Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: is the light novel worth reading????

Default is the light novel worth reading????

so i watched the anime and i want to continue since its so good. but is it worth reading online. i also heard that the light novels are almost done.

anybody know????

N3wb

I just finished the first one, and yes it is worth reading, even though the story changes a bit, the anime is more chronological, but here it's Kirito talking, sometimes remembering, and some stories are in the volume 2 (aincrad, side stories, just began reading it). Anyway it brings some depth into the characters, and basically it's brilliant ^^. Do not hesitate. If I may add, there are some good translations on the interwebz.
    See ya' !

[edit, maybe useless: Light Novel means 250 pages, the "light" does not refer to a form of short story ^^ It may repell some]
    Last edited by Neroston; 12-26-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Tell you what. If you don't like boring texts then don't. The novel will blow your brains out but it sure is worth reading, worth more than the anime for me at least though the order of the story is different.

[edit, maybe useless: Light Novel means 250 pages, the "light" does not refer to a form of short story ^^ It may repell some]
    Have you ever seen how thick the novel of Horizon is?
    Last edited by Alviam099; 12-26-2012 at 06:33 AM.

One of The Followers ProGoddess's Avatar

I have read the light novel and the manga, and have almost finished the anime.

The manga is "short and sweet" (so to speak), as it gives a brief summary of the first volume of the story in the novel. It is almost like a "one-shot" story. The artwork isnt as good as I would expect, however it does illustrate good battle fights and emotions.

The anime has a better storyline of the series as it has picked the important plots from the novel. The stories involve the first two games. If there is an incoming season, it would be able to continue with the next game.

The light novel is the original story. If one is interested in reading the details and to finish the whole entire story, then it would be better to read it. However in my opinion, the story has led from battle-fighting (action) to romance and to almost like a harem gene now as it has created a lot of female characters who are in love (or special liking) with the male protagonist. So there is a lot of emotional scenes to it.

Overall, I like all three - novel, anime and manga. If you have the time and patience, try all and you will be able to tell the difference. However even if you only watch the anime, it is still good enough to know the full story plot. Of course the detail description would be omitted as those in the novel.

Enjoy reading and/or watching!
    Do you love me?

Yeah it is worth reading.. cause it has more details and kirito is narrating all the things that he does and feels.. u would understand how kirito feels... specially in case of asuna.. u will know how much he cares for her and how important she is >.<
    Asuna's character development is also shown in the novel..
    and a lot of stories that anime lacks were there u would understand the story more...
    I would recommend u to read it... but WARNING it is freaking LONG and has lot of text... but its worth it

One would expect of a novel, every little description has to be precise and detailed, or it wouldn't be interesting to read the book. If you can read the original version in Japanese, it would be great. However the translation into English was as accurate as its original. I particularly like the translators who did a good job in it, with fluent language proficiency which made reading more interesting.

Well done!
    Do you love me?

One of The Followers

I like the Novel a lot, describes the emotions and the memories so well I love it :,)

I agree with you. In fact there were some scenes that were very touching which brought tears to my eyes.

I have finally finished the anime series hahaha... and I am thinking of another one now.
    Do you love me?

N3wb

where can i read light novels of SOA? please

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ord_Art_Online Here is where I found it that has the best translations and T/N's for the series.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast