Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Is the manga sooo worse than the anime/LN?

  1. #1
    Shadok Censored's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    414

    Default Is the manga sooo worse than the anime/LN?

    For a while I've seen SAO being one of the top ranked manga with only 11 chapters, curious I finally decided to read it and... well... I'm seriously disappointed. The story is good but ridiculously undeveloped. I mean... I know that this is annoying when two characters need ten volumes to kiss but going from "I almost know nothing about you" to "We are a married couple with a child" in 50 pages is a bit too much. Same thing for the story ending in a way that looks like someone threatened to kill the author if he didn't ended the series in two chapters. The can be deemed correct depending on you tastes but you can't honestly say it's outstanding. Surely if I were to note this manga I wouldn't give it more than 5/10.

    I've read the posts of some other people stating their own disappointment and came to wonder if, although the manga is mediocre at best the anime/LN would be worth watching/reading. So could someone who watched/read one or the other tell me about there quality and the differences between the three versions. My main question being : is the action so absurdly fast-paced in the other media or do we get a little character development?

  2. #2
    One of The Followers
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    118

    Default

    The manga is pretty bad, but it is basically the same story as the original light novel. It was written with a page limit, so it indeed just ends prematurely, and has a massive time skip. The succeeding volumes and side stories flesh out the initial volume more (as seen in half the first arc of the anime) Much of the build up in kirito and asuna's relationship takes place off camera even then, and will until the reboot of the first arc is completed.

    The light novel of course has the most character development of any of the mediums, being both the original and a written format. The manga has the worst in terms of character development art and content. The anime falls somewhere in the middle.

  3. #3
    A Page Flipper
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Manga is so horrible and waaay behind. Its much worse than anime and LN. They should get a new artist. Those drawings are awful.

    IMO Anime was quite good and had some nice animations. I loved Asuna in the anime but hated her in manga because she appeared so annoying.

    I would suggest to read the light novel after watching the anime because the anime is completed but leaves soo much out (including character development) and LN is still ongoing.

  4. #4
    Member #0 .Cierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Heat Haze
    Posts
    253

    Default

    i agree with you people... =.= i'm disappointed with the manga.
    First of all, the art is pretty bad, it needs more character development, and there's not enough feels :|

    the LN and anime are great, but the manga is terrible in my opinion..


    Quote Originally Posted by fallup View Post

    IMO Anime was quite good and had some nice animations. I loved Asuna in the anime but hated her in manga because she appeared so annoying.
    couldn't agree more. Asuna is annoying here like one of those typical dense girls in shoujo mangas. she's awesome in the anime, but she's annoying in the manga :|

    ■■■ Guns and Bullets awesome setto by Arkee ♥ Fact File List Storage Gallery ■■■


  5. #5
    N3wb
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default

    man... im finishing the anime soon. checked out the manga and i must say the art is horrendous!!!!!!!

    im going for the LN, after i'm done with the anime.

  6. #6
    livin for the drama lalatitiR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    313

    Default

    it's the first time I found myself saying that the manga itself was inadequete in comparison to the anime (this so never happens I'm totally astonished). The drawings seemed kinda rushed as well.
    Hey guys I don't know if this is spam or not (I'm not selling anything), but if you're in need of good music to listen to while you read some manga a friend of mine writes and produces his own music for fun, check him out, it's very chill and mellow .

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4kM_iGYYKk

  7. #7
    Starting the Path to Legendary dan78's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,265

    Default

    hate the manga but loved the anime until ep14-15. the whole elfen arc made the main heroine into a damsel in distress (wich i hate) and made me feel realy sad for his sister (wich i also hate).
    i wont read the LN since the anime had a decent ending (wich is freaking rare).

  8. #8
    Member #0 .Cierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Heat Haze
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan78 View Post
    hate the manga but loved the anime until ep14-15. the whole elfen arc made the main heroine into a damsel in distress (wich i hate) and made me feel realy sad for his sister (wich i also hate).
    i wont read the LN since the anime had a decent ending (wich is freaking rare).
    ^ i second this. c'mon! from the ever so brave heroine Asuna, she became a helpless damsel in distress :|
    she was the sub leader of the strongest guild, the only girl in the front lines, and yeah; she's really strong! as you can see in episode 11 from all that, she falls to being Titania .. Sugo's helpless little Titania .. though she have her reasons why she didn't fight back. but still. it's disappointing.
    and also that love thing with Leafa/Suguha. that was just crazy.

    i still love SAO tho, it will always be my fave anime ~
    but the manga is .. oh why did the manga fail this bad
    (╯°□°)╯

    ■■■ Guns and Bullets awesome setto by Arkee ♥ Fact File List Storage Gallery ■■■


  9. #9
    ひばり恭弥 ♥ xAiichanx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    素晴らしい世界。
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciєʀʀα View Post
    ^ i second this. c'mon! from the ever so brave heroine Asuna, she became a helpless damsel in distress :|
    she was the sub leader of the strongest guild, the only girl in the front lines, and yeah; she's really strong! as you can see in episode 11 from all that, she falls to being Titania .. Sugo's helpless little Titania .. though she have her reasons why she didn't fight back. but still. it's disappointing.
    and also that love thing with Leafa/Suguha. that was just crazy.

    i still love SAO tho, it will always be my fave anime ~
    but the manga is .. oh why did the manga fail this bad
    (╯°□°)╯
    eventough you said that manga is really bad IRONICALLY this manga is ranked 41st
    in mangafox.So ironic and freakin overrated ,remember it's art and plot compared to
    another manga ..this manga is really meh =="

  10. #10
    Member #0 .Cierra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Heat Haze
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xAiichanx View Post
    eventough you said that manga is really bad IRONICALLY this manga is ranked 41st
    in mangafox.So ironic and freakin overrated ,remember it's art and plot compared to
    another manga ..this manga is really meh =="
    ikr? the manga is overrated .A.
    before reading the manga: oh cool! the SAO manga is one of the top manga here
    after reading the manga: oh why is this manga in the top 50? such a disgrace.

    the art and the flow of the story is a big fail.
    anime and LN for the win!
    (╯^-^)╯

    ■■■ Guns and Bullets awesome setto by Arkee ♥ Fact File List Storage Gallery ■■■


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •