Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: too many filler chapters...

Default too many filler chapters...

I wish the story of this new arc would progress soon. I don't know about you guys but there's a lot of filler chapters and not much progress storywise. It's not like the characters needs more development since most of them has been there from the start of the manga.

The sly eagle doesn't kill at whim King Zidane's Avatar

Yes there is progress, Hata is filling out the romantic subplot. We're nearly reaching it's peak. As for the current arcs plot, we'll reach that soon enough.

The characters actually DO need more development. Rather, Hata using such a small frame of time passing since the beginning of the manga as some sort of excuse for most characters to be EXACTLY as they were when introduced is smart and also not so smart.

We're even seeing Nagi regress somewhat for heaven knows what reason. Hata's set it up so that we really DO need this manga competition. My guess is during or after the competition, we will plunge straight into plot, so all the players must be set up.

To take whole chapters to do this though; the pacing is definitely odd, but that is Hata. He prefers to take things slow, and he's lucky he's got enjoyable characters to make the filler worth the read.

Some times I do grit my teeth, but I figure it's one step closer to where we want to go.
    Though time only moves one way, we can still relive "those days" in our mind

the Voice of Reason Hidden Detective's Avatar

Many mangakas often make filler chapters to drag the stories out longer for more profit, but Hata takes it to the master level...

Hata mentioned around chapter 300 that this series is about 60% complete, so it may end around 500 chapters total...
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    Look into a mirror before judging others.
    There is always motivations behind harming and killing, but no reason is needed to save or help another.
    You need to give before you receive.

The most evil of domesticated fruits Honeyichigo's Avatar

Did you miss that "This is the kind of manga that you are reading" chapter a while back? Filler is what this manga is about. You want something else, go read something else. :P

Bow before ME, mortals! RPGNoZero's Avatar

Somehow I think his comedy is getting more dull compared to the beginning. Many filler chapters lately annoyed me...

I always wonder if this arc can be called Ruka arc anymore, it seems the main point is not really her anymore. Not to mention it has already been too long to be called an arc. And she really annoys me

I'm sure if we try to take out all the filler chapter, the series would only be around 50% of the whole manga so far.
    click spoiler for awesome image

"It's not that they were dead because they're trash. In reality, those who survived will become trash"
    "Right and Wrong means NOTHING in this world! You are either Strong, or Weak. And if you are weak, you're dead"
    "Miracles doesn't exist in this world. It's because they don't happen that they are called miracles"

I feel like Hata is going though all of his characters before the big arc. Remember the Athens arc ? Even Fumi have some screen time back then on the plane together with Hina, Ayumu and the idiot trio; and Kotetsu too in Hayate flash back in the end of volume 22; not to mention Claus with his passport problem. You just need to be patient, i believe Hata won't disappoint us.

Well this is a reversed kind of manga, while other manga has fillers this manga has plot. Its all just analogy. XD

idk a name /// id kaname /// clueless person idkaname's Avatar

I don't mind the filler chapters as long as they keep me interested.
    /人◕‿‿◕人\

earth,hell or heaven but not together with angel

Oh but I more like Hayate no gotoku manga without filler

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless devil View Post
    Oh but I more like Hayate no gotoku manga without filler
    You just have to deal with it or you can wait until the manga is finish then ask someone which chapter to read and avoid the filler .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast