Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the Future arc the last arc?

N3wb

Post Is the Future arc the last arc?

I've been having this feeling that TWGOK manga will end soon..
    just wanted to find any information about the manga

If anybody know's some useful information please inform me

edit Tittle: Is The current TWGOK arc the last one?

A Beautiful Cafe Maid

I don't have any official information, but it feels to me like TWGOK may be winding down to a close.

Keima was very tired lately and he went through an emotional wringer. Remember, he was so worn out he actually got sick during the final goddess hunt. He tried to get back to 'normal' (for him) by playing games and not going to school. But that is when he neglects to eat, sleep, etc. Now he is depressed, too... he was sad he hurt Chihiro and he did not properly deal with that. He may even have been avoiding school to avoid seeing Chihiro.

So I don't think that this time travel arc will be the last. There will be 1 more, after he gets back. Once Vintage is defeated & the past/present have been healed, the spirits will be sealed away again, the goddesses will leave, & all the girls that had them will forget Keima again. His contract will be over, the collar will be gone, the demon girls will go back to hell & the only one left that will remember Keima is Chihiro.

I hope he will be polite & kind to her. I hope she will be understanding & forgiving to him. I hope she will comfort his heart. They will both be hurting in different ways, & they need each other. Even if he doesn't give up games, she will add something so special to his life. If they get together at last, that will be a good ending.

I must be the odd one out. I get the feeling that the latest arc's the beginning of something on the scale of the goddesses arc. To me, this manga's halfway through.

Atleast that's my feeling. Definately probably a minority though. But why introduce two new characters, one of which is pivotal to something big coming up, if it's to end soon? Not to mention, Wakaki has established the harem of sorts (he's still a good parody writer, so that could be moot anyway) but no development since it came about. Aswell as that, thanks to a picture showing the characters in chibi form, including Urara and Dokurou before the former was even seen, we've yet to see Lune. So, to me, we've still got quite a bit ahead of us.
    This is a sig.

Fav anime/manga plus pairings:
    WORKING!! - SoutaxInami. SatoxYachiyo.
    The World God Only Knows - KeimaxChihiro.
    AnoHana - Well, the pairings happened anyway. Sad sad story.

Fav Characters: Keima Katsuragi. Chihiro Kosaka. Souta Takanawa. Mahiru Inami. Elsie. Shikamaru Nara. Popura Taneshima.
    It's not really in any particular order... and I'm sure I have atleast one name wrong :P

As much as I don't want the series to end, I think this would be (one of) the last arc(s) of the manga. We all have observed Keima changes bit by bit every time an event happens. And to me, he's slowly, but steadily, beginning to accept the shitty reality that he once despised. We can slowly see Keima changed, most obviously towards Elsie. He's beginning to treat her as his younger sister (but personally I want her to be his final heroine!!), being more responsible like a big brother. From their "date" at the amusement park to him protecting her in this arc once they confronted Vintage.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's going to end soon. There are still many "checkpoints" ahead, but the fact that all of the "unknown" parties involved are about to be revealed, namely Jupiter/Demeter, Lune, Elsie's sister, Akanemaru, etc., may mean something. Of course, this is just a hunch. Nonetheless, I think if the primary purpose of the manga is to show Keima's graduating from the gaming world, it's partially successful already. But if it's more for popularity concern, like Kanon or showing more girls, it still has a long way to go, for we readers always desire more!!

But who knows? Maybe after this whole arc, finishing off Vintage and such, for some random reason, every girl suddenly regains their memory, and thus a brand new (chaotic) arc of a truly harem series? Or something would happen once Keima dies (too much gaming god mode), and the battle between the Realms is triggered once again, because of his immense (2D) Love Power-Up? Or, (in my personal taste), another story of how Keima would realize the changes in the relationship between him and Elsie, and how they would overcome all obstacles to finally be together!
    "An imperfect reality, a perfect game." - Keima Katsuragi

Sagittarius Golden Saint SlashUC's Avatar

FROM1toN, you just said the perfect end to me.

Currently reading:

I recommend:

I'd love to hear suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by FROM1toN View Post
    I don't have any official information, but it feels to me like TWGOK may be winding down to a close.

Keima was very tired lately and he went through an emotional wringer. Remember, he was so worn out he actually got sick during the final goddess hunt. He tried to get back to 'normal' (for him) by playing games and not going to school. But that is when he neglects to eat, sleep, etc. Now he is depressed, too... he was sad he hurt Chihiro and he did not properly deal with that. He may even have been avoiding school to avoid seeing Chihiro.

So I don't think that this time travel arc will be the last. There will be 1 more, after he gets back. Once Vintage is defeated & the past/present have been healed, the spirits will be sealed away again, the goddesses will leave, & all the girls that had them will forget Keima again. His contract will be over, the collar will be gone, the demon girls will go back to hell & the only one left that will remember Keima is Chihiro.

I hope he will be polite & kind to her. I hope she will be understanding & forgiving to him. I hope she will comfort his heart. They will both be hurting in different ways, & they need each other. Even if he doesn't give up games, she will add something so special to his life. If they get together at last, that will be a good ending.
    That's like the perfect ending dude (tears of awe)

well FROM1toN's ending is good and all but I still think that there will be another are or arcs because I have a feeling that the goddesses or the chief knew something of high importance. I don't remember well the scenes but if I am not mistaken the chief sent keima a letter so that he will save dokouro right?. so even if keima were to stop vintage's plans doukouro who was needed by the chief has something to do in the future.( well if my memory was wrong about the chief wanting keima to rescue dokourou, I atleast have a feeling that dokourou has a purpose or task in the present so there will be another arc.)

*sorry if I have spelled some names wrong. it has been a while since I last read TWGOK =D

I think there's more Arcs ,at least (a very long) one, I don't think there will be more new capture targets (for me even urara was a surprise), But a lot of things are still a lot of mysteries than the "Travel" Arc can solve (like Elsie sister?). and This manga is full of surprises.

how many of you want keima to stop playing games at the end?
    I liked him the way he was at the beginning.

hmmm.... Why I think of Conan every time I see keima child form?
    Last edited by ahmadmanga; 03-24-2013 at 08:43 PM.

A Beautiful Cafe Maid

I hope that the author answwers all these questions like who Elsee's sister is and where Haqua was born and what happened to all the men in hell and why they were able to see ayumi's spirit the first time and not any of the others... but the author may just leave those as unresolved mysteries.

N3wb

Speaking of last arc, is it just me or have a couple chapters disappeared on here?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast