Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 78

O-to-the-T-to-the-A-to-the-K-to-the-U AmyAmiera95's Avatar

Default Chapter 78

The new chapter is out in chinese. Here is the link. Click here.

Why I can't find the latest chapter discussion/raws/spoiler thread? Nevermind, I just post it here.
    Last edited by AmyAmiera95; 01-24-2013 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyAmiera95 View Post
    The new chapter is out in chinese. Here is the link. Click here.

Why I can't find the latest chapter discussion/raws/spoiler thread? Nevermind, I just post it here.
    WADAF***.... BLOODY HELL, i want the translated version now...... cant wait any longer.

OMG OMG OMG OMG thank you sooooo much

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy.Hime07 View Post
    OMG OMG OMG OMG thank you sooooo much
    do u know Chinese, and BTW could to explain whats happening out there..

Even if i know chinese i want to wait for the english version ^^ because it is more interesting

argh want the english version >.<

omfg das juz awesome <3 i dun care bot d lang..i cn undrstand hw dey both feel 4 each othr..his suprised luk omggggggggg <3_<3 das amongst my fav chapters !!

Finally, 78 was a really good chapter and one of my favorites in the entire manga, which I wasn't really expecting, since, following the mediocre 77th and the absolutely atrocious 76th, I was growing weary of Fujiwara's prowess with storytelling, since it seemed she had been stalling considerably by effectively writing a horrible shipping chapter, which was then followed by a pointless focus on Tora's love life, both of which were practically absent of Usui and lacked the interesting focus that this arc had originally possessed.

Usui and Misaki's reunion was fantastic and an extremely satisfying moment, as it had been so long since they were last together. Usui's appearance on the edge of the balcony and subsequent jump from the ledge was one of the highlights of this chapter. Fujiwara really portrayed this moment in a highly effective and beautiful manner. She's definitely at her best when she's illustrating a romantic interaction between Usui and Misaki.

Tora's confession was definitely the worst part of the chapter, since it's really gotten old at this point and has easily been the dullest, most uninteresting aspect of the last several chapters, but thankfully, it didn't seem like he was doing it in an expecting manner, but more of a motivation of sorts for Misaki, and since it appears to be the last confession he'll ever arrogantly make, I was as satisfied with this particular conclusion for him as I realistically could have been. I'm just glad he didn't make a legitimate move on her, as it illustrates a slight bit of character growth. Of course, he still wasn't portrayed as a likable character, since he is engaged to a seemingly kind and loving woman, whom he'll hopefully return to now.

Thankfully, this chapter can finally dispel all the ridiculous notions that there is going to be any sort of triangle between Usui, Misaki, and Tora. The difficulties that Usui and Misaki are having to deal with in their relationship from this moment on are far bigger and more important than some trite and cliche "triangle", which wouldn't have even made sense to incorporate into the story, since Usui and Misaki's relationship, at this point in the story, can't be realistically troubled by the selfish actions of some mere third wheel that Misaki doesn't even like.

The ending was a really compelling cliffhanger, but I'm not particularly fearful of the outcome, since they're finally together again, and it's not as though Fujiwara would conclude this arc with a separation between them, especially after much of the arc has already had them separated for a lengthy amount of time. Now that Usui and Misaki are finally together, I really can't wait for the rest of this arc, which I wouldn't have thought possible after the last two chapters.

Also, for those that have asked, Kat's blog should have an english summary of the entire chapter sometime today.

ooops. I'm a sadist ~~~ Rushi-Neesan's Avatar

Can't fully understand it but I really think that it's good. When do you guys think the sub version will be out?

Summary from Kat's blog: KWMS Chapter 78 Summary

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast