Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So predictable.... *SPOILERS* (for multiple manga, read at own risk!)

Default So predictable.... *SPOILERS* (for multiple manga, read at own risk!)

Ok apart from Seiji being a total D-bag and the plot being a complete mess, there's something else that really annoys me in manga like these.

I became really fond of the bond developing between seiji and shou in the first 'arc', but ofcourse there had to be that one incident where one can predict the outcome of the entire manga series.... the first 'fated meeting'. I suppose it has sort of become a standard manga rule of sorts, where the protagonist (seiji) is fated to (in the end) fall in love with the first girl that they meet in the manga. For instance, the first girl that engaged in conversation with seiji was Yuki. And after roughly 150 chapters of 'fillers' nearing arguably (and tbh hopefully) the last arc of the series, Seiji ofcourse falls in love with Yuki. I don't mind it happening at all even though I prefer shou, but it gets annoying when it happens in EVER SINGLE romance manga.

For instance:

Nisekoi: Regardless of it's harem setting, chitoge, the first girl that ichijou meets gets the most screentime and romance plot. And it seems that it will eventually turn into a relationship between them, unless the harem element takes over.
    Kimi no Iru machi: In the first chapter, Haruto meets yuzuki and after going through 2 other relationships he ends up with yuzuki, much like what happened in GE...

it probably applies to other series as well, but when you start to notice that it's becoming a basic element in every series,you can't enjoy it anymore....

Thoughts?

Otakus , Otakus everywhere. Meykkei's Avatar

You just wrote the thing that I always thought in shounen+romance manga = 3=
    Like , this thing happens EVERYTIME! The only manga where it didn't happen ( which is why that manga is in my top 5 xD ) is Ichigo 100% .. [ SPOILERS Don't read if you don't wanna know ] Cause the author clearly said that beside the fact that he wanted Toujo ( she was the main girl and the first the protagonist [ Junpei ] met ) he understood that Nishino ( other girl ) and Junpei had more bonds :< ( kay sorry if my english is bad.. uwu ) [END of spoiler]

Soo , I did read KNIM and Nisekoi , but KNIM was my first Harem manga.. I preferred Asuka over Yuzuki but I still read it and didn't actually mind the yuzuki x haruto pair.
    Then I read Nisekoi ( and other mangas with shounen+romance ) and this thing STILL happens? D: Like.. I was so depressed... cause I always.. ALWAYS tend to like the 2nd girl/boy that RARELY gets the main character T^T

Damn it. <.<"
    Top 5 manga
    • Suki Desu Suzuki-kun
    • Ichigo 100%
    • Eden no Ori/Cage of Eden
    • Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
    • Yamada-kun to 7 nin no maho

Not always, for example, Ichigo 100% doesn't follow the "fateful encounter" rule, because if he in fact ended with Aya instead of Nishino. This doesn't make Ichigo 100% a better manga in any way, but it's one very popular example that the rule isn't followed every time, maybe this impression is kinda based on the bias people have towards one character or another, in your case, since you liked Shou this have much more relevance, because all along there were signs pointing towards Yuki.

I don't like Shou, her character was poorly dealt with throughout the series, but she's not even near Yuki when we're talking about being annoying, talking non-sense and being selfish, but it is just that Yuki had more chances do shine and show her good side than Shou. Also, by reading the one-shot you should've already braced yourself for Yuki as the ending girl.

I want both to go die in a fire. He should get Touru's imouto and elope with her, best ending.

Otakus , Otakus everywhere. Meykkei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeverSleep View Post
    I want both to go die in a fire. He should get Touru's imouto and elope with her, best ending.
    Nice ending bro
    Top 5 manga
    • Suki Desu Suzuki-kun
    • Ichigo 100%
    • Eden no Ori/Cage of Eden
    • Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
    • Yamada-kun to 7 nin no maho

Has a Few Faves AC Cloud Strife's Avatar

Well it's somewhat common I would say.. those two characters which get the most "on screen time" are going to be together in the end, after all the manga is about them (otherwise they wouldn't have been shown that much). That's what's happening in KNIM and GE, I would also say that this is what is about to happen in Nisekoi sooner or later..

It is annoying at times that you already know where this story might be leading to, but on the other hand it's nice to see how they got there, to the place the characters are destinied to be. At least that's what I think about it..

Level One Otaku

Sadly I think Ichigo 100% broke the first girl rule simply because Nishino was doing better in popularity polls than Aya. The writing even corrected some things to make Nishino more of the "first girl met."

Quote Originally Posted by dustbiter View Post
    Sadly I think Ichigo 100% broke the first girl rule simply because Nishino was doing better in popularity polls than Aya. The writing even corrected some things to make Nishino more of the "first girl met."
    Fruits Basket feelings... they even created a new character to make a pairing with Yuki right after the volume with a popularity poll in it.

N3wb

Quote Originally Posted by Archaedon View Post
    Ok apart from Seiji being a total D-bag and the plot being a complete mess, there's something else that really annoys me in manga like these.

Well Seiji is not a D-bag he is emotional and doesnt want to hurt anyone which makes him choose the wrong choices so it's not his fault.

The plot a complete mess lol!.
    This sort of drama in relationships happens everywhere People running away with eachother to get away from parent's and trying to escape a crazy old boyfriend everything in the plot happens in real life.

The plot isn't really a mess at all its well thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by badstar4 View Post
    Well Seiji is not a D-bag he is emotional and doesnt want to hurt anyone which makes him choose the wrong choices so it's not his fault.

The plot a complete mess lol!.
    This sort of drama in relationships happens everywhere People running away with eachother to get away from parent's and trying to escape a crazy old boyfriend everything in the plot happens in real life.

The plot isn't really a mess at all its well thought out.
    I'm saying he's a D-bag because he agreed that he didnt have yuki in his heart AT ALL anymore. He even PROMISED to shou that he would never hurt her feelings. 2 seconds later..... Yuki uses moves on seji :' I don't like you anymore seiji! ' , 2 chapters later: 'I still love you seiji T////T' Seiji grows a b*ner and goes back to yuki for no apparent reason, breaks his promise with shou and completely obliterates her feelings. And the plot is a mess because every 5 chapters or so it seems that the writer couldnt decide where the f*ck he wanted to go >_<

Has a Few Faves

Well it makes sense the girl wouldn't be in chapter 1 if she wasn't the main heroine and the main guy can only be with the main girl. I don't think I've seen any exception other than Angel Beats(the anime, not the manga).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast