So, I've allowed the anime to progress to a respectable point in the story before I wanted to watch it. But here's the thing, I'm not sure if I should just wait until it's after Greed Island or just start nice a fresh.

From what I've read, the 2011 anime isn't better than the 1999 one. So, what do you guys think? Start fresh or just wait for the end of greed island?

If I were you, I couldn't wait. It's too good for just waiting. I think you must watch the first version, the OVAs, and then look the new version. Both, entirely, completely. And finally ending seeing the movie... If we have lucky, It'll be translated when you finish watching both.
    Last edited by Gelien; 03-29-2013 at 09:02 PM.
    http://forums.mangafox.me/store/signaturepics/sigpic1023361_1.gif

N3wb

lol, I already did watch the first version and the OVA.

LOOOOOOL, sorry, my bad! . I recommend to see the whole 2011 version from the beginning ♥ ^__~ it's not good as the first version, but it's worth watching it. It's closer to the manga, so it's okay. I really enjoyed it ♥

N3wb

Thanks bro, that's what I wanted to know. While I did enjoy the anime, I don't feel inclined of wasting so much time rewatching it. I will just wait for it to start the Chimera arc.

Hahaaha it's okay! , I'm hoping for the chimera arc to be awesome ♥ .

PD: Imma woman~~~~

Yeah it's worth watching, the old one ended and didn't finish the story, the new one is on-going. Overall better as well imo.
    Last edited by D.Doflamingo; 03-30-2013 at 02:03 AM.

N3wb

Quote Originally Posted by Gelien View Post
    Hahaaha it's okay! , I'm hoping for the chimera arc to be awesome ♥ .

PD: Imma woman~~~~
    Oh, my bad... Thanks chica

Quote Originally Posted by D.Doflamingo View Post
    Yeah it's worth watching, the old one ended and didn't finish the story, the new one is on-going. Overall better as well imo.
    Like I said, if there's no difference story wise (like if the old anime went WAY off track from the manga), I don't really feel like rewatching everything.
    Last edited by Grandork; 03-30-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Hey I saw them both and well I prefer the old one because it was new (let's see I didn't know the history so it was easy for me to like) The new one comparing to the old one is more rushed (which is good because I wouldn´t want to rewatch the episodes again), it has a better design and the personalities of the characters are more well determined (ok bad english here). See it it's being good and they are making amazing things in the climax. You may miss some parts that were in the old one but not in the new but whatever
    Dying is what makes living

something impossible to acomplish

Hmm, thinking that way the new animation it's just a lil' bit different. There are some things better explained so if you used to have doubts, you will definitely find and answer on the new animation. But you'll find more annoying about all the things they erased or skipped. Like the 3º part of the hunter exam, when they must act like a group and cooperate to make that big ship works. It was my favourite part in the WHOLE hunter examen and they didn't do it, because it wasn't on the manga.

Maybe I missed something but I recommend you to watch it anyway from the start. You might get lost if you don't... o_o anyway we can not force you if you don't want ^^.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast