Thread: The Visual Novel itself...

Default The Visual Novel itself...

uh i'm wondering, is there a complete or semi-complete translation for the visual novel? i have the game, but i don't understand Japanese, and i REALLY want to "play" the vn, they said it was good, if not, better than the manga

N3wb

There's this (amazing) person who's been translating the routes. So far they completed Ivan's route and Giulio's is being translated currently. Here it is. It's not allowed to be made into a patch or anything, but they has the pictures and everything for it so I'm fine with reading it. Warning it's not NSFW at certain points, but they label and warn you when those chapters come up.

the one mentioned above is really nice to read
    There is another one by koori_no_kokoro on LJ - she has translated almost all of it (bernardo's route is still incomplete ) and even some of the extra stuff.
    Her sentence strukture isn't quite as good as terracanon's though...

still, many thanks to both of them!!!!

(If you google Lucky Dog 1 translations, you'll find both of them)

the VN is a BL game, right? i haven't played it yet but whenever i play a japanes visual novel game i need to use three other programs along with it.. (1) Interactive text hooker - this program extracts the text from the game (2) translation aggregator (3) ATLAS - a program that translates japanese to english and vice versa.. it's pretty tricky and difficult to understand at first but there are tutorials on how to use those programs.. the translations provided are not exactly pleasing to read but it's enough to give me an idea on what is going on in the game

I've played the visual novel and it's awesome. :3

Yupz, Lucky Dog 1 game is so interesting! I love the seiyuu, they fit well into character.
    Well, to be honest, at first I though Gian's voice is bit strange, but as time pass, it actually really suit Gian.
    I love playing every route, it's totally worth your time!
    I understand some japanese, though I can't understand it fully, but thanks to the audio, I could say I get at least 60% of it.

And the fan disc : Gian Carlo's Lucky Happy Life, is really fun to play too! It can get frustrating to get the specific scene you are looking for (since this time it's depend on you luck, not your choice) but overall I enjoy it.

One of The Followers Chaos Chains's Avatar

Waah! I'm so jealous of you guys who has the game T_T I've looked everywhere within my parameters but I guess the game is not available in our country .. If possible... only IF .. Is there any way I can play it? Like download it online? But I'm scared coz it may be illegal and all..
    "I'm not getting enough credit for managing not to be a violent psychopath..."

A Page Flipper

I saw Terra and koori_no_kokoro's translations. I'm reading Koori's translation of Luchino's route and Terra's translation of Ivan's & Giulio's routes. I'm so grateful for their hard work <3 However, neither of them did Bernardo's route and Terra said she'll probably take 1-1.5 years to complete his route after wrapping up Giulio :( So does anyone know where else I can find a translation of his route? Thanks!

*Also, on a slightly unrelated note, does anyone know of any translations for other bl games? In particular, Omerta Chinmoku no Okite and others. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Aseria; 05-12-2013 at 08:30 PM.

I've searched quite a bit and I believe those two translations are the only ones available...
    That's so sad because I really like Bernardo!

But you could always use ATLAS like enaid626 said.... It's abit of a pain though, so I'm a bit too lazy for that (haha)

A Page Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by Mangafee View Post
    I've searched quite a bit and I believe those two translations are the only ones available...
    That's so sad because I really like Bernardo!

But you could always use ATLAS like enaid626 said.... It's abit of a pain though, so I'm a bit too lazy for that (haha)
    Aww I see, thanks though And yeah, I know of ATLAS, but the I`ve heard the translation`s really hard to even comprehend, and it seems so complicated too.. well, i guess i`d have to wait a long time for bernardo`s route then (and hope that my interest in the game doesnt fade )