Thread: Dismemberment?Banned?

Level One Otaku

Default Dismemberment?Banned?

Hey guys...i just realized something, in the old chapter, dismemberment(Decapitation) is pretty common although not that much..but somehow for the latest one they are gone. Maybe more than that. I wonder why..?
    Please tell me if there is a news that i miss,like no more graphic dismemberment scene in SHonen sunday or something like that

eh what? you talking about a DC chapter? if so what chapter (number) and please eksplain what the **** you are talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by yu-gi View Post
    eh what? you talking about a DC chapter? if so what chapter (number) and please eksplain what the **** you are talking about!
    You know... People getting messed up in a way that head/ other body pieces get cut

I think in one of the middle volumes there read that some people were disgusted from the 1st chapter and I guess then it was completely taken away... But I wouldnt be surprised if the magazines dont allow that anymore either, considering the genre too...

did u mean mutilation method...geez why use decapitate...i was almost lost too u know lol

Everlasting Wanderer Cobalt Blue's Avatar

Which one is it? I can't remember.

Also, why people keep reuploading old chapters? I keep getting "false" update notification.
    { Read List }

"Which might be wrong after all, for going to the Neverland and never to return.
    Illusion of the fairy tale of Peter Pan had never been this close to us.
    At times, my wishes to catch up with you will still linger - refuse to cease and persist to exist,
    gnawing between eros and thanatos."

maybe its too cliche. this isn't really a horror manga... gosho doesn't seem to go much for horror.
    i can't recall much that he wrote that is related to horror. i think he just likes killing people. i keep wondering why don't he start writing about robberies other than Kaitou Kid. that get away with everyone alive.

i'm also wondering about the reuploading of old chapters thing. might be bad quality. i recall reading some chapters that weren't very.. professional. i don't mind much though.
    another reason could be that the specific group wanted to remove their chapters, and they themselves or a loyal fan helped them do the job.
    spin spin spin

I've also noticed this too. The crimes have gotten less gory, no missing heads or limbs. I wonder why.

It might simply be because beheading someone is clearly NOT the most efficient way to kill someone. Yes, it works of course, it even works on highlanders, but it requires quite a lot of efforts and their are lots of easier ways. Why are there so many poisoning cases? Because putting poison in someone's food is easier and more discreet than cutting his head with an axe, a knife, a guillotine or anything else. So if you were a murderer would you shoot your victim down, poison him, push him on a cliff, hang him or... behead him?

Of course the series has gone for long and has shown a lot of different deaths, some of them were really gory, strange and/or improbable, decapitation like in the first chapter is one of these deaths. It is shocking and has a great impact but you can't put too many of them since you can't really justify why your assassin would resort to that rather than his gun or... almost anything else! So I don't think it's a matter of censure and more of realism, after, like Shinishi said in chapter one, cutting off the head of somebody isn't easier, you would need a good blade and/or a lot of strength so it's normal that is stays exceptional.
    Last edited by Censored; 06-17-2013 at 12:16 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    It might simply be because beheading someone is clearly NOT the most efficient way to kill someone. Yes, it works of course, it even works on highlanders, but it requires quite a lot of efforts and their are lots of easier ways. Why are there so many poisoning cases? Because putting poison in someone's food is easier and more discreet than cutting his head with an axe, a knife, a guillotine or anything else. So if you were a murderer would you shoot your victim down, poison him, push him on a cliff, hang him or... behead him?

Of course the series has gone for long and has shown a lot of different deaths, some of them were really gory, strange and/or improbable, decapitation like in the first chapter is one of these deaths. It is shocking and has a great impact but you can't put too many of them since you can't really justify why your assassin would resort to that rather than his gun or... almost anything else! So I don't think it's a matter of censure and more of realism, after, like Shinishi said in chapter one, cutting off the head of somebody isn't easier, you would need a good blade and/or a lot of strength so it's normal that is stays exceptional.
    Most of them look cool but I must say like the Kogoro and Conan together at a restaurant I forgot the cases name where that guy got poisoned is one of the best mysteries in DC while the gory ones are just there for shock factor and it doesn't really work overall

Like that one case where the guy was hiding a head inside his shirt to trick others to think he's overweight still