Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veritas or Breaker(New waves) Gangryoo or Shinwoo

Default Veritas or Breaker(New waves) Gangryoo or Shinwoo

This question is all my karate and kung fu manga fans!!! I personally chose Veritas and Gangryoo(check spelling). But eventually I will lean toward Breaker new waves only becuase they refused to do a second season of Veritas.

N3wb

Are we talking about who is a better main character?
    Then Gangryong; opposite to the little chicken wing called Shi-Woon, the Veritas's main had this kind of aura that tells he is not going to disapoint you, because he was just doing his thing the way he liked to do it, that added to plot-shield and buffs and you could just watch him kick some asses.
    While Shi-Woon will just get his ass kicked over and over again, until he finds the coward's resolution and he starts kicking some asses back, while still getting kicked a little more. This makes 85% of each fight to be kinda boring.

Now, if we talk about Raw Power or who is the strongest...
    Then It's Shi-Woon, it'd start with a simple dog's fight where Shi-Woon unreasonable resistance to ass beating while give he the advantage(while making he look uncool, still), and then it'll end with a battle of who's master gifted them with a better power, being Gangryong's gift that super high quality Ki, and Lee's one the Black Heaven and Earth tecnique, so Gangryong goes full lightning power on him, but his resistance will just keep keeping he alive, then he activates the BH&E tecnique and goes into a crazy "i'm not going down again" bersek mode, this tecnique and his annoying resitance will just make Lee Shi-Woon stand up over and over again, until his power finally overwhelms the Lightning boy.

Personally, I like Gangryong better as a character. He's honest and upfront about what he wants. The guy kicks ass for the sake of kicking ass. He wants to become stronger for sake of strength, no other bullshit reason required (it's refreshing for me). He really makes Shioon look like chicken shit in comparison.

Powerwise, I'm not sure. I don't like comparisons between characters in entirely DIFFERENT universes. Some dude always comes up with a silly imaginary scenario about how one character would beat the other (^). But given that both characters fully master their powers, I'd put my money on Gangryong. But it's hard to say because we'll never know how far Gangryong will get since Veritas got screwed over.

Level One Otaku

Gangryong. He's upfront and honest about what he wants. Shiwoon on the other hand is clueless and just seems like a fool most of the time.

One of The Followers kagetsuki23's Avatar

Gangryong ultimate thunder is more stronger than BH&E take a look at this http://mangafox.me/manga/veritas/v10/c081/18.html
    http://mangafox.me/manga/veritas/v10/c081/19.html

Quote Originally Posted by GUTZ View Post
    This question is all my karate and kung fu manga fans!!! I personally chose Veritas and Gangryoo(check spelling). But eventually I will lean toward Breaker new waves only becuase they refused to do a second season of Veritas.
    I think as far as quality of art for a manga/manwha goes, The Breaker New Waves is a much better than what Veritas looks like, but if Veritas wouldn't have been stopped, I think it's art would have improved as well. Still, the current Breaker has art like very few other mangas has (in the beggining of The Breaker the art quality was so-so).

Story wise and complexity wise it's hard to say. I read Veritas two times, and it feels like the author could have said much more about the world, if he had the chance to do so. The Breaker's story is coming along nicely, and I hope it will continue. I'd have to vote on The Breaker though, the martial arts techniques feel more believeable to me, they are cooler. I mean I'm not one for energy balls and Kamehame, I like to think strenght as a more subtle thing, and not as Rasengan on a stick (I'm not saying that it's not fun to see stuff like that, it's just not as believeable). It's like the old series of Batman films vs. the new. I like the new better becouse it's more realistic. It's still fiction, but it's more believeable.

Character wise The Breaker characters are much, much more likeable, there's a favourite character for everyone. So that's another point for The Breaker.

As for the main character, we all know the answer. Shi-Woon is a whiny little biatch, a character trait that no one likes. He's also a little sucker, a goody-goody, all in all a huuuuge hinderance as a protagonist. So yeah, that's one point for Veritas. I have to note though, Shi-Woon is more of a kid, but he too, has the heart of a champion, to not to lose, not to give up, even against all he's negative traits. Power wise that One Moon Dan Shi-Woon ate is imba, though Gangryong could probably catch up, cos he has the desire to be the strongest, but Shi-Woon does not (unlikely that Shi-Woon would gain this trait). Talent wise they are eqal, so Gangryong would start as weaker in raw power, but ultimately would become stronger.

So that's 3 points for The Breaker in art, story, and characters, and 1 point for Veritas for main character. So The Breaker wins, but I'll still troll on Shi-Woon for being a puussaay.

Has a Few Faves

Wow... a lot of people seem to dislike Shi-Woon... I actually prefer Shi-Woon. I'm not sure why, since it was a long time since I read Veritas, but I like the qualities he has that a lot of people seem to hate. The only thing I have to complain about is that he should use his head more when he has to fight because even though I like him he can be kind of stupid sometimes.

In the end, when it came to Veritas I didn't like the main character at all. None of the characters in Veritas really moved me. The art in Veritas was good but that was the only thing I enjoyed about it.

In regards to who is stronger... I don't know and it's hardly relevant. Two different people in different worlds with different rules for how things work and what is possible and what's not.

Art, maybe Breaker wins, not "by far" tho. About "complexity" Im sure Veritas doesnt lagg behind, every single character of importance has their past revealed and we can see different views of same event by 2 different characters and so on, in fact there is more background and intrigue than in Breaker, the only flaw being that the story ended abruptly cuz authors (artist and storyteller) broke apart or so Ive heard. Im very bitter about it to this day.. Anyways, in Breaker main character is weakling with sudden "bursts of power" while in Veritas he begins weakling and after dozen fights (and broken bones lol) gets better and, well, crazyer. I like the later more because I prefer seeing character growing in power, rather than "Aaargh, ---transforms---" tho that too can be great. The only thing about Veritas that ticks me of a bit is setup, which is basically "martial art school for kids".
    Its done pretty well but, its somewhat generic, one of the few things in this otherwise very original work.

Comparison btwen main characters, well Gangryong wins by miles, its one of the best characters ever actually. Anyways, to sum in short what Veritas is, it is enough to read exactly 10 pages from it and it will be crystal clear. From http://mangafox.me/manga/veritas/v10/c074/17.html to page 27, and its one of the best dialogues EVER. P.S. its read from left to right.

In the school of thoughts smokeesid's Avatar

Anytime NW for the prospect of character development and depth in his power

Even if their had been a 2nd season of Veritas, characters are all fully developed with fully described powers but not much emotions

Some people are born like keys who move this world and exist having no connection to the social hierarchy established by man

A Page Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by GUTZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raising Storm View Post
    Are we talking about who is a better main character?
    Then Gangryong; opposite to the little chicken wing called Shi-Woon, the Veritas's main had this kind of aura that tells he is not going to disapoint you, because he was just doing his thing the way he liked to do it, that added to plot-shield and buffs and you could just watch him kick some asses.
    While Shi-Woon will just get his ass kicked over and over again, until he finds the coward's resolution and he starts kicking some asses back, while still getting kicked a little more. This makes 85% of each fight to be kinda boring.

Now, if we talk about Raw Power or who is the strongest...
    Then It's Shi-Woon, it'd start with a simple dog's fight where Shi-Woon unreasonable resistance to ass beating while give he the advantage(while making he look uncool, still), and then it'll end with a battle of who's master gifted them with a better power, being Gangryong's gift that super high quality Ki, and Lee's one the Black Heaven and Earth tecnique, so Gangryong goes full lightning power on him, but his resistance will just keep keeping he alive, then he activates the BH&E tecnique and goes into a crazy "i'm not going down again" bersek mode, this tecnique and his annoying resitance will just make Lee Shi-Woon stand up over and over again, until his power finally overwhelms the Lightning boy.

Well I readed Veriats yesterday to the end( sad that it has't any end) and it was real nice, but still i like the breaker more. And Shiwoon or Gumunryong? I like the both, i mean hiwoon is the very kind and cute, but strong too, tuype. And gumunryong is the opposite, explosive, brutal and ver funny. Yeah i would like to see them both in one manga as friends, i think they would look very good togeterXD LOVE THEM BOTH!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast