Thread: Getbackers 2?

N3wb

Smile Getbackers 2?

I was just thinking bout the part 2 of the GB, is it?

A Hidden Hikikomori Hajime Kindaichi's Avatar

It's hopeless. since I heard mangaka quit his career.
    Crime is not an art. No matter how you cover it with beautiful words. Crime only bring you a tragedy - Kindaichi Hajime from Kindaichi Shonen no Jikenbo - House of Wax Murder Case.

Lord Ov Eternal Darkness BaalNocturno's Avatar

Even if he hadnt, it would be shitty if there would be a sequel. The story is finished and it finished great so there is no need for a GB 2^^

Nah it's still better without a second part of it

The mangaka did not quit, he just changes his pen name after a while, recently he's been working on Bloody Monday which I think is finished now. His current manga (under the name, Hiroaki Igano) is Area no Kishi (The Knight in the Area) which is a soccer/football manga, it also has an anime adaptation.

Has a Few Faves

I think they were referring to the illustrator, Rando Ayamine. I found his new project last year but he wasn't the illustrator but the producer (I think), though the art was almost like his.

My heart almost stop there......
    Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.

Let me see, the author's real name is Shin Kibayashi. Under the pen name of Yuma Ando, he's working on Tanteiken Sherdock (recently completed), & under the pen name Yuya Aoki, he's working on Edge of the World (hiatus), & as Hiroaki Igano he's working on Area no Kishi (still running).

Rando Ayamine also has a full plate; Holy Talker (hiatus), Edge of the World (hiatus), Majestic Prince (still running), & Edge of the World (hiatus). He hasn't touched his online blog in months & the Google Translate app doesn't translate it very well, but from the gibberish I suppose he had overcome a health problem.

Given the cop-out ending of GetBackers & the fact that Edge of the World didn't even get 1 volume published before going on hiatus, I can only assume A)The two had a falling out & went their separate ways. B)They had planned to get back together for Edge of the World once Rando got better, but got caught up in other projects.
    Last edited by LikaLaruku; 05-22-2013 at 12:13 AM.
    No excuse for poor spelling on the internet. It only takes 2 seconds to instal a Spellcheck add-on. When someone with dyslexia has better spelling, capitalization, punctuation, & vocabulary than a lazy person with no learning disabilities who can't be arsed to spell properly because "it takes too long," he can expect to flip burgers for a living.

One of The Followers

As much as i love this manga, i think it doesn't need a sequel since the ending was good. Thought it did leave me with lots of questions like: Did Ginji lose all of his powers or he just can't go Lightning Lord again? Does he have the power as creator to decide everything that happens or just some things? What happened to Babylon City? Was it erased or is it a completely different world with no connections to the GB world? Will Ginji ever remember what happened in Babylon City? Did Bans dad come back to life too? Does Ban know that the reason he's alive is cuz Ginji didn't want him to die? When someone from Babylon City(like Kagami) went to the GB world, did their consciousness only go or the body as well?

well ..... it seems only few wants a sequel...... it seems im one of them...... but having a special chapter is enough.... at the end it seems like they are not real human... they are just some data in a computer... and i want ban x himiko to bloom.... i just want to see some romantic happy ending for theme even though they are relative ...

"THERE IS NO COINCIDENT"