Thread: Where should I start reading?

Default Where should I start reading?

I'm pretty certain people say the anime starts going off the plot in or at season 2, well I just want to know which chapter does the plot differ from anime to manga. I've watched all 3 seasons already and it seems to have changed from how the 1st season was. Thanks in advance for any help. Also please don't say anything like there are minor differences from chapter 1 so just re-read it, cause I literally just finished watching the first season.

season 2 actually is fairly loyal to the manga plot. its season 1 that went with alot of anime original... so yeah... rereading from chapter 1 is my advice.

season 3 is supposedly taking place way ahead in the timeline... meaning there is a huge gap between season 2 and season 3.

if you wanna start reading from the end of season 2 it should be around here:
    http://mangafox.me/manga/hayate_no_g...14/c147/1.html

the chapter before that is the sakuya birthday eps which is basically the end of s2 iirc.

pmazzuco@devianart
    Hayate no Gotoku Wikia! Hinagiku FanClub! Fight my Brute! Playing Tribes:Ascend

Thanks a lot, didn't realize the first season was the season that differed from the manga plot. Maybe I'll start reading from chapter 1 but means I'll have to take a break before I start :/

the Voice of Reason Hidden Detective's Avatar

Most of us would highly recommend reading from the beginning. Season 1 and season 3 (unofficial so far) are mostly anime originals that sway completely away from the original manga story. Season 2 stays pretty faithful to the manga, but it doesn't cover any really important parts of the plot. So it's best to start from the beginning and not miss anything. The really important plot and stories are still hidden within the manga and not reveal in any anime episodes yet...
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    Look into a mirror before judging others.
    There is always motivations behind harming and killing, but no reason is needed to save or help another.
    You need to give before you receive.

Anime season 1 is almost the same as the first few chapters of the manga, but at some time, there are anime-exclusive episodes (e.g. Butler Battle Tournament Arc) that had appeared. Anime season 2 is very faithful to the manga and it is three month since the beginning of the series. Then comes Anime season 3 that is "nine months since the beginning of the whole series" and (I've just heard it somewhere), therefore ahead of the current manga arc, except that some episodes had shades of many manga chapters (for instance, Episode 3 of the said season (the best episode for that season) is inspired by manga chapters 162-164 and 271 except it is better allthroughout IMO (maybe an improvement of Hinagiku x Hayate between less than six months). If that fact is really true, considering the movie adaptation of the series takes place eight months after the series kicks off, then where is A-tan? Where are those who appeared in the manga who are not appearing in both the movie and Season 3?

Yeah I'm starting from the start.. even though it is quite similar so far but does the manga get serious? I know it will always have that comedy and light heart-ed aspect to it but does it always progress through the story so slowly? cause most of the manga, well anime is full of episodes that have nothing to do with the story and then one episode a new arc begins that suddenly is focused on the story. Then these arcs usually leave you wanting more but the next couple of episodes just go back to little comedy stories.

Quote Originally Posted by cartz14 View Post
    Yeah I'm starting from the start.. even though it is quite similar so far but does the manga get serious? I know it will always have that comedy and light heart-ed aspect to it but does it always progress through the story so slowly? cause most of the manga, well anime is full of episodes that have nothing to do with the story and then one episode a new arc begins that suddenly is focused on the story. Then these arcs usually leave you wanting more but the next couple of episodes just go back to little comedy stories.
    Just give it a bit more time. The buildup is slow, but the story will get very serious eventually... You won't regret reading through it all...
    There is always motivations behind harming and killing, but no reason is needed to save or help another.

It's me again, just using this one thread to ask all my questions. I admit to only just finishing the Athena arc which seems to be the best arc from what I hear but Hayate lacks power.. I know his considerably stronger than the average person but he still disappoints me at times. I know Isumi is really strong but I honestly don't like that Hinegaku (forget her name.. counsil president) is the same strength or at least close. I mean his the butler to the heir of one of the largest groups, seriously his weaker than the butlers of familiys that can't even compare to Nagi's familiy.

Long story short does Hayate ever get considerably stronger than he already is, making him at least stronger than the other butlers?

Quote Originally Posted by cartz14 View Post
    It's me again, just using this one thread to ask all my questions. I admit to only just finishing the Athena arc which seems to be the best arc from what I hear but Hayate lacks power.. I know his considerably stronger than the average person but he still disappoints me at times. I know Isumi is really strong but I honestly don't like that Hinegaku (forget her name.. counsil president) is the same strength or at least close. I mean his the butler to the heir of one of the largest groups, seriously his weaker than the butlers of familiys that can't even compare to Nagi's familiy.

Long story short does Hayate ever get considerably stronger than he already is, making him at least stronger than the other butlers?
    Well, you should keep in mind that Hayate's one of the strongest characters among the main casts, especially if no magic's involved (just raw strength alone); but because of his bad luck, he often gets beat up by girls or weird situations for comedy (which I don't really like either when Hata overdoes it). His endurance is often inconsistent in different stories (mostly changing depending on the plot's need); for instance, he suddenly starts to bleed all over for no reason on the sinking ship story and eventually needs to be rescued after fighting off the sharks, but when he took the hit from that weird persimmon tree, his bleeding doesn't bother him at all as he destroyed the tree (seriously, Hata's trolling him way too much). His strength also differs from time to time depending on the plot, such as when needing to be rescued from those yazuka people at the beginning (no way that he can't handle those regular people if he actually gets serious). And he never goes all out when fighting against girls. His true strength usually only unlocks when helping or rescuing someone else, such as Athena in the end of Athens arc or Nagi and the other girls on many occasions. Hayate, Athena and Isumi are probably the strongest ones in the main cast, and Hinagiku is somewhat on par with them only when wielding the magic swords Masamune or Shirozakura (feels like Hata made those swords stick around her for her to keep up with them, otherwise she'd just be a somewhat strong regular kendo club president in school compared to the butlers and magic wielders). An important note is that Hayate's the only one amongst the strongest main casts without the need for any magical abilities or items for his inhuman strength. Overall, this is mainly a harem/romantic comedy series, so Hayate's strength is often inconsistent in different situatons, and we shouldn't think too much about it. Let's just remember him as a living Gundam butler...

And glad to hear you enjoyed the arc. The End of the World arc and Athens arc are the most popular ones... Don't know where you are now, but you'll feel really trolled by Hata when you get a little more further in the chapters...
    Last edited by Hidden Detective; 01-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.