Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Find Usui Contest

Default Find Usui Contest

Fujiwara-sensei posted this on her facebook account...

"Maid Sama! vol.16 was released today in Japan.

A video showing footage of the photo shoot and creation of the poster for the "Find Usui! Contest," which was created to promote this latest volume of the comic, has been added to the official website. Depending on your computer you may not be able to view it, but those running Windows should not have any problems. Please check it out!"

http://www.hakusensha.co.jp/maidsama...grandprix.html

I posted it here just in case someone is interested about it.

Wow, thank you!

thanx for the link
    i see the poster..
    but there are something missing about the poster
    i think they didn't capture the character that well.
    alexza

N3wb

Quote Originally Posted by alexza_zakura View Post
    thanx for the link
    i see the poster..
    but there are something missing about the poster
    i think they didn't capture the character that well.
    . I agree much!

thanx -mArYjAfIt
    i want a misaki with a very strong personality
    alexza

I hope i'm not the only one who thinks cosplay usually ruins the characters looks. Manga characters have their own unique looks, and don't get me wrong I LOVE real girls, but I could never find a cosplayer as attractive as the person they are dressing up as.
    Manga I have Read:

First Manga I read:

I saw this on her Twitter too, it seems interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Spawn466 View Post
    I hope i'm not the only one who thinks cosplay usually ruins the characters looks. Manga characters have their own unique looks, and don't get me wrong I LOVE real girls, but I could never find a cosplayer as attractive as the person they are dressing up as.
    I do agree with you, but only to a point. This cosplay isn't as good as some cosplay out there, but it wasn't terrible. I'm rooting for a live-action movie for KWMS. I'm amazed at most anime/manga to (Japanese) live action adaptions. The characters look so much like the characters, and it doesn't ruin them. It makes the characters look real, like they are in many readers' heads.

Quote Originally Posted by marshmallow49 View Post
    I do agree with you, but only to a point. This cosplay isn't as good as some cosplay out there, but it wasn't terrible. I'm rooting for a live-action movie for KWMS. I'm amazed at most anime/manga to (Japanese) live action adaptions. The characters look so much like the characters, and it doesn't ruin them. It makes the characters look real, like they are in many readers' heads.
    I guess everyone has their own opinions. I believe a 2D character is what makes a manga. And I haven't seen any of the live action movies, but from the trailers, I really could care less about the acting/adaptation of the character...as long as they don't look/remind me of the manga character, it ruins it for me.
    Manga I have Read:

First Manga I read:

A Page Flipper

I do think that the poster does not sufficiently capture the image of the characters. Personally, it seems to me that the guy playing Usui there gives off this I'm-sexy-and-I-know-it vibe; whereas the real Usui is quite indifferent. Also, he is probably not tall enough - quite different from the image of Usui in my head with his sexy body, if you get what I mean As for Misaki, the girl they chose there only gives off this cute image, whereas the real Misaki has quite a foxy smile (if you look at the manga cover). I'd rather that they didn't make a live-action version of Maid-sama, even with real actors. I can't stand the thought of the perfect Usui ruined by some overly-dramatized acting (as they tend to do in 'kawaii' adaptation of mangas) and awkward kissing scenes.

KYAAAH! Lol! I like the poster but I also feel that there's something missing! hehe
    anyway, in the last picture, there is a picture of a certain manga! Do you know what manga is this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast