Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Japanese were right

Default The Japanese were right

Remember back in the earlier days when this manga was like < 20 chapters and people in Japan were denouncing this manga as terrible crap? Lots of rage back then.

Then there was the backlash from the white people in the west calling for the death of Japanese otakus because they did not appreciate this fabulous masterpiece of a manga.

Of course about 50 chapters later, the white people in the west started to slowly but surely loathe this manga and the loathing only grew with each passing chapter.

Now we are at the end of this fabulous masterpiece of a manga after 3 years. Looking back, this series should not have lasted more than 50 chapters. I'm sure the west can now agree that the east was right.

I don't think so and I don't think that you know what the Japanese said either. Some said that it was BS but most didn't! That's why it's still running.

If the manga was recieving a bad name when it was still in its early stages, I don't see how it was still being published. (I know it was some sort of a remake to a previous story/manga but I couldn't find it.)
    I don't understand why it's being bashed as bullcrap anyway; I think it went from senseless harem to something more developed, with every girl having an actual past and not only the hots for the main-character 24/7. Oh look. The main character actually had to prove himself without a stupid power-up (thank god this is not fantasy.) and real raw feelings, complicated awkwardness, insecurity (not just about the female character's breast-sizes) were all included, I think we got ourselves a good drama going on; maybe not shounen, but it's something?

I agree lol- it's such a crappy manga, but here's the thing: it's impossible to stop reading. I don't even understand it myself (I really hate this manga but I still want to know how it will end) >_>

oajdfjad edit**

I remember in Japan all the craziness started when it was revealed that Yuki wasn't a virgin... or something like that, right?

Level One Otaku

The manga started off fairly well the whole Japanese otaku backlash was due to the girl not been a virgin and not due to the actually quality of the manga itself, I lost interest fairly early on so can't really comment on weather or not the mangas been good or not.

Wieczny Malkontent darksamurai0's Avatar

Yeah, the Japanese didn't like that. It's a cultural thing, I guess. But people from the West were raging then, too, I think - but mostly about Yuki's later "rape me" said to Seiji, probably.

The manga was good until the latest chapters. It seems as if Kei rushed with the plot. As a result, it all felt too melodramatic, cheap and cliche. Apart from that, it's good.

lol, japanese otakus will always overreacting~they should just get a life! It's just tarnish the good name of japanese people! I mean what kind of person would go send some killing threats to the author just because he/she doesn't match up with your expectations?
    sICKO. If you don't like it, just send complaints, don't blackmail the author~

Quote Originally Posted by Leftmangaka View Post
    lol, japanese otakus will always overreacting~they should just get a life! It's just tarnish the good name of japanese people! I mean what kind of person would go send some killing threats to the author just because he/she doesn't match up with your expectations?
    sICKO. If you don't like it, just send complaints, don't blackmail the author~
    You know that the white people do that to Hollywood celebrities too, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Makall View Post
    You know that the white people do that to Hollywood celebrities too, right?
    Yeah,Some SICK white psychos do that to Hollywood celebrities too.

The Japanese were raging because during the first chapters the story didn't fit the typical shonen romance manga's plot : the main character was dumped by his love interest (who clearly slept with another guy) and his second love interest completly wanted to ignore him.

Look at all the works of that genre : the main character is a complete loser but still get all the girl's attention just because men don't want to identify themselves to someone who gets ignored or "cheated on". GE was daring and unique in that way (closer to a shojo manga some people even said).

The Westerners started to rage when the manga became too predictable.

If you say the japanese were right to not get interested in that "masterpiece" from the start, then they were right for the wrong reasons.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast