Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TWGOK Weekly Shounen Sunday and Tankoubon Chapter Differences

Default TWGOK Weekly Shounen Sunday and Tankoubon Chapter Differences

WARNING!!
    SPOILER ALERT!!
    READ THE WHOLE CHAPTERS FIRST BEFORE CHECKING THESE OUT!!

This is just something I did in my spare time for the love and the heck of it, glad I finally finished it, hope this doesn't violate any existing rules.
    Without further ado, I present to you, the differences between The World God Only Knows Weekly Shounen Sunday and Tankoubon chapters:

Volume 1:

Volume 2:

Volume 3:

Volume 4:

Volume 5:

Volume 6:

Volume 7:

Volume 8:

Volume 9:

Volume 10:
    Last edited by murasui; 12-24-2013 at 04:59 AM.

Volume 11:

Volume 12:

Volume 13:

Volume 14:

Volume 15:

Volume 16:

Volume 17:

Volume 18:

Volume 19:

Volume 20:
    Last edited by murasui; 12-24-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Volume 21:

Volume 22:

Volume 23:

Volume 24:

Volume 25:

Notes:
    - I tried my best in order to explain all of the above with my limited capability of conveying things, and I apologize in advance if there's inconsistencies, mistranslations, or if I couldn't exactly elaborate the changes to everyone's understanding. If it's still come to this, reading the actual Tankoubon wouldn't hurt.

- To prevent confusion, the page numbers I put above DO include cover and information pages from the magazine, i.e. the numbering follows magazine pages' pattern but DO NOT include any credit pages, and numbering for a double-page goes into each page, i.e. double-page counts as two pages, not one.

- Quite a few of some panel's regular line changed into dashed line in Tankoubon, frequently occurred on earlier chapters/volumes, but I won't put them here, have fun finding them.

- If there's no mention above about something that should be fixed, e.g. Chihiro's choker at rooftop event, or Tenri's forgotten sleeves when she pulls the floor tile at the theater in her original arc, that means even in Tankoubon the author and his staffs forgot to fix it. Double-checked myself.

- If I missed something or am mistaken, kindly pm me for an update, thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trivias:
    1. What's the first name of Tenri's mother?
    2. What's the name of Keima's former neighbour (before Tenri moved in)?
    3. What's the name of the girl who was sitting in front of Chihiro in the opening chapter of Kanon's arc?
    4. How many times has Keima been mounted--for a considerable amount of time, not just an instant, three panels minimum--by the girls? And by whom?
    5. How many times has Keima's bed hair been touched by other person? And by whom?
    Last edited by murasui; 03-25-2014 at 03:24 AM.

Damn, that is awesome...

Didn't notice some of them before.
    Mangas I am currently enjoying or have enjoyed:
    ドラえもん
    ポケットモンスターSPECIAL
    名探偵コナン
    神のみぞ知るセカイ
    らき☆すた
    INITIAL D

I do have a MyAnimeList account, but I am usually too lazy to maintain it...

A Beautiful Cafe Maid

Murasui! I am amazed. What a labor of love! I salute you as a true fan!

Thanks for mentioning the things they didn't fix. It makes me wonder if the collar on Chihiro WAS a mistake. (Her legs missing always bothered me.) I wish I had the tankoubon to read.

Trivia...

#1, Mrs. Ayukawa!

#4, at least two girls that I can think of... wasn't it Tenri and Haqua when the was in he game library after they were rescued from the bottle Fiore put them in? I should read that again.

OTOH, there was that time that Chihiro "knocked him down and beat him to the floor", when she didn't want Yuuta to see them. She wrapped her legs around him and squeezed the breath out of him to keep him quiet; no doubt something she subconsciously wanted to do all along.

And I'm not sure it counts, but the time Keima tackled Elsee so that they fell in the water from the big rock where they saw the Vintage and all the level 4 spirits. At least they were horizontal, even if they were not on the ground.

Note that while Yui spoke of working out so that she could carry Keima bridal style at ther wedding, Tenri/Diana are the only ones that have actually done that, right as they escaped from the vices in the cave.

That was an excellant undertaking Murasui, thankyou very much. Always interesting to see any revisions and any implications these might have. VERY interesting in not 'fixing' Chihiro's choker, as I would have thought that one would have DEFINATELY been accounted for, considering, atleast on these forums, how easily it was picked out and the subsequent discussions.

But yeah, very much appreciated the work. It was very easily conveyed, very easy to understand, by the way! So, thanks again ^^.
    This is a sig.

Fav anime/manga plus pairings:
    WORKING!! - SoutaxInami. SatoxYachiyo.
    The World God Only Knows - KeimaxChihiro.
    AnoHana - Well, the pairings happened anyway. Sad sad story.

Fav Characters: Keima Katsuragi. Chihiro Kosaka. Souta Takanawa. Mahiru Inami. Elsie. Shikamaru Nara. Popura Taneshima.
    It's not really in any particular order... and I'm sure I have atleast one name wrong :P

Well, I guess I don't have to commend you any more about the awesomeness of your work, right ? Just kidding, you should really give yourself a pat on your shoulder, murasui (Is this the right phrase?) . You worked hard for this, didn't you ?

I sometimes how you can come up with those questions, you really have a unique mindset there.

Question 3: Eh? The one sitting in front of Chihiro is a girl ? According to this and this one (sorry, I wonder why I can't find the link on mangafox...), it seems that the one we know so far that's also in Chihiro's line is Mobuko, which is 1 seat away from her. Maybe my eyesight is bad, but that one seems to be an unknown male student to me, unless we have another cross-dresser in the class.

Question 5:
    Elsie(1) . Gosh, I love her pose in the page after!

Since you narrowed down the category, I haven't found any other situations out there, but I'll surely come back later and search for more!
    Last edited by D47.Biryu; 03-14-2013 at 04:01 PM.
    "An imperfect reality, a perfect game." - Keima Katsuragi

hmm Interesting, I had to grab my own tankoubons to confirm, but its seems that you are correct good sir. Although its expected, when a manga goes from the magazine to tankoubon, the mangaka has a chance to fix any mistakes or inconsistencys that may have slip by the editor and made its way to the magazine

Quote Originally Posted by mwzzhang View Post
    Damn, that is awesome...

Didn't notice some of them before.
    I was surprised as well after witnessing so many changes especially in the latest volumes...

Quote Originally Posted by FROM1toN View Post
    Murasui! I am amazed. What a labor of love! I salute you as a true fan!

Thanks for mentioning the things they didn't fix. It makes me wonder if the collar on Chihiro WAS a mistake. (Her legs missing always bothered me.) I wish I had the tankoubon to read.

Trivia...

#1, Mrs. Ayukawa!

#4, at least two girls that I can think of... wasn't it Tenri and Haqua when the was in he game library after they were rescued from the bottle Fiore put them in? I should read that again.

OTOH, there was that time that Chihiro "knocked him down and beat him to the floor", when she didn't want Yuuta to see them. She wrapped her legs around him and squeezed the breath out of him to keep him quiet; no doubt something she subconsciously wanted to do all along.

And I'm not sure it counts, but the time Keima tackled Elsee so that they fell in the water from the big rock where they saw the Vintage and all the level 4 spirits. At least they were horizontal, even if they were not on the ground.

Note that while Yui spoke of working out so that she could carry Keima bridal style at ther wedding, Tenri/Diana are the only ones that have actually done that, right as they escaped from the vices in the cave.
    Thanks and you're welcome, FROM1toN!
    For Chihiro's choker, if you ask me, surely it was a mistake that they didn't fix; Thus not implying anything whatsoever.
    As for the Tankoubon, I'm not heavily suggesting this, but if you want to read some just in case, I could PM you for a link.
    #1, FOUL! Her first name, please, heheh.
    #4, Umm, how should I put it to describe "mounting"... It involves a position in such a manner of Keima willingly or unwillingly resides below the girl's body, for a considerable amount of time, with a minimum length of three panels (revised). So you might reconsider your answers...or not?

Quote Originally Posted by McDreich View Post
    That was an excellant undertaking Murasui, thankyou very much. Always interesting to see any revisions and any implications these might have. VERY interesting in not 'fixing' Chihiro's choker, as I would have thought that one would have DEFINATELY been accounted for, considering, atleast on these forums, how easily it was picked out and the subsequent discussions.

But yeah, very much appreciated the work. It was very easily conveyed, very easy to understand, by the way! So, thanks again ^^.
    Thanks for the kind words and you are very welcome, McDreich!
    As for Chihiro's choker, you could see my reply to FROM1toN, but yeah, although I haven't joined the forums at the time that chapter was released, I actually read the entire posts regarding that matter. And it is perpetually fun to imagine how this lovely girl would make an appearance later in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by D47.Biryu View Post
    Well, I guess I don't have to commend you any more about the awesomeness of your work, right ? Just kidding, you should really give yourself a pat on your shoulder, murasui (Is this the right phrase?) . You worked hard for this, didn't you ?

I sometimes how you can come up with those questions, you really have a unique mindset there.
    As I've said above, I did this all in my spare time, and if it's concerning this series, I would say that this is a result that comes out from having fun instead of a hard work.

Question 3: Eh? The one sitting in front of Chihiro is a girl ? According to this and this one (sorry, I wonder why I can't find the link on mangafox...), it seems that the one we know so far that's also in Chihiro's line is Mobuko, which is 1 seat away from her. Maybe my eyesight is bad, but that one seems to be an unknown male student to me, unless we have another cross-dresser in the class.
    Uhm, I believe that page is of no concern. I would ask you to meticulously read the question again, if you please, especially that part mentioning "opening chapter of Kanon's arc".

Question 5: If you count the times that Mari and Keima bath together when he was young, the answer would be innumerable! Jokes aside, you can count those times as his bed hair being touched (so far I've only worked at the first 90 chapters, but I'll come back later on).

Again, please read the question thoroughly, it is his bed hair which always sticks out that is the subject of the inquiry; So you might want to reconsider rounding down some of your answers there...

Quote Originally Posted by MitchDJohn View Post
    hmm Interesting, I had to grab my own tankoubons to confirm, but its seems that you are correct good sir. Although its expected, when a manga goes from the magazine to tankoubon, the mangaka has a chance to fix any mistakes or inconsistencys that may have slip by the editor and made its way to the magazine
    Thank you, fellow good sir. Yes, it is as what you're saying, for some cases like missing or misplacing some supposed details, but let's talk specific, any thoughts of some abrupt changes, e.g. the scenes of Ayumi's reconquer, especially the lines? Or how Tenri's clothes has been changed every so often? Perhaps this is an inside matter the author and the staffs only know, but I can't seem to relinquish my curiosity.

A Beautiful Cafe Maid

Sorry, murasui, I was only joking...! I don't recall that Mrs. Ayukawa's first name was used anywhere.

And I know there were other times when various girls climbed on top of Keima... there was even one time when Keima said, "Stop mounting me!" but I don't recall the chapter. I'd have to go back and read them all.

I still wonder about Chihiro's collar, though.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast