Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Origin Threshold

One of The Followers schlackvuck's Avatar

Default Black Origin Threshold

When i was reading comments, i saw multiple discution about BOT and how it work (berserk and things) then i decided to do a little investigation about this from the Manhwa. Follow the result with the evidence!

What do we know*?
    The best explication about what is BOT is from TBNW*: Chapter 75 P17 and 18:
    From Chun-woo speach, we learn that BOT is a technic who, wile you feel rage, reverse Ki and turn user crazy.

The évidence for these facts are*:
    -TB Vol 9 chap 63 p 7 where Han Chun-Woo turn BOT after seeing Shiho dying in he's arms.
    -TBNW chap 75 p 19 where Lee Shi-oon turn BOT to protect Sera Noona from Bae Seung-jae.
    -TBNW chap 101 p 20 where Lee shi-oon turn BOT to avenge Jeon Jang-il death.

So i though it was ok that way... then i remembered a passage in TB.
    Vol 9 chap 63 p 14, we can see Chun-Woo, with one kick, detroying floor of the hotel.
    Vol 9 chap 63 p 19, Chun-woo with one knee attack make explode a head.
    Vol 9 chap 64 p 1 with one hit he just decapited a master class guy.

Then Vol 9 chap 65 p 22 shi-oon interfere chun-woo and took the hit, even though So-chun pushed a bit shi-oon on the side he'd be dead basicaly... but survive?
    And Chun-woo focus on some people but none of those who just watch peacefully are targeted, only those who oppose resistance
    And TBNW chap 75, shi-oon is berserk mode, but not going completly berserk and killing noona.
    TBNW chap 102, he's in BOT mode he don't jump on evryone around him, only a punch attempt to jinnie and then charge baldy ryu.

Why.... That question was turning again and again in my head making me crazy, then a read and re read the breaker and new waves, 7 time in total (well more for my own pleasur than for the sake of the investigation <3 ).
    Or i'm turning completly crazy, or i may have found an logical explication about how the «*crazyness*» work.

BOT is a laser aimed rocket (like Javelin in MW).
    1 Engage rage/turn on Javelin
    2 Set target by rage/aim laser on the target
    3 Turn BOT/open fire
    4 Go to target
    5 kill target/rocket explosion
    6 end of BOT/turn off Javelin

In other words, i think that you set an order «*kill chief*» based on your rage o-meter (the one you hate the most is the main target) then anything interfering have to be chased away.

Chap 102 TBNW: Jinnie interaction attempt is seen as a interference:
    Goal kill ryu->jinnie near+vocal interaction attempt->chase away interference.

TB Vol 9 chap 65 p 22: Shi-oon interfered chun-woo attack
    Goal kill chief->so-munju deffend chief+direct attack attempt->kill so-munju to succed->intrud in the way->end charge on intruder
    Shi-oon suddenly jump in the fight from nowhere wile chun-woo charge, no analysis just end moving.

TB vol 10 chap 67 p3: shi-oon second interference
    Goal kill chief->sammooryong in the way->Kill sammooryong to succed->intruder interference-> Shi-oon recognized-> data base: Shi-oon, disciple, good friend, 0% hatred, do not kill-> intruder interference-> Shi-oon recognized-> ...->bug, reboot, deactivate BOT waiting for more info

That's my conclusion after reading again and again these chapters. BOT give you an target, then elliminate attacker and hindrance till target down. Once target down end of the BOT mode.

What you think?
    Last edited by schlackvuck; 01-25-2013 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schlackvuck View Post

That's my conclusion after reading again and again these chapters. BOT give you an target, then elliminate attacker and hindrance till target down. Once target down end of the BOT mode.

What you think?
    Un-Wol did not stop with one target, he killed all the assembled masters.

Has a Few Faves

I think Bot works in a certain person that he Hated the most or has a big amount of sense of urge to kill a certain person in what i read in TB and TBNW BOT will not Stop who ever interfere or blocks his way he will definitely destroy anyone Like
    What RINPOCHE Said it will not stop in one target not unless someone interfering to his subject matter.

@schlackvuck Were same I just Finshed last week for 5th time both TB and and TBNW just to understand the mistery about BOT

One of The Followers schlackvuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rinpoche View Post
    Un-Wol did not stop with one target, he killed all the assembled masters.
    Totaly right rin, that's why i believe there is somthing hidden orjust bannal incident behind un-wol BOT mode during that assembly.
    From what i saw, you charge and kill anything in your way till you succed. killing Target.
    Or un-wol set target to one master in the room, but couldn't stop rage and try to kill him wich resulted into all masters going against un-wol.
    Or he didn't "killed them all". The chief opposed to kill un-wol then to kill Chun-wo. why? to learn the BOT. And, at that time, the old "sliced eyebrow" was already the chief. He should be one of the victimes.
    What if, during a BOT, someone do not attack you but attack others in the room? What if some elders at this time wanted so bad power and BOT that they killed others grand masters wile un-wol was in BOT mode then say it's he's fault?
    Not impossible.

Simplicity or Complexity? Lasaro Ginjou's Avatar

When you go crazy and you stop thinking then you need something else to give orders to the body if your mind doesn't. This is instinct. By instinct people can tell apart the enemy or ally better than with intelligence.
    1. Chun-Woo didn't kill Shi-Woon because (although he interfered with target) he was not an enemy. The rest who tried to stop him were enemies and had a hostile position against him.
    2. Un-Wol showed the BOT making everyone see its strength and realize that they would be surpassed thus probably gained some hostile emotions and thoughts towards Un-Wol who instinctively responded to them.
    3. Shi-Woon had instinctively realised who his enemy is thus didn't try to kill Jin-Ie but only push her aside.

Even if you don't set a target like with Un-Wol's case you still respond to hostile actions or emotions that you identify with instinct. Generally instinct is stronger than intelligence because it can give you information about your surroundings that you can't get from intelligence alone.
    In other words my guess is that the answer to your problem is instinct.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Lasaro Ginjou; 01-28-2013 at 08:50 PM.

Well I believe Instinct is a big part of it, but 9ad said the Fuel was Rage. Have you ever had a flash of anger where the back of your neck got really hot and you cannot think and only want to break something or someone and then as quick as it came it leaves(lasts maybe 1-2 seconds)? I think that is what BoT is like, only on a much bigger level.
    Last edited by Rinpoche; 01-28-2013 at 02:11 AM.

Well I believe Instinct is a big part of it, but 9ad said the Fuel was Rage. Have you ever had a flash of anger where the back of your neck got really hot and you cannot think and only want to break something or someone and then as quick as it came it leaves(lasts maybe 1-2 seconds)? I think that is what BoT is like, only on a much bigger level.
    I agree with you. But rage is not enough. And rage doesn't distinguish between enemies and allies while instinct does.

To put it simply:
    If rages is the fuel (as you correctly said) then instinct is the engine.

After all rage is an emotion while instinct is the sixth sense.

That is my point.
    Last edited by Lasaro Ginjou; 01-28-2013 at 02:51 AM.

If it left that quick I wouldn't have had to learn to hang drywall as kid...

BOT is basically hulking out without the size increase and green skin.

"Hulking" is an interesting way to put the beast-like behaviour during the BOT. Extreme rage driven by instinct. Hulk was the same... kind of. (appearance comparison is out of the question though )

Come and join us or just look around.

One of The Followers

I guess it's like you become so angry you cannot even think straight or speak a proper sentence just cause your that damn angry. Now just multiply that anger many many many times and have it last over a prolonged period of time. BOT just brings out your animal instincts out combined with blinding rage.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast