Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ending soon?

N3wb

Default Ending soon?

How many of you guys think that the manga is close to ending? I mean, there isnt much more that could possibly happen. But if it does end, then it would truly be a loss of a really good series. I only wish that the anime had stuck more with the manga and kept going.

Has a Few Faves Omgitsstephaniiee's Avatar

On fujiwara Facebook she states that KWMS will end one day but at this moment she has no plans on ending it.

I think it's relatively close to ending. At the most, I could see another fifteen or so chapters, but, following this arc, there's really not much material left to cover, unless, of course, Fujiwara actually sheds the shoujo trappings and continues past their marriage, but I tend to doubt that ever happening except in a time-skip epilogue of some sort. I mean, aside from Usui and Misaki meeting his father, there are no other dramatic developments that have yet to occur. Usui and Misaki are deeply and permanently in love (close to being engaged as well, I assume), Usui is nearly done with bending to the Walker family's will, Hinata's completely out of the running and set to move on with Suzuna, and Tora's engaged to be married, thus destroying a triangle that never even began and has no place in the story anymore. Misaki's also reunited with her father and she's close to beginning college.

Plus, Usui and Misaki's romance has entered the willing-to-have-sex stage, so, as you mentioned, I just don't see much potential for satisfying progress in the story that involves anything but the conclusion to Misaki and Usui's relationship. Of course, that conclusion could and hopefully will last quite some time, but, beyond that, the story is naturally nearing it's end, and I hope and assume Fujiwara will realize that as well, since there's not much worse than a shoujo overstaying it's welcome with contrived drama and pointless complications. The last two arcs have actually showed signs that the story is starting to drag with ultimately trivial drama, but I can easily look past that if Fujiwara continues to progress Usui and Misaki's relationship as well as she always has. I'm personally hoping for another fifteen to twenty chapters (sans the useless Tora, of course), but anything past that would partially kill a story that has been surprisingly consistent and of high quality so far.

After all, IMO, a satisfying and well-timed conclusion to a shoujo is one the best ways to display it's excellence, so, even though I'd be sad that it's ending, I'd also realize that it's the best and most fulfilling course of action.

An Otaku with no life Manga Flipper's Avatar
    Anywhere where there's manga, anime and internet access

All Fujiwara has said is that the Walker family thing is the climatic arc and according to the pattern of plot it's rising action, climax, falling action, and ending.

Follow me on Tumblr for anime/manga, video games, fantasy, and comedic posts: norealimage.tumblr.com

Some Kind Of Queen Stefania-san's Avatar

On her Facebook, Hiro F. said that after this story arc, manga won't end.

The anime was of good quality too and I hope, if they ever make a sequel they will stay as near to the manga as possible. And I personally think that Fujiwara should not overindulge with the number of chapters because up to now, we did not have many filler chapters - and I do not want any of them. If she keeps doing like this, we will soon reach an end which is probably pretty welcomed too because nobody wants a good manga to become bad. I think Fujiwara knows that - Maid-sama is quite popular all over the world - and knows how to end this manga well.

Just to throw this out there. The other side of Usui's family could also come into play. Their school days are not yet over and could still push past that. Misaki's father has come back as well and that could spin into another arc. You also have to keep in mind Shintani as well. That could also spin into another arc. There are several ways it could go and I think most of them would be awesome. I enjoy what Hiro F. puts out.

i really love this manga
    and knowing that kwms soon in to ending its feels really sad..
    but i think that the writer will make a new and hilarious surprise for us
    and to think of it there are some mischiefs coming there way..
    just let US wait and see what will happen next..
    alexza

One of The Followers ProGoddess's Avatar

It does seem like the story is coming to an end. However, whether if the manga could continue or not, will depend on how the writer presents it. There are many potential stories of the various characters, like Misaki's family, the walker's family, etc. If their stories are presented well, the manga could continue for quite some time.
    Do you love me?

I seriously DONT THINK its gonna end anytime soon! I've read a lot of manga's and watched a lot of animes, and there are always time when you think its gonna end and something totally unexpected happens. Maybe something that hasn't even been introduced and i agree the the arcs about the dad and such may/probably happen.

But all in all this is way to popular to end soon.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast