Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great manga with some fatal weaknesses

One of The Followers

Default Great manga with some fatal weaknesses

1. The thing I hate most is that there are no real villains...after doing whatever they want all villains are turned into good guys and forgiven.
    2. Power levels are a bit absurd. When Tsuna first fought Xanxus even Collonello was surprised by his powers..fast forward to the end and had he remained the same he could have been taken out with a single finger
    3. Didn't really like the ending, in the end Tsuna has barely changed in anyway without the Dying Will apart from gaining trustworthy friends.

I'm not trying to bash it or anything but with some more careful planning it could have been a much greater manga in my opinion.

Has a Few Faves

Ya know, there are problems with this manga than just the three things you mentioned how bout. Oh an before I forget, the whole 'villains get the crap kicked out of them and then turn good' yeah, that's kinda normal for Shounen Jump and majority of the schlock they unleash.

1. Plotholes the size of a ****in' dying sun.

2. Character who are all flatter than the paper they are drawn on

3. No goddamn evolution of characters, they were what they started and just there to give idiot yaoi fangirls stuff to draw/write and get wet over.

4. Plotpoints that are brought up and then dropped with all settledy of a neutron bomb.

Also, Reborn would never be a great manga even if those 'flaws' you mentioned were fixed. Reborn would still suck so many balls it would be amazing that it hasn't choked on them yet.

One of The Followers

Quote Originally Posted by Kanashe View Post
    Ya know, there are problems with this manga than just the three things you mentioned how bout. Oh an before I forget, the whole 'villains get the crap kicked out of them and then turn good' yeah, that's kinda normal for Shounen Jump and majority of the schlock they unleash.

1. Plotholes the size of a ****in' dying sun.

2. Character who are all flatter than the paper they are drawn on

3. No goddamn evolution of characters, they were what they started and just there to give idiot yaoi fangirls stuff to draw/write and get wet over.

4. Plotpoints that are brought up and then dropped with all settledy of a neutron bomb.

Also, Reborn would never be a great manga even if those 'flaws' you mentioned were fixed. Reborn would still suck so many balls it would be amazing that it hasn't choked on them yet.
    Tbh I still found it enjoyable but it was more my curiosity on how the characters would develop. How would Tsuna mature? Will Gokudera become the supposed great and feared righthand that was mentioned in the future? After the future arc it was way too rushed, the powers of Shimon...who were superior to Byakuran, then the Vindice. It would have been a much better manga had there been a timeskip somewhere after the future arc and before the Shimon arc where characters would undergo some changes. It was definitely a disappointing end but wouldn't go as far as calling it such a terrible manga.

One of The Followers

I still think it had lots of potential, it just wasn't planned well enough and towards the end too rushed. Definitely needed much more character development and more thinking about power levels.

And what do we get in the end? Tsuna has matured jack, all the characters stayed the same and never changed. The fights got more and more repetitive. Frankly, I don't think even the timeskip would have helped this series. Because, frankly we know jack bout any of the characters, their goals, or even motivations. All they exist for is to appear bad-ass or look hot for the yaoi crowd. That's it, no changes, no nothing. I'm still mostly shocked of how this series even lasted this long, I mean it started as a comedy manga and the comedy was just boring and un-funny. Then it switched to a battle manga, and still it continued being meh. An after the future Arc I think this entire series starts to fall apart
    Its incredible that you actually managed to read everything

Should I consider this a compliment, or an insult that I actually had to read 409 of this trash. An just to get a middle finger ending, and several fans trying to excuse and **** ride this manga.
    I didn't like it either, but it's like you just watch these to complain about them.

Should I consider this a compliment, or an insult that I actually had to read 409 of this trash. An just to get a middle finger ending, and several fans trying to excuse and **** ride this manga.
    I took it as a guilty pleasure, after all the only person in this place that lost something is you, you didn't enjoy the ride and i did enjoy it.
    I got what you could call my 5 minute escape every week while you wasted your time reading something you disliked, and from what i got you only read to complain about it. So really with your reaction i would say you loved this manga more than me, you almost sound like a heartbroken girlfriend that will explode when they start milking this series with more merchandise(and that ps3 videogame that will release next year).

Hmmm....There isn't a different way to say 'stupid' is there? Because right now I'm strugelling to pick the right word to describe you, and I don't wanna use 'stupid', because that would be to cliche. But, to answer one question: No, I didn't love this manga, infact it's in my top 3 worse series that Shounen Jump has put out. The only reason I read and stuck with this abomination, is this see just how low can it go. An apperantly, the author was finding better ways to make her bad series suck harder and harder. It's the same reason why I stuck with SWOT, Shaman King, Lost+Brain, or Rabbit Doubt. Just to see how low would it sink, and watch all the fabrats try and defend those series. Infact, why should I feel hurt, I hated the series from the very start and considered it an abomination. Sooo..Yeah, your argument fails. Though, you failed from the start for actually saying you enjoyed this tripe. I'd give you a blue ribbion for this, but I'm sadly out of those. So instead, you'll have to settle for a life time supply of my foot up your arse.
    So every single week you took around 5 minutes(if you read fast enough) to read something you didn't like from the start and did it with 3 other series as well?
    I can very well say that you sound like a genius.
    All sarcasm aside i don't know how to feel about a guy that calls me stupid and manages his time to just watch or read things he knows he hates, now THAT is being stupid.

Ofcourse I'm stupid because I know the stuff sucks plus I'll gladly point out it sucks, not to mention get to piss off fanbrats like you. Sadly I'm not being a brainless fanboy like you who defends something bad to high heavens. Oh poor ignorant me, I should have see that mistakes of nature like you, are the true geniuses and should be listened and worshiped for their great minds. We should make a monument in your honor, which involves a noose where all you bastards can hang yourselves.
    Its a series where a baby shoots a little boy in the forehead to get him in his underwear, what exactly am i defending here when there is nothing to defend? its a dumb series and i love it for that.
    Seriously drop that stupid nostalgia critic wanabe persona of yours.

See that's the problem right there. It's dumb as **** series, you are enjoying it. I find that really insulting that people like you are allowed to exist. Also, it's not a persona, I frankly despise people like you and if I could I'd kill every single one of you bastards.
    Hahahaha
    Delicious tears right here man, dude we are exactly the same, i like a dumb series like Reborn and you like dumb stories like Metal Gear Solid, its the same thing, i recommend you change that persona of yours if you use it on your daily basis since people will just think you are kind of crazy and awkward to be around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast