Thread: nen abilities

someone who still cries over yuuko's death all.manga's Avatar

Default nen abilities

greetings, this is my second time reading HxH, and this came to me while reading the arc of G.I.
    ok, so i saw that other thread talking about the types of nen, but is kind of boring saying just the type... so this thread is going to be about the abilities nen skills!! i think that there must be another kind of thread like this somewhere on the net, but it takes too much time to look for it, so i'm posting a new one. well, now let's get to the real deal:
    mine one would be a little complicated... let's suppose that you see a huge monster, if i'm stronger than it, i could have it's soul...
    the condition is that i have to be stronger than it/him/her. after causing some damage to he/she/it i can transforme it's soul into a card. than when i need it's straight i just call it, and from the card the soul comes back, but only it's soul, once i take the soul from ones body, ones body is dead.
    i know that some might say that the ability is useless, but i don't want to the soul fight for me, i want it to be my support, to fight WITH me. plus in my imagination the soul will never get old, neither it will catch some kind of disease, so i'm not actually taking lives, i'm giving immortality for the lucky ones...
    errr... i think this ability requires some manipulation and materialization... i don't really know...
    (>_<)/ thanks for replying to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by all.manga View Post
    greetings, this is my second time reading HxH, and this came to me while reading the arc of G.I.
    ok, so i saw that other thread talking about the types of nen, but is kind of boring saying just the type... so this thread is going to be about the abilities nen skills!! i think that there must be another kind of thread like this somewhere on the net, but it takes too much time to look for it, so i'm posting a new one. well, now let's get to the real deal:
    mine one would be a little complicated... let's suppose that you see a huge monster, if i'm stronger than it, i could have it's soul...
    the condition is that i have to be stronger than it/him/her. after causing some damage to he/she/it i can transforme it's soul into a card. than when i need it's straight i just call it, and from the card the soul comes back, but only it's soul, once i take the soul from ones body, ones body is dead.
    i know that some might say that the ability is useless, but i don't want to the soul fight for me, i want it to be my support, to fight WITH me. plus in my imagination the soul will never get old, neither it will catch some kind of disease, so i'm not actually taking lives, i'm giving immortality for the lucky ones...
    errr... i think this ability requires some manipulation and materialization... i don't really know...
    like catching a pokemon haha. not bad, then it may be categorized as specialization...
    My Top 8:
    1. Tower of God
    2. Kingdom
    3. Daiya no A
    4. Hunter x Hunter
    5. Kekkaishi
    6. Slam Dunk
    7. Onepunch-man
    8. History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi

Has a Few Faves

Quote Originally Posted by all.manga View Post
    It looks like an Specialization ability, plus Manipulation and Materialization. Since you can only catch beings weaker than you, maybe it's not that good, depending on how you define weaker. If it's just by aura or combat capacity, then you could catch all the characters with little aura and tricky abilities and make a good business.

I'd make a Transmutation ability, giving my aura some of the properties of sea water. The catch of the ability would be the ability to "swim" in the air, really swimming inside of my aura, also using water attacks making it follow my movement and increasing its pressure. The aura could progressively expand to allow more height and/or to surround the enemy. As a more advanced technique with a little of Materialization, the aura would become a liquid that increases its depth, so if a surface it's wet with my aura, things would start to go down like if they were in a lake. The depth starts as a spilled cup of water and eventually become like the middle of the sea. If the water's depth is reduced to regain aura, things submerged inside it would start to surface. As a final catch with Reinforcement, increase my own respiratory capacity, and the ability to move inside water almost at the same level than in land. Of course making my aura liquid would be the base technique, and the other ones techniques developed after training more and having a bigger aura.

someone who still cries over yuuko's death all.manga's Avatar

wow, that is so cool... your transmutation ability is so much cooler than my 'pokemon ability', (haha, like xineohP-san said)!!!! i'm just a bit sad cause even if dream the most awesomes powers in the world, in this world it won't be real T-T. (´o`)-3 sight*
    oh, thanks again for answering my thread!! arigatou xineohP-san and endlessorcerer-san