Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whole Asuka and Yuzuki War

N3wb

Default The Whole Asuka and Yuzuki War

Greetings

I'm not one for discussing manga or anime with others. However this manga really grasped my attention, especially when Haruto broke up with Asuka. As you can see, my account is new so if I'm breaking any forums rules sorry.

The site I read this manga on had a comment section for every chapter. And it seemed as though a lot of people really hated Yuzuki and preffered Asuka. This to me came as a shock, I didn't quite understand her character, or understand why he started dating her in the first place. I knew it felt wrong and it wasn't going to last. I didn't feel the love he had for her, compared to Nanami or Yuzuki. He used to have trouble talking to both of them, he was always nervous and excited around them. But Asuka it just seemed like "Oh Haruto, our best friend just recently died, and by the way I really like you, this is my confession" and Haruto just kind of went with it. This also really confused me, it seemed like a rush relationship, and he never really had feeling for her compared to Nanami or Yuzuki. And then when Rin met up with him and explained how they are only dating because she is easy to keep. He doesn't want to get dumped again like his past girlfriends, etc etc. This is where it all made sense to me. It really seemed like Rin was 100% right with her statement. All my feeling towards Asuka that I couldn't quite put into words was easily manifested when Rin said all that. My question is, why so many Asuka fans? When since the beginning it felt like a rebound girl.

thx and sorry if I did anything wrong.

because everyone always has a favorite in any anime/manga and ofc you will want her to be with the protagonist

N3wb

I can understand that. What I want to know is why people liked her so much, I can see why so many people hate Yuzuki, but I can't see why they would like Asuka. She gives off this deadfish personality, there wasn't anything about her that I liked very much. So what I want to know is what parts of her character did people like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannus View Post
    I can understand that. What I want to know is why people liked her so much, I can see why so many people hate Yuzuki, but I can't see why they would like Asuka. She gives off this deadfish personality, there wasn't anything about her that I liked very much. So what I want to know is what parts of her character did people like.
    i think the part that get people to like her the most was that she is very forgiving ,kind, understanding and her love for haruto alt least it is for me
    And i know she is rebound girl but he could do a better job breaking up with her than that she doesn't really deserve it

I will get you lirumlarumloefel's Avatar

Asuka is the dream girl of every nerd. She is incredible forgiving, self-respect is a word she doesn't know, she accepts every nonses you make, she convinces you to go on group dates and she ecourages you to go on dates with random girls, she won't ever oppose you and she is no threat to your manlines.
    She is in every aspect like a doll. You don't need to do things for her or with her and when you are bored you can give her some attention, she is just there after all.

Greetings

I'm not one for discussing manga or anime with others. However this manga really grasped my attention, especially when Haruto broke up with Asuka. As you can see, my account is new so if I'm breaking any forums rules sorry.

The site I read this manga on had a comment section for every chapter. And it seemed as though a lot of people really hated Yuzuki and preffered Asuka. This to me came as a shock, I didn't quite understand her character, or understand why he started dating her in the first place. I knew it felt wrong and it wasn't going to last. I didn't feel the love he had for her, compared to Nanami or Yuzuki. He used to have trouble talking to both of them, he was always nervous and excited around them. But Asuka it just seemed like "Oh Haruto, our best friend just recently died, and by the way I really like you, this is my confession" and Haruto just kind of went with it. This also really confused me, it seemed like a rush relationship, and he never really had feeling for her compared to Nanami or Yuzuki. And then when Rin met up with him and explained how they are only dating because she is easy to keep. He doesn't want to get dumped again like his past girlfriends, etc etc. This is where it all made sense to me. It really seemed like Rin was 100% right with her statement. All my feeling towards Asuka that I couldn't quite put into words was easily manifested when Rin said all that. My question is, why so many Asuka fans? When since the beginning it felt like a rebound girl.

It`s because Eba did really big s..t to Haruto,she hurt him really bad, so the fans can`t get over it. Semple as that.

A Level-5 Nihility Master alcrowry's Avatar

It is the contrary here, I believe?
    As far as I remember, many people were not really fond of Asuka, especially after she started dating Haruto.
    The Dark Side of Misaka Mikoto

The so-called "Killer" Editor of Engelbert's FanFic

I will get you lirumlarumloefel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alcrowry View Post
    It is the contrary here, I believe?
    As far as I remember, many people were not really fond of Asuka, especially after she started dating Haruto.
    Well, most people of the fandom were not fond of her simply because she was bland in every aspect. She had no personality at all and was so flat as a character that she could fit under every door.

N3wb

Greetings

well honestly for me, it seems asuka's character only brought out haruto and yuzuki's love, in a sense that readers would hate you to get the girl that dumped you, her character created the needed spice for the relationship regardless. she may or may not be liked depending on how much you hate yuzuki. of course this is all in my own opinion.

Greetings

first of all , welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy yourself. Secondly, no you are not breaking any rules.

The site I read this manga on had a comment section for every chapter. And it seemed as though a lot of people really hated Yuzuki and preffered Asuka. This to me came as a shock, I didn't quite understand her character, or understand why he started dating her in the first place.
    Well different people had different reasons to like or dislike Yuzuki as well as Asuka. What was shown from the various polls we conducted here though was that Yuzuki always came out on top of the polls but the margin differed depending on the time the poll was conducted.

Why did people dislike Yuzuki?

Well the root of the problem here lies really with the portrayal of Yuzuki in the series. There was a strong dislike that was built towards her during the Tokyo Arc (The whole Kazama Incident). A lot of people, myself included, felt like she made a complete mess of things, especially in her choice of break up manner (letter), her hiding the truth from Haruto, her refusal to speak to him and her pretending not to know him. Personally I would like to add her choosing the worst possible option for her.

Anyway, this created a certain feeling that she was now "unworthy" of being the main female protagonist of the story

So Why Asuka?

Setting aside the true Asuka fans out there, quite a few of the people who suddenly supported Asuka were doing so more because of their dislike of Yuzuki. So why her and not someone else? Well that's really quite simple, she was the only one there. Yuzuki's strongest competition was actually Nanami then followed by Akari. From a plot point of view, it made no sense for Asuka to even be considered in terms of "ending girl" categorization. But since Nanami and Akari were back in Hiroshima, Asuka was the only possible female character.

Also I think that Seo really meant for Yuzuki to be the ending girl from the beginning but sort of miscalculated the effect of the Tokyo Arc so he couldn't use any of the main rivals as the interim girlfriend since it would be difficult to accept the switch later on.

I knew it felt wrong and it wasn't going to last. I didn't feel the love he had for her, compared to Nanami or Yuzuki.
    My personal opinion of Asuka was that she was the "Akari" of Tokyo. Just as Kazama was the "Takashi" of Tokyo. They are both the reliable friends and support that Haruto would have in the Tokyo arc. Also the characterization of Akari was someone Haruto felt comfortable with. So she was really "best friend" material and not really "girl friend" material.

As to the "feeling it wasn't going to last", I'm the same as you. The moment Asuka became the girl friend of Haruto instead of Nanami, it was actually the fact in the story that sealed the deal for Yuzuki being the ending girl. Up until that point, Seo could have still written the story to have a Nanami ending, or at least an epic show down between Nanami and Yuzuki with an uncertain ending. Kind of like what happened in Ichigo 100%. His decision though to use Asuka, who has no plot standing, basically made Yuzuki the only possible ending girl.

But Asuka it just seemed like "Oh Haruto, our best friend just recently died, and by the way I really like you, this is my confession" and Haruto just kind of went with it. This also really confused me, it seemed like a rush relationship, and he never really had feeling for her compared to Nanami or Yuzuki.
    Because it really was meant to be like that. His relationship with Asuka was used to provide a reference point for his relationship with Yuzuki. Notice how differently he acts between the two relationships? Even prior to them getting back together, he would remember things about Yuzuki but forget promises with Asuka. When he was with Yuzuki he didn't even spare a thought for Asuka. He is frequently drawn blushing or feeling self conscious with Yuzuki but non so with Asuka. etc

As to why he did it, that's actually quite understandable. You have to remember that in Tokyo there were only 3 people outside his family that he really bonded with. Kazama, Asuka and Yuzuki. When Kazama died he lost his "best friend", when Yuzuki left he lost his "girl friend" and that left Asuka as the last remaining friend and companion he had in Tokyo. Then she kinda threatened him by saying, if your not gonna be my boyfriend then I'm leaving as well. So I guess you can say he was at an emotionally vulnerable point and he caved in.

And then when Rin met up with him and explained how they are only dating because she is easy to keep. He doesn't want to get dumped again like his past girlfriends, etc etc. This is where it all made sense to me. It really seemed like Rin was 100% right with her statement. All my feeling towards Asuka that I couldn't quite put into words was easily manifested when Rin said all that. My question is, why so many Asuka fans? When since the beginning it felt like a rebound girl.
    Well I think I explained it above already. Actually a lot of Asuka's real fans were disappointed during the relationship with Haruto as she didn't really seem like Asuka but instead was all docile and seemingly "afraid of doing something that might make her lose Haruto".

Hope this helps ^^

set by Mink©

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast