Thread: Obito's use for sasuke

Posting Phantom

Default Obito's use for sasuke

I apologize if this was already discussed. All this time, maybe because I never paid enough atention, I thought obito wanted sasuke just as another pawn to be used for battle. I did not really cared, also, and thus never took the time to verify if that was the truth.

But a while ago, after re-reading the manga, I came across the part in which obito talks to zetsu after dispatching sasuke to the kage summit. There, he tells zetsu that he has no need for sasuke growing stronger than pain if he's not easily tamed. (and zetsu interpretated this as sasuke being a contingency plan for obito, all this in the rinne tensei context)

All this made me realize that pherhaps obito wanted sasuke as a new nagato. So, in the case the later failed, and sasuke proved to be tamed, obito could give him the rinnegan and have him use the rinne tensei. (he later says that he's not planning on sync-ing him with the gedou masou for a while, so he probably planned on doing it after finishing the war, which we all know took a turn even obito did not expect).

http://mangafox.me/manga/naruto/v48/c453/17.html

Madara > Obito > Sasuke that how pretty much I see it.

I actually see Sasuke not wanting to side with any "illusion dream world", wanting to get Outer Path "Rinne Tensei" powers, but refusing to give up his brother's eyes. They are too precious too him.

A Page Flipper

That actually makes some sense, but Obito also wanted to make Sasuke and Naruto fight...as if they both represented something and Obito wanted to see who would come out on top.

To the above comment, I actually think Sasuke, because he hates the village, lost his family and clan because of it, he might be fed up with the whole shinobi world...so a dream world seems to me like something he would want to make happen.

Posting Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by ruffryders View Post
    That actually makes some sense, but Obito also wanted to make Sasuke and Naruto fight...as if they both represented something and Obito wanted to see who would come out on top.
    That is why he said he did not want to sync him with the mazou just yet. If obito planned to use sasuke as an ace in case of nagato's failure, then he's need sasuke to be willing to give his life away for him. He would not give sasuke the rinnegan just yet, but wait until sasuke's revenge is complete, thus ensuring his loyalty.

Also, obito needed sasuke to grow a bit before giving him the rinnegan, and may have planned to use naruto as the final step of that growth.

Obviously, the war changed all this, but I'm pretty sure obito saw sasuke as nagato's replacement.

Obito needed him in case pein didnt use rinne tensei to resurrect madara. He needed someone who would be compatible with the rinnegan. Sasuke most probably would be.

either that or he wanted to sync sasuke with the gedo mazo (resurrected jyuubi) since it needs more than one person to be able to control it. That could have been peins task initially.