Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Aomine vs Akashi

This is Japanese lunch time rush! blackrock98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
    No and no. Akashi did not say that, Aomine did, and not about the failed meteor jam, but about the ankle break after that.
    http://mangafox.me/manga/kuroko_no_b...D/c234/18.html

After the jam Kagami not only remained in the zone, but thought everything would have been fine if he used another shot. His spirit would have "wavered" much more from a clear loss of falling for the emperor's eye directly (as it did after the ankle break). And he did fake out the jam right before that, so the timing scheme was not only inferior but risky. We also know from Rakuzan-Shutoku that Akashi uses it only as a last resort, when the emperor's eye can't work. If he could stop Kagami with the eye he would have.
    I think that making him miss the shot was better at making kagami waver because he knew that there were more options other than meteor jam. When he missed the shot he kept on thinking about his mistake and blamed himself for the whole thing. But idk. I guess this is just based on my opinion.
    As for the trap, akashi probably knew that kagami is gonna use meteor jam because the reason why he faked the last one is because of the double team of mibuchi and nebuya. With the double team a little farther and boosted confidence after "surpassing the emperor eye", it was pretty obvious that kagami was gonna do the meteor jam again.
    Last edited by blackrock98; 01-18-2014 at 12:46 PM.

N3wb

Quote Originally Posted by sansamaku View Post
    anyway akashi will probably win against aomine, not only the mentality of since I'm always win I'm always right is stronger than the one who can defeat me is me, but also akashi have more to offer (ee&2nd ability) plus he is the main antagonist so he should be the strongest in my opinion
    id agree that he should be the strongest, but given that his team is almost a replica of GoM, can't really bring myself to think that akashi should be called the strongest. "the only one who can defeat me is me" seems more fit when it comes to one on one.
    imayoshi referred aomine as the strongest, he then referred akashi as invincible(i might be wrong depending on how scans were translated >.>)

First immortality... Then the bitches GorillaComingATYA's Avatar

To be honest the reason this is so heavily debated is because they have both never been defeated, well aomine has been now but prior to this everyone was stating him to be 'the ace' or 'the strongest'. I believe using any references of Aomine prior to his defeat at the hands of kuroko and kagami is foolish. Akashi is undefeated and it's pretty clear he isn't struggling one bit against seirin evident by the fact that Rakuzan is just playing basketball. Rakuzan is the better team by far and their best player isn't even going all out.

Stopping the zone was important and i hope people don't take away the intelligence and ability Akashi must have to stop that. the most ludacris thing of this manga is however the first years are actually doing anything to akashi. In my honest opinion it makes no sense how putting a less talented player on akashi will slow him down, in reality akashi could just abuse his weak matchup and go to town on the scoreboard. riko is just lucky akashi doesn't like scoring.
    Frieza can tell time for shit!

I was expecting them to lose. It will be too unbelievable if they will win. Especially since Akashi is very strong. Akashi's team mates are strong and Akashi is strong and good at predicting his opponents moves.

Now i wonder what will happen to Kagami once they lose. Will he get angry again, like he did before?

Super cute!

Level One Otaku

Quote Originally Posted by GorillaComingATYA
    To be honest the reason this is so heavily debated is because they have both never been defeated, well aomine has been now but prior to this everyone was stating him to be 'the ace' or 'the strongest'. I believe using any references of Aomine prior to his defeat at the hands of kuroko and kagami is foolish. Akashi is undefeated and it's pretty clear he isn't struggling one bit against seirin evident by the fact that Rakuzan is just playing basketball. Rakuzan is the better team by far and their best player isn't even going all out.
    No, the reason is that they are made for each other opponets, unstoppable force vs. immovable object. And most people, including you I think, believe that Rakuzan will lose this one to plot armor anyway (as did Too). So why wait, let's pretend we are debating after that, but without using any references to Akashi's awesomeness. And you are right, Rakuzan is a stronger team, but we are debating Akashi vs. Aomine one on one.

The way I see it, EE has an interesting asymmetry, it's much more effective in overcoming a defender than in stopping an attacker. Akashi gets even past zone Kagami with ankle break, but can't do anything with the first meteor jam, and resorts to a complicated trap with the second. It makes sense I suppose, when you have the ball you control your opponents moves to some degree, and EE allows you to project their actions longer into the future. What further complicates things for Akashi in defense is that Aomine doesn't follow established basketball patterns and makes a lot of random and unnecessary moves. It is pointless to project random noise no matter how far in advance you detect it. Akashi will be able to use a couple of tricks like the one with Kagami, and Aomine has streetball tricks that will catch Akashi off guard first couple of times. But in the long run neither one of them can stop the other.

I'd give the edge to Akashi because EE should drain stamina slower than Aomine's contortions, but that's applying real world rules to Fujimaki's characters. In Fujimaki's world Aomine played at 100% after a year of no practice, and din't show signs of wear and tear despite running and jumping all over the place. Now he is paracticing so who knows how long he can last.

First immortality... Then the bitches GorillaComingATYA's Avatar

No, the reason is that they are made for each other opponets, unstoppable force vs. immovable object. And most people, including you I think, believe that Rakuzan will lose this one to plot armor anyway (as did Too). So why wait, let's pretend we are debating after that, but without using any references to Akashi's awesomeness. And you are right, Rakuzan is a stronger team, but we are debating Akashi vs. Aomine one on one.

The way I see it, EE has an interesting asymmetry, it's much more effective in overcoming a defender than in stopping an attacker. Akashi gets even past zone Kagami with ankle break, but can't do anything with the first meteor jam, and resorts to a complicated trap with the second. It makes sense I suppose, when you have the ball you control your opponents moves to some degree, and EE allows you to project their actions longer into the future. What further complicates things for Akashi in defense is that Aomine doesn't follow established basketball patterns and makes a lot of random and unnecessary moves. It is pointless to project random noise no matter how far in advance you detect it. Akashi will be able to use a couple of tricks like the one with Kagami, and Aomine has streetball tricks that will catch Akashi off guard first couple of times. But in the long run neither one of them can stop the other.

I'd give the edge to Akashi because EE should drain stamina slower than Aomine's contortions, but that's applying real world rules to Fujimaki's characters. In Fujimaki's world Aomine played at 100% after a year of no practice, and din't show signs of wear and tear despite running and jumping all over the place. Now he is paracticing so who knows how long he can last.
    dude i respect that reply
    Frieza can tell time for shit!

This is Japanese lunch time rush! blackrock98's Avatar

Akashi gets even past zone Kagami with ankle break, but can't do anything with the first meteor jam, and resorts to a complicated trap with the second.
    He couldn't do anything in the first meteor jam because it caught him off guard and he wasn't expecting it. It's also obvious that he used that "complicated trap" to further give kagami idle thoughts. He also said that he slowed down the speed of their exchange and let kagami pass him so if he wanted to steal the ball he would have.

One of The Followers

Anyway in the recent chapter Akashi promised to completely destroy Kagami, and we will see what method he will use, and can Akashi apply that methid against Aomine.

Kuroko no Basuke Generation of Miracles's Avatar

Hands down, the best reply I've seen in this forum!

MurasakibaraMidorimaKiseAomineAkashi

The only exception of "Teamwork wins Championships"

Has a Few Faves

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast