Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Naruto chapter 615 discussion

Being Epic is My Routine

Quote Originally Posted by StriderZero View Post
    Because then we wouldn't have a super badass looking Part II Neji and no more complete Team Gai. Things just wouldn't look right, especially with how bad it looked with Sai trying to replace Sasuke on Team 7.

In all seriousness, I think it's possible for two thought processes to be true. He could have saved Neji back then in order to sacrifice him for NaruHina purposes later. He also could have wanted to do a lot more with Neji in Part I but never got around to it. The latter would be bad writing IMO.
    I always missed the bandages on his arms. I have no idea why, but I always liked them about his design. Sad they had to go. Would've been awesome if his design was like this.

Last edited by #PIE; 12-30-2012 at 05:49 PM.

Sinks Fan Ships ForeverElevator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johan D. Evil View Post

As for the NaruHina development, I don't think it was completely unnecessary or bad writing. If Kishi had no more stories to tell with Neiji except giving him the same kind of "freedom" that his father chose then I don't see a real problem with him dying, especially if it aids in the development of other characters. REALLY bad writing would be if Neiji only died because "someone has to die in a war" because then he really would have died pointlessly. Hinata deserves development too and for better or for worse she did get it thanks to this. Developing a romance in the middle of a battle isn't a bad thing as it is during intense moments that people can get closer to one another, though I agree that it was a little out of place. It felt like the entire battlefield stopped to listen to her speech when they could have been continuing to battle. That wold also help to make it a moment just for the two of them and thus made the development itself stronger too.
    This 100%.

And honestly, this development isn't that hard to swallow. Generic, yes, but you should expect it after 600 chapters of the same thing. Forced or rushed? Ehhhh not really.

->Hinata got more confidence and respect in part II, though not enough
    ->Was legitimately in danger of dying to Pain, so she took a gamble and confessed to Naruto (she may have never gotten the chance)
    ->No reply. So do you give up, or keep going on with it? Hinata's entire motivation is not giving up, so protecting Naruto in the midst of battle and still pursuing him is reasonable. She's the perfect candidate to give the motivational speech.

And what people is confusing is that NARUTO DID NOT CONFESS. THIS IS NOT THE ULTIMATE CANON. One instance of development does not mean that the two will automatically end up together. And besides, Naruto still has not said anything romantic about Hinata at all, holding hands could just be camaraderie because she helped Naruto get over his billionth slump.

If anything I think this is excellent development towards that love triangle. Before, Hina fans had really no good argument against SakuNaru because Hinata had almost 0 screentime, this makes the results murkier and keeps fans guessing, which I like.

I don't think it's rushed. But, I do agree it's stupid they just sit there and listen to them talk, but this has been going on for a while, so it isn't like it has become unexpected? Yes, everyone listening is blatantly stupid and kills any intensity, but that seems like a whole different issue.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerInEyes View Post
    I'm not trying to deny that, but why couldn't Kishi have killed him off at the right time? Like... hmm... the Sasuke Retrieval Arc? Atleast then, it would've made his character even more of a boss and his death would've been more than meaningful. Neji had barely any development from then on, so I don't see a single problem on why he couldn't have been killed off right there. Naruto losing both Neji and Sasuke would've been great development for him to continue on trying harder to protect his friends (since him having friends was a key point back in Part I).
    If he had died during the retrieval arc it probably would have done more for his character. In this situation, Neji didn't even die fighting or anything, he practically pulled an Obito. Now that I think about it, and rereading the pages. The little finger bullets wood of doom leave large gaps in between. Couldn't Naruto have... i dont know... moved? shoved aside..? gentle palm'd aside? Also, im sure the iwa's couldve made a doton wall. I'm looking too much into logic. But yeah, had Naruto realized the danger if Neji had been killed could have boosted his determination, then none of this would have happened.
    Signature and Avi made by SharinganFox(Me)

Banned

so posts are still getting deleted huh...

@PIE: can't remember what you said . but i guess atleast neji's dying in part II here isn't half bad.

Being Epic is My Routine

Quote Originally Posted by citrix View Post
    so posts are still getting deleted huh...

@PIE: can't remember what you said . but i guess atleast neji's dying in part II here isn't half bad.
    Yeah, true. I'm not gonna be those people that contradict themselves. I did like Neji's death and am glad that there was a major death.

Sarcastic Wisconsinite

Quote Originally Posted by citrix View Post
    why in the stupid hell will you do that ? let the kids battle.
    I'm just trying to have my pal's back over there, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerInEyes View Post
    I always missed the bandages on his arms. I have no idea why, but I always liked them about his design. Sad they had to go. Would've been awesome if his design was like this.

When did he have those? I got bad eyes. Those are pretty neat.

Hitmontop is Japanese for Capoeira Webdemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverElevator View Post
    Why don't people understand this IS THE DEVELOPMENT.

People claim Hinata doesn't get any development as a romantic interest. Once she gets development, people claim that development wasn't developed enough.

DEVELOPCEPTION=Hinata always loses.
    What happens in this is that idiots think Naruto and Hinata, being real and.all, require "the dating ritual" before they start taking things a bit further.

Yeah, It's pure bliss isn't it? (WHO GETS IT? IF YOU DID CONGRATU-FUQING-LATIONS)

Honestly, I would love to see the awesome tag team efforts that will bloom on the battlefield.
    We'll see. As far as the romantic aspects are concerned, I could care but I won't.

If it happens it happens, if not then oh well, no skin off my nose.
    Last edited by Webdemon; 01-03-2013 at 04:36 PM.

One of The Followers

NaruHina.

Heaven and Hell could go to war in my living room right now, and I'd still be blissful. NaruHina.

One of The Followers

I don't have a ship but if there has to be love for Naruto Im just so glad it isn't Sakura-chan That Hoe!! Never liked her she treated Naruto like crap and has stomped on his emotions more times than I can remember. She likes Sasuke so let evil Sasuke stab her in the face and lets move this war along. Hinata Merry Christmas you finally got the present you always wanted from Santa good luck. She has never treated Naruto like a shame to the village like so many others. Honestly Sasuke never really did either...Those two were his truest bluest friends, maybe Shikimaru too it was his parents that pulled him away when they were kids. TELL YOU NOW: If they pull a switcharoo with the shipping after this chapter for that B*tch(Sakura) I really might stop watching I really haven't gotten over the pointless-ness of Obito's story arc. He was remembered as one of the only truly good Uchiha's then Kishi just shat all over that(All Uchiha's are douchebag emo freaks and only Madara is actually good at it). Pain is more like Naruto than Obito could ever be. (Pain also didn't go batshit crazy and try to destroy all reality over a girl he never dated or was related to) Obito really has no use but to try to fill Kishi's ridiculous plot holes. It was a gr8 chapter all for the betterment of Naruto and people having his back.
    Last edited by marclee82; 01-01-2013 at 06:47 PM.

One of The Followers

Sorry but im going to continue just a tad. Hinata has been willing to give up her life to save Naruto how many times now. Sakura barely does what Tsunade does for Naruto (keeping him grounded/somewhat serious) and even Tsunade shows more affection to the boy. Siince the war began she hasn't done anything important or for him...Yeah Sakura "really" deserves Naruto(sarcasm). Im sorry I just want her to go away far far away she is about as useful as Obito. The show is called Naruto not Village Ninjas if you don't do anything for the show and its main character why are you here?

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast