Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ichigo 100% and GE - Good Ending

Default ichigo 100% and GE - Good Ending

I started reading this manga today and i am now up to chapter 109. after reading that chapter i feel like i cant continue anymore cause of the similarity of ichigo100. When i read ichigo it really messed up my mind... like really messed up haha...

so i just wanted to know if anyone was reminded of ichigo100 from this manga.

A Page Flipper

lol no, ichigo 100% is a lot more playful and 100000% more pure compared to GE. Ichigo 100% is in my opinion better than most romance mangas out there because of how deep and innocent it can be compared to all the other mangas. The only problem I had with Ichigo 100% is the ending in who manaka picked which sucked.

The Fallen God Solitary Fortress's Avatar

The only real similarities between this and Ichigo 100% are the hair color and styles of the 2 main girls, and the main characters have fairly similar personalities, aside from the terrible indecision of Manaka. Aside from that there's not much relation. Like netgames 2000 said, Ichigo 100% is much more pure and far less serious.

Ichigo 100% was by far a better read then this. This is nothing but agony and fear of how things wont work out. I honestly dropped this manga and Ill never read this to the end.

Not even near, bro.

Ichigo is, like already stated above, way more light-hearted. Just another pure and cute manga. I don't wanna give you any spoiler, but I can say to you that the ending in GE is more coherent than Ichigo's. When I read Ichigo 100%, I got this feeling that everything was leading me to believe that Manaka would end with this one girl, and then, NOPE! Really disappointing. That doesn't happen in GE.

Anyway, if you want a good romance manga with a somewhat deep drama (nothing near "Bitter Virgin" and such, though), read it, you won't regret it. However, if you want a cute manga with no drama, I don't really recommend GE.

Quote Originally Posted by Leulz View Post
    Not even near, bro.

Ichigo is, like already stated above, way more light-hearted. Just another pure and cute manga. I don't wanna give you any spoiler, but I can say to you that the ending in GE is more coherent than Ichigo's. When I read Ichigo 100%, I got this feeling that everything was leading me to believe that Manaka would end with this one girl, and then, NOPE! Really disappointing. That doesn't happen in GE.

Anyway, if you want a good romance manga with a somewhat deep drama (nothing near "Bitter Virgin" and such, though), read it, you won't regret it. However, if you want a cute manga with no drama, I don't really recommend GE.
    Bitter Virgin? Personaly I think its brilliant. Reflects real life quite accurately.
    Shows how love and caring can overcome the harshness of the world.
    Not that in a manga reality is top priority.
    In Ichigo 100% the story was a bit too much blueballing for my taste. But it is a shounen romance manga after all and it fills that genre perfectly that most mangas cant. It has an open relationship untill manaka chooses Nishino. I was Satisfied with it,though Kitaouji would have been the choice what all readers wanted, me including ^^ .. GE is somewhat similar to Kangoku Gakuen in my eyes. Was truly painfull to read. As I said I read tragedy and mature seinen mangas but GE was just simply a pain in the ass to read, I constantly got the feeling like I was on a boat and no land insight. Just pain after pain,& dissapointment guided him to depression. The comedy&jokes did not take away the tension and fear of him beeing alone again,the artist didnt put enough breather in so the story and readers could relax a bit. Thats why its overall quite the stressfull read. Some people like it, I dont. The art is good though.
    Last edited by Ishtelte; 03-25-2013 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishtelte View Post
    Bitter Virgin? Personaly I think its brilliant. Reflects real life quite accurately.
    Shows how love and caring can overcome the harshness of the world.
    Not that in a manga reality is top priority.
    In Ichigo 100% the story was a bit too much blueballing for my taste. But it is a shounen romance manga after all and it fills that genre perfectly that most mangas cant. It has an open relationship untill manaka chooses Nishino. I was Satisfied with it,though Kitaouji would have been the choice what all readers wanted, me including ^^ .. GE is somewhat similar to Kangoku Gakuen in my eyes. Was truly painfull to read. As I said I read tragedy and mature seinen mangas but GE was just simply a pain in the ass to read, I constantly got the feeling like I was on a boat and no land insight. Just pain after pain,& dissapointment guided him to depression. The comedy&jokes did not take away the tension and fear of him beeing alone again,the artist didnt put enough breather in so the story and readers could relax a bit. Thats why its overall quite the stressfull read. Some people like it, I dont. The art is good though.
    I mentioned Bitter Virgin because I was comparing the drama-level in GE to the one in BV. BV has a much stronger drama, and it also has a better development at that. GE becomes boring in the middle of the reading, because, as you've said, it's the same thing over and over and over again.

"Oh, seems like Seiji will be able to be a happy person!"
    VUAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHH, DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
    "Nevermind."
    (Lather, rinse and repeat indefinetely).

I don't find GE a particularly amazing manga, but Kurokawa is an all-around good character. To be honest, she was the only reason I was able to finish reading GE.

Btw, I rooted for Aya when I first read Ichigo 100%.

Oh, and since we're talking about drama mangas, ever read the Deep Love series? Now that's some pretty harsh reality being thrown in your face. While you're on fire. And with and advanced-stage pneumonia. And AIDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Leulz View Post
    I mentioned Bitter Virgin because I was comparing the drama-level in GE to the one in BV. BV has a much stronger drama, and it also has a better development at that. GE becomes boring in the middle of the reading, because, as you've said, it's the same thing over and over and over again.

"Oh, seems like Seiji will be able to be a happy person!"
    VUAAAAAAAAAAASHHHHH, DRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
    "Nevermind."
    (Lather, rinse and repeat indefinetely).

I don't find GE a particularly amazing manga, but Kurokawa is an all-around good character. To be honest, she was the only reason I was able to finish reading GE.

Btw, I rooted for Aya when I first read Ichigo 100%.

Oh, and since we're talking about drama mangas, ever read the Deep Love series? Now that's some pretty harsh reality being thrown in your face. While you're on fire. And with and advanced-stage pneumonia. And AIDS.
    Bitter Virgin is great, it was a good read from the beginning to the very end.

About Ichigo 100%, I should've done what you did, I wasn't fond of any character other than Aya. In fact, I hated the Junpei, Nishino and pretty much all other supporting characters, the only thing that made me through the whole thing is that now I can talk badly of this with knowledge to support me and to prove it wasn't stronger than me (KimiMachi was stronger apparently since I've dropped it.)

I don't really like Deep Love series, it's like drama in the beginning but after a while you notice it's just a pile of coincidences of the worst possible outcomes for every single scenario the characters go through making the drama lose its strength, still worth the read because of schadenfreud.
    Last edited by NeverSleep; 04-07-2013 at 08:54 AM.

Ichigo 100% was very light and more comedic. The ending was more of a surprise to me when it ended because that was the first time i read a manga where the main boy and girl didn't end up together. GE is kinda gloomy and very frustrating all the way until the last few chapters. Bitter Virgin made me shed manly tears.

i dont think that the manga has a resemblance to ichigo 100.... GE is all about having sex and all thing.... its too different to ichigo 100 because the ichigo100 is about the dream and the story is better for me....in utsumi has only two lover not like manaka that has 4 girls that is going after manaka but in GE utsumi follow only one girl at a time( and no one is going for utsumi but its the other way around where utsumi always follow the girl ).. i think its too different... for me ichigo 100 is better and i dont have an idea for bitter virgin....
    also for me ichigo100 has a better development of each character that in the GE where i got bored because of repeating break up.... maybe GE will be a bit better if tooru shows while utsumi and yuki is still dating.... also its better if utsumi has become more addicted to picture and not just a past time.... for me ichigo 100 is in another step than GE... ( ONLY FOR MY POINT OF VIEW )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast