Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Spirit King?

Default The Spirit King?

who is and what is his role in the story....characters have been talking in the anime about the spirit king but what is the purpose of him...is he gonna join the battle ???? or is he gonna just sit there and wait for Shinigami to handle it?????

what do you think guys???

Well, his role has commented to hold the balance of the worlds together or something to this extent. At least hold together the Soul Society as a 'keystone'.

If his name is any indication, he is the "King of Spirits/Souls" and also he has the ability to imbue people with the power of 100,000 souls.

I doubt he will just sit there but I do not think he will fight, Squad Zero will probably do that for him..

In words of Kisuke Urahara...

Before he acts, he has the whole SS to do stuff for him, when everything else fails, thats when he will start moving; I guess.

A Page Flipper

I may have missed something obvious but, for a moment I thought the king of souls was a female. Skinny looking shadow when s/he got shown when Tenjiru (I think?) said " I could see why the king of souls would fall for him". Can't recall the exact chapter but it's around the part where Ichigo leaves Tenjiru's place.

EDIT -

Post above me kinda makes this theory allot less likely, but then again more individuals got refferred to as "He" wich later turned out to be a "She". And yet another obvious thing I just thought off, if it was a female it'd be " Queen of Souls"

Ignore my foolishness.
    Last edited by Druzo; 02-05-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Druzo View Post
    I may have missed something obvious but, for a moment I thought the king of souls was a female. Skinny looking shadow when s/he got shown when Tenjiru (I think?) said " I could see why the king of souls would fall for him". Can't recall the exact chapter but it's around the part where Ichigo leaves Tenjiru's place.
    King of Souls is a male, and what's more the Japanese a very specific when it comes to identifying gender. 霊王Spirit King. 霊姫 Spirit Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Druzo View Post
    EDIT -

Post above me kinda makes this theory allot less likely, but then again more individuals got refferred to as "He" wich later turned out to be a "She". And yet another obvious thing I just thought off, if it was a female it'd be " Queen of Souls"

Ignore my foolishness.
    Exactly. And also, Tenjiro said; "Even I know that the Soul King has taken an interest in him." Not fallen for him.

I think he'll take action or do something at some point in this final arc. Until then though he has the whole of Soul Society and the Royal Guard at his command. So until they all fall chances are he won't do much.
    If home is where the heart is, why do I feel so f*cking heartless?

Close your eyes, and dive into the night,
    So many dreams you've had, as long as your heart was beating fast,
    Now drowning in the tears, your friends and family,
    Have shed when they were standing at your grave.

I always thought that, had azien been successful at the winter war and did make his way to the soul society, he would of been taken down by the royal guards and soul king as well!

Soul King might be like Yujiro Hanma or Hayato furinji in a sense that he is the final boss of the series. I say that because there is a chance that he maybe getting annoyed to hell with the reality of the bleach universe and might just become the final villain

Level One Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by AzlanWake View Post
    who is and what is his role in the story....characters have been talking in the anime about the spirit king but what is the purpose of him...is he gonna join the battle ???? or is he gonna just sit there and wait for Shinigami to handle it?????

what do you think guys???
    The Soul King has something planned for Ichigo

Probably he/shes gonna give some power to ichigo. lol

Has a Few Faves

Nope, imo ichigo will fight vs soul king after he learns truth about himself, and will come to thinking that he doesnt want such unfairness to continue, that not-acting will lead only to despair (kinda main point of boring fullbring arc).

It was asked why Aizen did not just stomp with illusions all gotei 13... If he did it, squad 0 would have came and owned him. So firstly, he needed to get more powerfull, and also learn how far his power can reach, for that sake he kinda wanted to use ichigo. But... I dont think he overdid it, imo he even wanted ichigo to get stronger than him, coz, why would he start to act so strange, and unlike-him after transforming into Butterfly?

Well, we will see

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast