Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daddy switch

Default Daddy switch

what is it? does oga uses demonic power when he uses it or is it just his raw power?

Follower of the IPU Mr. HappyFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by advisory24 View Post
    what is it? does oga uses demonic power when he uses it or is it just his raw power?
    It got it's name because - "A parent will do anything to get their kids what they want". As for exactly what it is... I think it's essentially Oga just "trying a harder" (taking the piss out of most shounen manga where the characters start screaming about their resolve and nakama and whatever else).

It was all explained when he defeated Jabberwock like... 50 chapters ago or something.
    Last edited by Mr. HappyFace; 03-14-2013 at 09:13 AM.
    "And yay, when upon the damn heathens come fiery meatballs and little bits of sausage, and His noodly appendages touch all, to embrace some and indeed, destroy all else; that's when I'll make your damn colored lights you ungrateful little boy!!!" -Thomas Edison

is that a NINE (9)? what does that mean?

Manga addict on rehab

Quote Originally Posted by Manggager View Post
    is that a NINE (9)? what does that mean?
    No, it's the katakana symbol for the syllable DA.

and he combined it with super milk time to do the DA attack XD, I really love this manga hahahaha

One of The Followers Protoman.EXE's Avatar

I actually don't get what the Daddy Switch is someone explain it clearly please.

Daddy Switch

Aka: The Father Switch.

for more info, read the akumo academy arc.

One of The Followers Protoman.EXE's Avatar

I'm not asking you guys to refer me to previous chapters, I'm asking for a proper explanation.

Manga addict on rehab

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman.EXE View Post
    I'm not asking you guys to refer me to previous chapters, I'm asking for a proper explanation.
    Well, you could go to chapter 138, you know. It is easier than having everything dissected for you.

In any case, Oga used the Father Switch for the first time to defeat Jabberwock. Because the mangaka does not care much for fighting techniques, and spends a lot of time mocking them and the manga that use them, he doesn't really go at length explaining this one.

In Oga's own words, the Father Switch is a paternal motivation drive: if his brat's desires are not met, the proud parent will do whichever it takes to ensure they are. Lamia describes it as a testament to the combined growth, as a father and son pair, of Oga and Beel. In terms of power, Jabberwock and Oga describe it as "trying harder", but Oga does seem to become able to channel Beel's power more effectively if he activates the switch. However, this power boost manifests itself as pure brute strength instead of spells and emblems. Oga becomes faster, stronger and more resilient.

Toujou described it as Oga's fists becoming heavier due to his shouldering of responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. HappyFace View Post
    It got it's name because - "A parent will do anything to get their kids what they want". As for exactly what it is... I think it's essentially Oga just "trying a harder" (taking the piss out of most shounen manga where the characters start screaming about their resolve and nakama and whatever else).

It was all explained when he defeated Jabberwock like... 50 chapters ago or something.
    does that mean he does not use the power of beel?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast