View Poll Results: Does Akiyama need Nao in order to be the last man standing in the Liar Game?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, definitely. Akiyama forms the strategy, Nao binds the people together to make it happen.

54 83.08%
  • Not much. Nao is gullible, and he can make other people form alliance with him using his tactics.

4 6.15%
  • I don't care. But they do look cute together. ♥

7 10.77%

Thread: Akiyama and Kanzaki Duo

◘ just your regular ice queen ◘ melonaide's Avatar

Default Akiyama and Kanzaki Duo

I've read all chapters here for about a few days whew, I clearly got hooked up with the story.

I think this Akiyama and Kanzaki couple is quite amazing and really hard to defeat which made it possible for me to trust that they'll always win in every round. lol. Akiyama is a very fearsome strategist while Nao Kanzaki is really great in influencing other people and appealing to their heart although she is really easy to fool, this trait of hers comes handy most of the time, and it seems that Akiyama's plans most of the time includes her. It's great to see her grow from a weakling-cry baby, to a weakling-but driven with a purpose individual. (lol) Well, she grew stronger, but not enough for her to make it on her own. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Akiyama is more likely to lose to strategic minds like that of Yokoya and Kimura/Harimoto if he didn't have Nao on his side.

With that, I totally dig their "cooperation" and partnership, I can't wait for the next chapter!

PS: If there's a thread like this, feel free to remove it. I don't feel like reading everything to check if there's duplication.

"Why do you go and choose the strangest thing to do?" - Jung Jae Min

I've been hooked on this for over a year =) And I love that the apparently dumb Nao can be integral and irreplaceable in their strategies. Usually I hate weak / dumb female protagonists, but in Liar Game, it somehow works!

That being said, I know the manga isn't romance based, but I kinda hope for a small scene where Akiyama and Nao get together =P

◘ just your regular ice queen ◘ melonaide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daedreamer View Post
    And I love that the apparently dumb Nao can be integral and irreplaceable in their strategies. Usually I hate weak / dumb female protagonists, but in Liar Game, it somehow works!
    Same here! I'm not a fan of crybaby / weak female protagonists as well. But her strong determination and sense of value being developed as the story progresses makes it really interesting. The story somehow shows that she goes stronger in every chapter. I wanna see how far a weak/dumb Nao can progress in this game. Besides, there's no fun if she's already great in the beginning since she already got an expert (Akiyama) guiding her.

Oh, and regarding romance, it wouldn't hurt if there will be a few hints here and there....lol. XD

"Why do you go and choose the strangest thing to do?" - Jung Jae Min

Has a Few Faves

Eh, I feel like Nao would remind Akiyama too much of his mother for there to be romance between them :P And I'm PERFECTLY fine for there not to be any between them too. I prefer a relationship that's all about respect as opposed to them ending up together, but that's just me! I think their dynamic works wonderfully and that both of them learn from the other one.

Shitposting Mastermind Michael Maverick's Avatar

Akiyama wouldn't have "won" anything past Downsizing Game if it weren't for Nao, so it's pretty damn obvious he needs her. Nao's ability to appeal to emotion is handled very awkwardly by Kaitani, but there's no doubt it works. Akiyama has all the intellect, theoretical knowledge and experience needed to win, while Nao allows him to materialize that power and create openings. Theirs was a fateful meeting. It's why Yokoya needs to be rich and Harimoto/Kimura need the cultists to even be a match for them. They're overpowered and practically invincible...

...But wouldn't be, if players didn't unrealistically trust Nao despite her association with Akiyama, who deceives and tricks everyone all the ****ing time. So yeah, the efficiency of their chemistry is far-fetched and the "people can learn to trust each other!" notion is forced, but hey, that's just how fiction is. It wasn't a terrible blow to suspense of disbelief for most of the time, but recently in Bid Poker they really have become so hax it's ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by melonaide
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Akiyama is more likely to lose to strategic minds like that of Yokoya and Kimura/Harimoto if he didn't have Nao on his side.
    Yokoya/Kimura/Harimoto are nowhere near as smart as they're constantly hyped up to be, certainly not as smart as Akiyama, but they have the advantage of human nature naturally inclining towards distrust, utilitarism and betrayal, thus having such an easy time manipulating other players. Not that I'm correcting you or implying you meant otherwise, just saying.
    Last edited by Michael Maverick; 02-03-2013 at 02:44 PM.