Thread: Shioon as a test subject and Sosul's power

One of The Followers

Default Shioon as a test subject and Sosul's power

I just recently read the breaker from the beginning and it occurred to me that Shiho and co. actually stole 3 of the One Moon Divine Pill that was used to cure Shioon. This means that there were still 2 pills left.

While it may seem that Shiho gave Shioon the pill as a gesture of goodwill, he may have in fact been used as a test subject. Shiho ran into him by chance and discovered that he had a 3-Yin Body Type which is a less severe version of Sosul's 9-Yin Body Type. Seeing this as a rare opportunity, she may have decided to give him one in other to confirm that the pill could really cure him of his weak body which in torn would mean that it could cure Sosul as well.

I haven't read it thoroughly enough but I find it suspicious that she just decided to give him such an important pill out of the "goodness of her heart".

For Sosul's power, it might simply be an extreme version of Shioon's situation with the massive ki that nearly destroyed his body, but in her case after consuming the pill, she has been taught to channel the massive ki out into other things/people. And through observations made during Shioon's "test case", they were able to refine the treatment further so she won't have to suffer as much damage from the ki as Shioon initially did.

What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by f_shykster; 01-24-2013 at 05:25 PM.

Level One Otaku

I think you're wrong.
    Shioon was just really weak, and when sosul took the pill she didn't have to suffer the same illness as Shioon did, cause her body's special, with it she'll be a god when it comes to martial arts, and didn't have to go through that cause the effects you're talking about are only active on normal peoples.

Shioon survived cause he had the 9Ad and the Black Heaven Technique to manage, else he would have died.

Quote Originally Posted by noricluf View Post
    I think you're wrong.
    Shioon was just really weak, and when sosul took the pill she didn't have to suffer the same illness as Shioon did, cause her body's special, with it she'll be a god when it comes to martial arts, and didn't have to go through that cause the effects you're talking about are only active on normal peoples.

Shioon survived cause he had the 9Ad and the Black Heaven Technique to manage, else he would have died.
    I think the point f_shykster was trying to make is that Shioon was a test subject by Shiho, instead of helping Shioon out of goodwill gesture.

IMHO I think so as well. When Shiho first met Shioon, she has no obligation whatsoever toward Shioon. But instead she fed him a priceless jewel, fed someone who doesn't use martial arts, fed someone who has been too late in life to start training, and fed someone who was potentially too weak to survive the feeding process.

So ya, I do think Shioon was used. But I do think that Shiho had a change of heart later after their relationship developed.

Level One Otaku

Where do you guys get this idea from ? She saw that 9Ad was interested in him and that he could anyway save Shioon, and they have 3 of these f*cking pill anyway, and as far as i know they only need 1 for sosul so...

And Shioon was weak, ONLY WEAK, he didn't have any illness or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by noricluf View Post
    And Shioon was weak, ONLY WEAK, he didn't have any illness or anything.
    He had a disorder.

I believe Shiho used Shiwoon because he was "Convenient". She was jealous of 9ad going after the other female teacher and knew he would come to the aid of his disciple. Now his convenience comes into play because he has a similiar vein blockage disorder as Sosul(he has 3 blocked and Sosul 9). Shiho took advantage of a good opportunity to achieve her personal goals and validate part of her mission(the pill being able to cure the blockage).

I would think with the data obtained, since Sosul's condition is much worse, and it is confirmed Shiwoon's blood heals the condition, They would either use an animal or plant that could handle absorbing it, then feeding Sosul blood or part of the plant. Could also be that 9ad took a pill and is probally donating blood to her on a regular basis.

Advance Knowlege In Otakuism Zealot90's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rinpoche View Post
    He had a disorder.

I believe Shiho used Shiwoon because he was "Convenient". She was jealous of 9ad going after the other female teacher and knew he would come to the aid of his disciple. Now his convenience comes into play because he has a similiar vein blockage disorder as Sosul(he has 3 blocked and Sosul 9). Shiho took advantage of a good opportunity to achieve her personal goals and validate part of her mission(the pill being able to cure the blockage).

I would think with the data obtained, since Sosul's condition is much worse, and it is confirmed Shiwoon's blood heals the condition, They would either use an animal or plant that could handle absorbing it, then feeding Sosul blood or part of the plant. Could also be that 9ad took a pill and is probally donating blood to her on a regular basis.
    Or maybe, that "condition" is the same as being a normal (non-murim) human. The way she described the disadvantages, is the same as for any human. We get tired, and for us to become stronger, we need to train many years. The very fact that humans can use energy attacks when getting the pills also supports it. It unlocks the parts normally locked away.

The murim could just be the people whose body isn't blocking those specific points. Sosul is different, since her body's condition is much worse, but she's alive, which means that she needs a little amount of her full strength to survive and unlocking all those 9 points will make her incredibly strong.

N3wb

i believe each of you are correct in some of your statement about shioon
    was shioon used ? Yes and No. it is the nature of Shiho to cause conflict, and i believe she say an opportunity to help shioon who she found endearing and to test the One Moon Divine Pill.
    was shioon sick? Yes and No. shioon could have live a normal life outside of murim, but for learning martial arts his ki center configuration because of the 3-Yin Body Type could not retain or produce his Ki( energy). normal people possesses ki but at a mundane level with practice, meditation, and generations of family practicing martial arts, individual within murim develop larger and stronger Ki paths; but i believe everyone as the potential.
    also what noricluf said was correct the black Heaven Technique help shioon control his new Ki abilities, remember that shioon had little knowledge of Ki before taking the pill. Sosul's with a more advance case of the Yin Body Type as full knolwege and practice of the martial art, i don't believe she will have the same problems

Has a Few Faves

Its obvious that Sosul is being healed. In chapter 86 we see this:

Its like she pushed her immense ki into the guy and it caused him to burn up. She also gets tired right after so clearly she still has some recovery to go through.

Simplicity or Complexity? Lasaro Ginjou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rushanebay View Post
    ......was shioon sick? Yes and No. shioon could have live a normal life outside of murim, but for learning martial arts his ki center configuration because of the 3-Yin Body Type could not retain or produce his Ki( energy). normal people possesses ki but at a mundane level with practice, meditation, and generations of family practicing martial arts, individual within murim develop larger and stronger Ki paths; but i believe everyone as the potential.......
    I see it a lot so let me make a correction. The Yin Body Types do not affect the function of the Ki-center. They only affect the natural flow of Ki in the body.
    Ki center allows the individual to control and use Ki not produce it. But even without it there is a natural flow of the Ki in the body. The Yin Body Types affect this "natural flow" causing problems to the body's function. Ki in the series is explained as "breath" and "Life force".

People need clear air so they can replenish their Ki as 9AD said in the Koa(?) tower thus you can say that the Ki comes from the oxygen we breath which then travels throughout the body from the lungs to the veins and the brain. Ki-center or not the Ki still continues its natural flow. The Ki-center allows the individual to control it thus creating the martial arts. That is why people with broken Ki center cannot control Ki (and cannot use martial arts) but can still leave normally thanks to the natural flow of the Ki("breath" and "Life force").

What the One Moon Divine Dan did is force open the blocked paths of the natural flow with huge amounts of Ki and make the one who eat it a "moving-living medicine" making the person itself prduce Ki. Hence increasing the healing rate and stamina if the person manages to control it. Even if So-Sul has this special 9 Yin Body Type she is still a human. 9AD said that the only thing that could control the Dan's amount of Ki is the Black Heaven and Earth Technique so whoever took it must have learn the technique as well.

If I miss something please correct me.

Come and join us or just look around.